Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good luck to the Bengals, but I won't be watching...
Evidently we are getting the Eagles/Cowboys game here in Louisville, which would usually mean I would go to a bar and watch. But, since the Bengals are stinking the place up this year, and Lamar has won 3 in a row for Baltimore, now the fans in the only Bengals bar here in Louisville are starting to cheer for Jackson, which means they are cheering for a Division rival. I can't tolerate that, I just get angrier and angrier, so, I guess it's putting up Christmas decorations and wrapping presents today. First Bengals game I won't be watching in decades.....
Reply/Quote
Haha i'm choosing not to watch it just because. Also first Bengals game missed in decades.

Reply/Quote
During the game I'll be at my daughter's concert. I would rather hear her sing than watch the Bengals choke.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I hate to say it but I am enjoying the browns game. They at least look like they want to win
Reply/Quote
I watched the game and am glad I did. It was a more competitive game than I thought it would be. The loss aside it was a better game than expected. Fortunately I watch football for entertainment and despite my favorite team losing I still enjoy games like this. Oh and the Steelers lost to one of the worst teams in the NFL, that's pretty funny, more entertainment. Big Grin

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 10:30 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I watched the game and am glad I did.  It was a more competitive game than I thought it would be. The loss aside it was a better game than expected. Fortunately I watch football for entertainment and despite my favorite team losing I still enjoy games like this.  Oh and the Steelers lost to one of the worst teams in the NFL, that's pretty funny, more entertainment.  Big Grin

While we made many mistakes, and the officiating was even worse, I did see a much better defensive effort today than the previous 6 weeks. Special teams didn't suck either. Except for that onside kick thingy. Can't stray too far from that 'what the hell was that?' hymn that is sung every week.

But it was competitive all game, enough to enjoy and occasionally think we had a chance of winning the game. I'm just hoping Mike Brown and family overdosed on eggnog, and slept through the game. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2018, 10:57 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: While we made many mistakes, and the officiating was even worse, I did see a much better defensive effort today than the previous 6 weeks. Special teams didn't suck either. Except for that onside kick thingy. Can't stray too far from that 'what the hell was that?' hymn that is sung every week.

But it was competitive all game, enough to enjoy and occasionally think we had a chance of winning the game. I'm just hoping Mike Brown and family overdosed on eggnog, and slept through the game. 

I actually enjoyed it too.  As you say, at least a solid effort was put forth, and they actually did have a shot at winning it.  With so many backups playing, I don't even expect a win, I just want to see a worthy effort.  I feel like we got that yesterday against a hot team in their house.  Not bad.

Mixon was VERY entertaining to watch, and how bout that Ringo kid?  May have found something there.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 11:03 AM)Wyche Wrote: I actually enjoyed it too.  As you say, at least a solid effort was put forth, and they actually did have a shot at winning it.  With so many backups playing, I don't even expect a win, I just want to see a worthy effort.  I feel like we got that yesterday against a hot team in their house.  Not bad.

Mixon was VERY entertaining to watch, and how bout that Ringo kid?  May have found something there.....

Thing is this is all too familiar. Those last few games of 2017 saw a resurgence of focus and execution, and a lot of us then were asking "Where the hell has that been all year? As I watched yesterday, I'm asking a similar question. 16 games over 17 weeks doesn't seem to be that daunting of a task to play focused and execute well what has been coached. Many words have been thrown at it. Poor discipline and in some cases a lack of professionalism describe it pretty well for me. 

I did see talent/ability yesterday where I had begun to doubt if it existed. Upgrades would be welcome in almost every position group, but we showed (once again, though rare) yesterday that we can play decent football. I missed that the past couple of months. 

Whoever mentioned coaching might be the problem is on to something.  Ninja
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2018, 11:23 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: Thing is this is all too familiar. Those last few games of 2017 saw a resurgence of focus and execution, and a lot of us then were asking "Where the hell has that been all year? As I watched yesterday, I'm asking a similar question. 16 games over 17 weeks doesn't seem to be that daunting of a task to play focused and execute well what has been coached. Many words have been thrown at it. Poor discipline and in some cases a lack of professionalism describe it pretty well for me. 

I did see talent/ability yesterday where I had begun to doubt if it existed. Upgrades would be welcome in almost every position group, but we showed (once again, though rare) yesterday that we can play decent football. I missed that the past couple of months. 

Whoever mentioned coaching might be the problem is on to something.  Ninja

Yes sir.....typical dead cat bounce.

As for the coaching....two things stand out from yesterday.  Good decision to go for it on 4th and short, and for the 1st 2 pt conversion......backed up with two totally head scratching play calls.  Also, they finally decided to put the ball into Joe Mixon's hands early and often.  For the first time all season, we actually led someone in time of possession late into the 2nd half.  It's no coincidence that we were able to hang in there by adopting this strategy.  If only it could have been discovered earlier in the season...... Hmm 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote