Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good news
Merv only gets a single week of preparation for the Falcons. It seems any time he gets more, the team struggles. The team always seems to play poorly after the bye week as well as the first game of the season and I'm pretty sure it's also true of the game following a Thursday night game.

If this team is as good as most of us think it is, we should see a better team come this Sunday and hopefully we walk out with the win as well.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Knock on wood!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2018, 11:42 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Merv only gets a single week of preparation for the Falcons. It seems any time he gets more, the team struggles. The team always seems to play poorly after the bye week as well as the first game of the season and I'm pretty sure it's also true of the game following a Thursday night game.

If this team is as good as most of us think it is, we should see a better team come this Sunday and hopefully we walk out with the win as well.

Yes, it is kind of weird, you would think with more time to prepare the team would be better, not worse.

Almost makes me hope we only get a Wild Card and not a top seed if we make the playoffs lol
Reply/Quote
The short prep time worked against the Ravens.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: good-news-everyone.jpg]

Sadly, it sounds about right.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Makes sense Philhos now that you mention it.

Reply/Quote
Yeah, kinda funny how the less coaching/preparing they get, the better they do. Says something about Marvin.
Reply/Quote
I will take whatever advantage we can get...

With the exception of the bye week and week 14 against LA, (formerly known as Whale's Vagina) , Marv has all one week, 1pm games.

Then again, the playoff games...
Reply/Quote
(09-27-2018, 12:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, it is kind of weird, you would think with more time to prepare the team would be better, not worse.

Almost makes me hope we only get a Wild Card and not a top seed if we make the playoffs lol

Clearly that has worked so well for us lol
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2018, 10:38 AM)Sweetness Wrote: Clearly that has worked so well for us lol

Good point, hope this changes this year. Sad
Reply/Quote