Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Good news on the coaching front
From NFL.com......

Bengals coach Zac Taylor in line for lucrative contract extension after Super Bowl LVI
Published: Feb 13, 2022 at 11:22 AM

Adam Maya
NFL.com Digital Content Editor

It was only 13 months ago that Bengals owner Mike Brown issued a statement confirming Zac Taylor would be retained. Brown might soon be releasing another statement assuring Taylor will be Cincinnati's coach for many years to come.

After leading the Bengals on an improbable run to Super Bowl LVI, the third-year coach has positioned himself for a big payday. NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Sunday that Taylor's representation will sit down with the club sometime after the season finale versus the Rams and begin to hammer out a lucrative contract extension.

It's a well-deserved development after Taylor engineered one of the most dramatic turnarounds in league history. The Bengals won just six games over his first two seasons, including four in 2020. They're the second team in league history to reach the Super Bowl coming off five consecutive losing campaigns (1999 Rams), per NFL Research. Cincinnati previously had not won so much as a single playoff game since 1990.

Taylor's top two lieutenants are already on board for 2022. Rapoport reported offensive coordinator Brian Callahan and defensive coordinator Lou Anarumo, both of whom interviewed for head coaching vacancies elsewhere, have agreed to new deals in Cincy.
Reply/Quote
Darrin Simmons, who would have another job in about 5 minutes, also sounded like he was in no hurry to go anyplace else in his most recent interview. But, I think that he is on a contract cycle that differs from everyone else too

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Great news, they all deserve it. Keep Zac, Brian and Lou here. They all have coached an epic season.

Hope they continue to do the same today and outcoach McVay and the Rams coaches.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 03:31 PM)pally Wrote: Darrin Simmons, who would have another job in about 5 minutes, also sounded like he was in no hurry to go anyplace else in his most recent interview.  But, I think that he is on a contract cycle that differs from everyone else too

Simmons has been our best coach forever, he was the one bright spot in all the Marv years besides Zim.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 03:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Simmons has been our best coach forever, he was the one bright spot in all the Marv years besides Zim.

Hue was pretty awesome too.

WR coach, Chad, TJ, and Henry all became stars.
RB coach, brought Gio onboard and tutored him well.
OC, one of our best offenses ever.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 03:56 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Hue was pretty awesome too.

WR coach, Chad, TJ, and Henry all became stars.
RB coach, brought Gio onboard and tutored him well.
OC, one of our best offenses ever.

Yeah, I thought about Hue, sorry for leaving him out. Jay wasn't bad either or even Paulie G wasn't terrible.
Reply/Quote
Well deserved contract rewards.
Reply/Quote
Great news and well deserved.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 03:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I thought about Hue, sorry for leaving him out. Jay wasn't bad either or even Paulie G wasn't terrible.

Especially as the LB coach.
Reply/Quote
My goodness how the worm has turned...
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 05:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: My goodness how the worm has turned...

...and this particular worm twisted so hard it needs an MRI and physical therapy. Just a year ago I wanted the entire coaching staff fired with extreme prejudice; just clean house and start over. I didn’t trust the process because I didn’t trust the people. I even wanted Hamilton County to issue a restraining order barring any member of the coaching staff from being within 100 feet of Paul Brown Stadium.

When I’m wrong I eat my crow and admit it. I hope Mike Brown extends Zac, Brian, Lou, Darrin, and the whole staff for a decade or more.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 05:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: My goodness how the worm has turned...

That's how it goes with results.

Some predict good things 100% of the time, and try to rub it in when they were correct.

Others need convincing after a 6-25-1 start.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2022, 03:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I thought about Hue, sorry for leaving him out. Jay wasn't bad either or even Paulie G wasn't terrible.

I was with you till the end, Jay and Paul were both Run Run Pass (incomplete) and terrible.
[Image: sig_zpsweeg0dtn.jpg]
Reply/Quote