Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Good job squeelers on your tie
(09-09-2018, 06:59 PM)6andcounting Wrote: No way isn't isn't suspended at least a game as well. Going super low to spear a QB sitting on the ground pinned under the defender that already made the tackle won't be topped as dirtiest play of the year - and yes I'm aware Birthdefect isn't suspended all season.

Nah, the steelers will do at least a dozen worse things.  Of course, eleven of them won't be called.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:59 PM)6andcounting Wrote: No way isn't isn't suspended at least a game as well. Going super low to spear a QB sitting on the ground pinned under the defender that already made the tackle won't be topped as dirtiest play of the year - and yes I'm aware Birthdefect isn't suspended all season.

Are you guys competing with each other for most Bengal obsessed steeler fan?   You're pretty hard to beat with the obnoxiously uber large sig of a guy who isn't even a Bengal any more.  You're all in the running, though, this being a thread about your own game and all you can talk about is the Bengals.

Really bizarre phenomenon.  Is it your go to after you guys have a bad game, the only way to dry your tears?  Because, truth is, it's really goofy and lame.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 07:17 PM)McC Wrote: Are you guys competing with each other for most Bengal obsessed steeler fan?

This seems to be a trend for you.  I can assure you, a fan of the most successful NFL franchise in the SB era is not obsessed with one of the worst teams in the SB era.

Quote:   You're pretty hard to beat with the obnoxiously uber large sig of a guy who isn't even a Bengal any more.  You're all in the running, though, this being a thread about your own game and all you can talk about is the Bengals.

It's rather easy to make comparisons when your fellow fans try and talk smack.  If a 400 pound man calls me fat I just might point out that he's in a poor position to hurl stones.

Quote:Really bizarre phenomenon.  Is it your go to after you guys have a bad game, the only way to dry your tears?  Because, truth is, it's really goofy and lame.

Nah, we just enjoy jerking your chain.  Thanks for jerking it with us.   Mellow
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 07:17 PM)McC Wrote: Really bizarre phenomenon. 

*Visits the only sub-forum on the website that allows opposing fans and smack talk*

*Sees opposing fans talking smack*

*Completely f***ing dumbfounded*
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 07:40 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: This seems to be a trend for you.  I can assure you, a fan of the most successful NFL franchise in the SB era is not obsessed with one of the worst teams in the SB era.

It's rather easy to make comparisons when your fellow fans try and talk smack.  If a 400 pound man calls me fat I just might point out that he's in a poor position to hurl stones.

Nah, we just enjoy jerking your chain.  Thanks for jerking it with us.   Mellow

Here's your big problem--you are no longer the most successful franchise.  You have been passed by and your tiny minds and delicate psyches can't process it so you clutch at wet straws like hey, at least we're better than the Bengals.  I believe the professionals would call that avoidance. You can't see it from the inside, but from the outside looking in, it's high comedy yet also pretty creepy.  But hey, it's hard when you used to be king and ain't any more.

Maybe the day will again come when you can look at your own failures directly and not filter them through orange colored glasses.   Once you more highly evolve, that is.

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 07:53 PM)McC Wrote: Here's your big problem--you are no longer the most successful franchise.  You have been passed by and your tiny minds and delicate psyches can't process it so you clutch at wet straws like hey, at least we're better than the Bengals.  I believe the professionals would call that avoidance. You can't see it from the inside, but from the outside looking in, it's high comedy yet also pretty creepy.  But hey, it's hard when you used to be king and ain't any more.

Maybe the day will again come when you can look at your own failures directly and not filter them through orange colored glasses.   Once you more highly evolve, that is.

This is butthurt disguised as smack.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 07:53 PM)McC Wrote: Here's your big problem--you are no longer the most successful franchise.  You have been passed by and your tiny minds and delicate psyches can't process it so you clutch at wet straws like hey, at least we're better than the Bengals.

Oh my!  By who pray tell?

Quote:  I believe the professionals would call that avoidance. You can't see it from the inside, but from the outside looking in, it's high comedy yet also pretty creepy.  But hey, it's hard when you used to be king and ain't any more.

Let's say, for pure arguments sake, that we're no longer the kings (even though we demonstrably are).  What would that make the Bengals?  Answer, the guy who mops the peep show booth.

Quote:Maybe the day will again come when you can look at your own failures directly and not filter them through orange colored glasses.   Once you more highly evolve, that is.

Orange?  Surely you mean black and gold right?  I really wish you guys put up more of a fight, it's why I rarely bother in here any more.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:14 PM)michaelsean Wrote: So were the Ravens that good, the Bills that bad or a mix?

It's week 1, so likely a mix.  There are always teams that look amazing and then fall to earth and teams that look atrocious that turn out to be contenders.

Anyways, congrats to the Ravens fans for their big W.

Congrats to the Browns fans for finding a way not to lose.

Steeler fans, don't worry.  I'm sure it will come out that Big Ben played with a torn labrum, 3 cracked ribs, 2 broken toes, and a 102.3 degree fever.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 08:34 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Orange?  Surely you mean black and gold right?  I really wish you guys put up more of a fight, it's why I rarely bother in here any more.
When Jungle Noise sends their people,  they're not sending their best. 
Reply/Quote
Popcorn

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 08:41 PM)Whatever Wrote: It's week 1, so likely a mix.  There are always teams that look amazing and then fall to earth and teams that look atrocious that turn out to be contenders.

Anyways, congrats to the Ravens fans for their big W.

Congrats to the Browns fans for finding a way not to lose.

Steeler fans, don't worry.  I'm sure it will come out that Big Ben played with a torn labrum, 3 cracked ribs, 2 broken toes, and a 102.3 degree fever.

You spelled labia wrong.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 07:53 PM)McC Wrote: Here's your big problem--you are no longer the most successful franchise.  You have been passed by and your tiny minds and delicate psyches can't process it so you clutch at wet straws like hey, at least we're better than the Bengals.  I believe the professionals would call that avoidance. You can't see it from the inside, but from the outside looking in, it's high comedy yet also pretty creepy.  But hey, it's hard when you used to be king and ain't any more.

And ARE the Steelers better than the Bengals, even as they begin their great decline from last year's 13-3 season?

People on the inside still think yes. But what do people on the "outside" say? People who are not looking through orange-colored glasses.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2018, 06:11 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Ravens demolished a bad team and the Bengals took a solid come from behind win on the road. Great start for those teams

And things start to fall in line next week when the ravens and bengals tie, the browns get destroyed, and the Steelers demolish the Chiefs.
Reply/Quote
The Browns played like shit and still got their first non-loss in 36 games and Steelers fans aren't worried...........  it's HILARIOUS!
The Browns did everything in their power to give that game away and the Steelers STILL sucked too bad to take it away!
Tyrod Taylor went 15 for 40.........   FIFTEEN FOR FORTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WELCOME TO THE HELL OF STEELERS FANS!
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 12:14 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: The Browns did everything in their power to give that game away 

Steelers had six turnovers on the road, Browns did everything they could to give game away.  Put the pipe down, back away from the keyboard, get stem cells.   Smirk
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 12:50 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Steelers had six turnovers on the road, Browns did everything they could to give game away.  Put the pipe down, back away from the keyboard, get stem cells.   Smirk

Only one of those turnovers resulted in any points for the Browns.........  so you're more proving my point that the Browns did everything they could to give the game away but still tied because the Steelers suck.

Thanks for strengthening my point  ThumbsUp

I'm missing parts of my brain and still understand simple logic that confuses the fanbase of the Steelers.
Reply/Quote

As much as I agree the Steelers stunk up the joint yesterday and were lucky it wasn't a loss (Taylor is awful as a thrower) are we going to have the "color television" conversation already?

Because even if *I* am ticked at how they played and not sure they will be any different the next time they play a bad team I'm not so sure they won't still win the division based on just last season.

Carry on...
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Stillers futbawl
Reply/Quote
Hard to believe the Browns didn't start the season with a loss. Of course they didn't really play anybody. Hilarious
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2018, 07:18 AM)GMDino Wrote: As much as I agree the Steelers stunk up the joint yesterday and were lucky it wasn't a loss (Taylor is awful as a thrower) are we going to have the "color television" conversation already?

Because even if *I* am ticked at how they played and not sure they will be any different the next time they play a bad team I'm not so sure they won't still win the division based on just last season.

Carry on...

Sure, they'll probably win the division.  Have you guys already lowered your expectations?

Reply/Quote