Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Good game plan zac"!
Words by chase in the mic'd up segment which shows the confidence in him that the players have vs fans and Twitter coaches.  In the end that's all that counts,  I have heard it from burrow to in Zac's ability to game plan. I never understood the "fire Zac" comments and out cry from social media. After each 3 and out people get emotional and want to fire everyone or say he doesn't know how call plays. Collins misses a block it's Zac's fault, Mixon misses a block it's Zac's fault, receivers drop a pass it's Zac's fault, burrow throws it right to the defense it's Zac's fault etc. Makes no sense.

It's not just our fans, every team has this if their team has a bad few drives,  few games or a call that they don't agree with  (if it doesn't work then they don't agree with it but if it does they agree smh) and all teams want that person fired. Every game and every drive can't be a touchdown,  defenses get paid as well.  We just came from a super bowl, not a 5 win season. We aren't going to win every game, I still have us losing 3 more and even when we lose its close. It's the NFL people.

Just glad the decisions are by our organization and the players in the building and not the fans or we would be hiring and firing coaches every other game or maybe even at half time.

Offense takes time to figure out what the defense is doing,  and by the 2nd half they are usually at their best like burrow said on Colin's show this week.  You see it by Lou last year and this year the differences in first half vs 2nd halfs.  I don't have a problem with none of the supposedly "bad calls" by Zac. Only one maybe is toss plays on 4th just because I don't like tossing it back just to try to get 1 yard but the Philly special and shovel pass to #17 (not sure why his name is escaping me ) would be great calls if they worked and if Collins blocked on that one because sometimes the D doesn't expect it but ravens played good D on it have to give them credit.  Now if they worked nobody would complain but again you can call out every team week after week with plays that don't work and fans call them out as bad calls but it is what it is I guess.

Just wanted I make a positive post in support of Zac (or whoever calls the plays) because he's done a great job and players know it. People here are treating him like bratkowski smh
Reply/Quote
Slow starts are real for this Bengals team. Those are planned plays. Who gets credit for that?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
God Damnit, you killed Kevin!

(In a Cartman voice)

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 10:41 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Slow starts are real for this Bengals team.  Those are planned plays.  Who gets credit for that?

Again,  it's a mixture if you watch the games. Some dropped passes, missed blocks, bad throws etc plus like I said the offense is getting used to what the defense is playing. Most the time what defenses shown on tape is not how they play us so it might take a little longer. 
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 10:46 AM)Amalone002 Wrote: Again,  it's a mixture if you watch the games. Some dropped passes, missed blocks, bad throws etc plus like I said the offense is getting used to what the defense is playing. Most the time what defenses shown on tape is not how they play us so it might take a little longer. 

I watch the games.

I also watch other teams play.

Do players not execute on those teams?  Sure they do.

JB isn't his own HC or OC.  If he is making mistakes that needs to be addressed not "let Joe figure it out".

Schemes have been a problem.  So has personnel in situations.  Head-scratching plays.

They're figuring it out( I hope)and things have shifted, so kudos to them for recognizing and changing as the season progresses.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 10:32 AM)Amalone002 Wrote: Words by chase in the mic'd up segment which shows the confidence in him that the players have vs fans and Twitter coaches.  In the end that's all that counts,  I have heard it from burrow to in Zac's ability to game plan. I never understood the "fire Zac" comments and out cry from social media. After each 3 and out people get emotional and want to fire everyone or say he doesn't know how call plays. Collins misses a block it's Zac's fault, Mixon misses a block it's Zac's fault, receivers drop a pass it's Zac's fault, burrow throws it right to the defense it's Zac's fault etc. Makes no sense.

It's not just our fans, every team has this if their team has a bad few drives,  few games or a call that they don't agree with  (if it doesn't work then they don't agree with it but if it does they agree smh) and all teams want that person fired. Every game and every drive can't be a touchdown,  defenses get paid as well.  We just came from a super bowl, not a 5 win season. We aren't going to win every game, I still have us losing 3 more and even when we lose its close. It's the NFL people.

Just glad the decisions are by our organization and the players in the building and not the fans or we would be hiring and firing coaches every other game or maybe even at half time.

Offense takes time to figure out what the defense is doing,  and by the 2nd half they are usually at their best like burrow said on Colin's show this week.  You see it by Lou last year and this year the differences in first half vs 2nd halfs.  I don't have a problem with none of the supposedly "bad calls" by Zac. Only one maybe is toss plays on 4th just because I don't like tossing it back just to try to get 1 yard but the Philly special and shovel pass to #17 (not sure why his name is escaping me ) would be great calls if they worked and if Collins blocked on that one because sometimes the D doesn't expect it but ravens played good D on it have to give them credit.  Now if they worked nobody would complain but again you can call out every team week after week with plays that don't work and fans call them out as bad calls but it is what it is I guess.

Just wanted I make a positive post in support of Zac (or whoever calls the plays) because he's done a great job and players know it. People here are treating him like bratkowski smh

Your right it's hard to pin point what's wrong with offense at times. It's easy to point the finger at the play calling and I've done it myself. But there is a lot involved in any given play that can cause it to fail.

Your also correct all our losses have been close but this is where my problem with Zac has been. The first 2 weeks we don't help the tackles out which is a head scratcher when we've had success doing that in the past against the steelers. Then again not doing it again against the Cowboys when we already saw our struggles. Then against the Ravens it was really just that red zone possession. Now if 1st down to Hurst works it's a moot point or if Tyler Boyd realizes he can just throw the ball out of the back of the end zone on the Philly special we have 3rd down from the 2. But my problem is we couldn't run against Miami and Howard leaves the game we keep trying to run it in when Burrow is slicing them up. Then against the Ravens we are finally running the ball we try and get cute instead of making the Ravens prove they can stop the run. So I'm just not sure Zac does all that good at reading how the game is unfolding. 

Finally on that shuffle pass. I don't hate it and if it works we are all fine with it. If it's me I'm taking the 3pts. But regardless of that Stanley Morgan said after the game he wasn't familiar with the shuffle pass because he hasn't practiced it. So we throw to a guy that doesn't get targeted on a play that he hasn't practiced. Maybe if we ran him out in the flat or snuck him out in a strong play action the defense can lose him but a shuffle pass the dline just has to be disruptive like they would on any play. There's just no excuse for that play it was just plain bad and put our players in a bad situation asking them to do too much to win the play.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 10:57 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I watch the games.

JB isn't his own HC or OC.  If he is making mistakes that needs to be addressed not "let Joe figure it out".

Schemes have been a problem.  So has personnel in situations.  Head-scratching plays.

They're figuring it out( I hope)and things have shifted, so kudos to them for recognizing and changing as the season progresses.

Hopefully we can continue to keep up the running game we've shown the last 2 weeks. We did a good job of getting into 3rd and short last week. I think this is what is going to our offense figure out the cover 2. It gives Burrow more confidence in the check downs and short throws.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 11:27 AM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Hopefully we can continue to keep up the running game we've shown the last 2 weeks. We did a good job of getting into 3rd and short last week. I think this is what is going to our offense figure out the cover 2. It gives Burrow more confidence in the check downs and short throws.

Yep, manageable 3 downs are huge (execution, downfield blocking, positive rushing , and of course avoiding sacks)
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 10:41 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Slow starts are real for this Bengals team. Those are planned plays. Who gets credit for that?

The same person who had a stellar second half most notably vs KC twice and in OT and late games in the playoffs.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 10:32 AM)Amalone002 Wrote: Words by chase in the mic'd up segment which shows the confidence in him that the players have vs fans and Twitter coaches.  In the end that's all that counts,  I have heard it from burrow to in Zac's ability to game plan. I never understood the "fire Zac" comments and out cry from social media. After each 3 and out people get emotional and want to fire everyone or say he doesn't know how call plays. Collins misses a block it's Zac's fault, Mixon misses a block it's Zac's fault, receivers drop a pass it's Zac's fault, burrow throws it right to the defense it's Zac's fault etc. Makes no sense.

If Zac has done anything wrong it’s his trying to please Joe Burrow with what he likes. He’s the head coach and offensive leader and certainly Joe needs to be comfortable and engaged but the bottom line he sometimes needs a little bit of Parcels and Belicheck instead of Zac in him. But yes OP the players have confidence in him offensively.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Zac, give up the play calling. Thanks!
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 12:27 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Zac, keep play calling- JaMar Chase. Thanks!

FIFY

Reply/Quote
This is no different than any other situation. We as fans watch every single down of our games and most watch just highlights of other games. This makes us very critical of every single down for our team. Other teams do the exact same things...we just usually don't see it.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 12:36 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: FIFY

I honestly think once Zac gives up play calling, we will dominate in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
"...because it sucked the last week"
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Didn't look bad today. Falcons secondary was decimated, and the game plan was to relentlessly attack it. Don't even bother running, just throw it. The last couple of games have looked immensely better due to adjustments in the blocking scheme, and Joe Burrow adjusting to what the defenses are giving him. Notice when Atlanta changed up to more soft zone coverage, Joe didn't keep pushing the ball down field and took the underneath stuff. If Joe keeps doing this, the play calling will look a lot better, and NO ONE can stop it.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
ZT is doing well , team seems to be coming together
Reply/Quote
Ted Karras ( discussing Saturday Night jeopardy) “Zac and Joe have a great dynamics”

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 10:42 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: God Damnit, you killed Kevin!

(In a Cartman voice)

Not to be a pedantic prick all day lol, but Cartman never did the, "You killed Kenny," bit: only Stan and Kyle ThumbsUp
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 10:57 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: I watch the games.

The Bengals basically started running plays out of Shotgun exclusively the past couple weeks.
Reply/Quote