Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Good news everyone
(02-06-2017, 11:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: I thought the very same thing following the game sir.  What a treat it was.  I think maybe these Falcons might make a run or two out of this.  They're young....play fast....and seem well coached.  They probably win if not for the Wizard of Foxboro.

As for our clowns? They won't take anything from it.  They're too damn arrogant and stubborn.  Lack of accountability from the FO makes them this way.  Marv is too busy clapping to have a pad and pencil out during the game taking notes like Belicheck does.  Nor does he address his team on the sidelines like Bill did.  If this team goes down 21-0 after a pick six against a playoff caliber team or in the postseason......it's full on meltdown mode. I'm so over Marv.

When you see what really good coaches can do, it shines a bright light on our gang, makes me jealous while depressing me over our true prospects.

Fourteen years of the same.  How can the next one possibly be any different?  I just hope the entire careers of Andy, AJ, Geno, Whit And Dunlap aren't wasted on Marv, like Carson, Chad, Willie and TJ's were.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 07:10 PM)McC Wrote: When you see what really good coaches can do, it shines a bright light on our gang, makes me jealous while depressing me over our true prospects.

Fourteen years of the same.  How can the next one possibly be any different?  I just hope the entire careers of Andy, AJ, Geno, Whit And Dunlap aren't wasted on Marv, like Carson, Chad, Willie and TJ's were.

Sad thing is.....we're well on our way to wasting these guys' careers.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 12:57 PM)ochocincos Wrote: When I opened this thread, I was expecting/hoping to see this...

[Image: 71412179.jpg]

I was expecting this:

[Image: vhyfxm.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Nope, just checked the Cincinnati obits. False Alarm. Ninja
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(02-06-2017, 01:38 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Nobody is going to remember our playoff meltdown.

Atlanta just topped us by a mile.

And let's face it: If the Falcons played Marvin Lewis play to not lose football after that Julio Jones toe tap, they would've won.

Look on the bright side!

That's the bright side.  Then things must be awful dim in Cincinnati.  I'm going to remember our play-off meltdown.  Everybody is going to remember our play-off meltdown.  I give a lot of credit to Falcons for getting to Super Bowl and jumping to the lead. Maybe some credit needs to be given to Patriots who are a dynasty team and to Tom Brady who quarterbacked the miracle comeback.  New England and Atlanta playing a great Super Bowl into overtime has nothing to do with Bengals being team going the most years without a play-off win. This was a great Super Bowl and that Steelers vs Bengals was one of the worst played play-off games by both teams ever. I don't know how you can compare the two.  Falcons were a Super Bowl team losing in overtime to one of the best dynasty teams ever.  The 40s Bears, the 50's Browns, the 60's Packers, the 70's Steelers, the 80's 49ers, the 90's Cowboys, but since 2000 the dynasty team has been the Patriots.  Falcons took them into overtime of a Super Bowl.  Do not forget Falcons destroyed Seahawks and Packers in play-offs. Falcons won NFC Championship.  You have to go back to 1988 or 1981 to see such a good Bengals team as the 2016 Falcons. 

No, this will go down as one of the best NFL Championships ever. Right up there with Johnny Unitas and the Colts beating the New York Giants in overtime to win the NFL Championship.  You are comparing one of the greatest games in NFL History to one of the worst games in NFL history in which both Steelers and Bengals played lousy. Steelers got clobbered the next week. Just a lousy game on the part of both teams. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I'm going to stick with it being fixed because it's easier that way. I'm tired of being disappointed so denial is where I'm going to be. In fact I may just build a new house right on the banks of the River Denial and never have to acknowledge being wrong ever again.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-07-2017, 03:00 AM)Trademark Wrote: At least Atlanta can make a super bowl

2 Super Bowls since our last playoff win.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote