Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Good game plan zac"!
(10-23-2022, 12:14 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: If Zac has done anything wrong it’s his trying to please Joe Burrow with what he likes. He’s the head coach and offensive leader and certainly Joe needs to be comfortable and engaged but the bottom line he sometimes needs a little bit of Parcels and Belicheck instead of Zac in him. But yes OP the players have confidence in him offensively.

That's a good point and probably the reason that the run game and pass game looked like 2 different offenses.
Reply/Quote
Have to admit- great game plan

Just remember that Atlanta is one of the worst pass Ds in NFL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 06:48 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Not to be a pedantic prick all day lol, but Cartman never did the, "You killed Kenny," bit: only Stan and Kyle ThumbsUp

Not to go too off topic but since you brought it up he does say "they killed Kenny" once.    You can see it here at around the 3:20 mark.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRIBQJfjJBo

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
All in all great day. Hopefully we can get the run game going at some point. We are going to need it
Reply/Quote
Great game by Taylor
-Housh
Reply/Quote
If you ever think Zac is a good HC and play caller just log into the Game Day thread.

There was a dude in there today who cursed Zac for taking his "foot off the pedal" after we played man D and gave up the long TD and then tried numerous passes on our last drive of the 1st half instead of running out the clock...AKA the opposite of NOT taking your foot off the pedal

There were numerous who cursed him for going for it on 4th down instead of kicking the FG ( I can only imagine how mad this made "take the foot off the pedal" guy) and the few that agreed with going for it were saying how stupid Zac was for throwing it with a QB and passing game that was on fire instead of running it; even though we got stuffed the play before.

Then there were the "Zac's an idiot" for not challenging The Tee catch on the 1-yard line. It never occurred to them that it was possible upon review the play may have been overturned to a fumble, so we quick snapped so ATL couldn't review and liked our chances of 1st and goal on the 1
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Just please for the love of all thing that are holy, take the 3 points. Stop the 4 th and 1’s.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 07:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you ever think Zac is a good HC and play caller just log into the Game Day thread.

There was a dude in there today who cursed Zac for taking his "foot off the pedal" after we played man D and gave up the long TD and then tried numerous passes on our last drive of the 1st half instead of running out the clock...AKA the opposite of NOT taking your foot off the pedal

There were numerous who cursed him for going for it on 4th down instead of kicking the FG ( I can only imagine how mad this mad "take the foot off the pedal" guy) and the few that agreed with going for it were saying how stupid Zac was for throwing it with a QB and passing game that was on fire instead of running it; even though we got stuffed the play before.

Then there were the "Zac's an idiot" for not challenging The Tee catch on the 1-yard line. It never occurred to them that it was possible upon review the play may have been overturned to a fumble, so we quick snapped so ATL couldn't review and liked our chances of 1st and goal on the 1
He has no choice but keep the gas on. We have almost no run game.  Can’t run 30 seconds off the clock before half.  And, yes kicking the field goal would have been foot on the pedal. I believe that would have made it a 3 score game at that point.  Take it.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 07:52 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: He has no choice but keep the gas on. We have almost no run game.  Can’t run 30 seconds off the clock before half.  And, yes kicking the field goal would have been foot on the pedal. I believe that would have made it a 3 score game at that point.  Take it.

They weren't trying to run out the clock before half. They were trying to advance the ball...to score.

Ie They had their foot on the pedal and it costed them.

Ahh...hindsight. 
Reply/Quote
Support Zac and have said the only issue ever having is sometimes he gets too cute with long developing plays and gambles way too much.

Yet said that I thought he would grow and get better at both. He seems to have cut back on the cute stuff and is going for the throat more now, which I applaud.

But dude needs to start attending Gamblers Anonymous and not go for ever single 4th and short. Why even carry McPhearson and going up 14 is not a bad thing in this league. Better than the 11 point lead Bengals ended up with.

Oh well it mattered not, so no harm no foul.

Still think the guy is a good coach and on his way to becoming a great coach, once he fires his analytical team lol.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I was at the game, seated at the western corner of the north end zone, and I watched Atlanta’s secondary. Zac Taylor called an almost perfect game because the Falcons played a loose zone which gave the Bengals all kinds of room to throw underneath. Joe Burrow feasted all day.

On days like this going to an empty backfield spread offense makes sense.
Reply/Quote
If this is Zac Taylor with total trust in his offensive line then he may be the best play caller in the league. These plays were just great today. Even the ones we missed were usually good plays, just poor execution.

He’s the perfect mix of aggressive and passive.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 08:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I was at the game, seated at the western corner of the north end zone, and I watched Atlanta’s secondary. Zac Taylor called an almost perfect game because the Falcons played a loose zone which gave the Bengals all kinds of room to throw underneath. Joe Burrow feasted all day.

On days like this going to an empty backfield spread offense makes sense.

Ok seeing this i think it was ATL gameplan to bleed clock with run and not pass.

They knew that D would give up points. They were just hoping we didn’t have it much.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
It's also been nice seeing them work Tyler Boyd (possibly the best receiver in the NFL out of the slot) back into the offense in a regular manner. He was a good part of them punishing both the Saints and the Falcons for trying to sit in a 2 high shell.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 07:05 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Have to admit- great game plan

Just remember that Atlanta is one of the worst pass Ds in NFL

Which is why you air it out all day. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 08:19 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Support Zac and have said the only issue ever having is sometimes he gets too cute with long developing plays and gambles way too much.

Yet said that I thought he would grow and get better at both. He seems to have cut back on the cute stuff and is going for the throat more now, which I applaud.

But dude needs to start attending Gamblers Anonymous and not go for ever single 4th and short. Why even carry McPhearson and going up 14 is not a bad thing in this league. Better than the 11 point lead Bengals ended up with.  

Oh well it mattered not, so no harm no foul.

Still think the guy is a good coach and on his way to becoming a great coach, once he fires his analytical team lol.

Yeah....as much as I like the gambler mentality, I was screaming kick Zac! Didn't like that decision at all, but that was about all I saw wrong today.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 09:44 PM)Housh Wrote: Ok seeing this i think it was ATL gameplan to bleed clock with run and not pass.

They knew that D would give up points. They were just hoping we didn’t have it much.

Atlanta leads the nfl in run/pass balance toward run. It's what they do. No matter what.

They kind of run a limited college offense.
Reply/Quote
IF we had one of our usual slow starts...we might lose today's game. Atlanta would have just ran over us.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 11:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF we had one of our usual slow starts...we might lose today's game. Atlanta would have just ran over us.

We stuffed the run to help with fast start..kudos to the def.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2022, 11:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: IF we had one of our usual slow starts...we might lose today's game. Atlanta would have just ran over us.

I disagree with that. They had 1 good drive running the ball.
Reply/Quote