Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good read on all possibilities for Reds pitching staff
https://redsminorleagues.com/2020/02/03/most-likely-non-roster-pitcher-to-make-the-reds-this-spring/

Some of these guys have had some success in the past, but predicting the production of a ML pitcher is difficult. So many of them will go up an down dramatically from year to year for no apparent reason.

Instead of finding a new arm maybe our best bet is to hope for guys like Iglasias to just return to their pre-2019 form.
Reply/Quote
Tough to tell who will or won't work out in the starting rotation. Of the 5 so far I'd figure Miley as low man on the totem pole and if he drops off or starts out horrible we may see the emergence of Powers or even Lodolo although I bet Powers sees the big leagues before Lodolo. I think the odds of all 5 making it through an entire season unscathed are not that good, but I do expect at least Castillo, Gray and either Bauer or DeSclaflani to be OK all season, maybe both. The bullpen? Always a tough call. It's always half dozen of one and six of the other. Bauer will likely get the lions share of national press coverage which means exactly squat.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote