Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good thing to take away from todays game
Marvin has us one loss closer to his departure......
And, I saw in another thread, now closed, some are blaming our defense for losing. Today's game was the second game in a row where the defense was on the field over 40 minutes. To have such a lopsided time of possession, and still be in position to win at the end of the game.....guy's, really, the defense is playing well and the only reason we have any wins..... yeah, they are giving up passes etc in the 2nd half. You think maybe they are just a little worn out after the offense goes 3 and out over and over and over?????
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Marvin has us one loss closer to his departure......
And, I saw in another thread, now closed, some are blaming our defense for losing. Today's game was the second game in a row where the defense was on the field over 40 minutes. To have such a lopsided time of possession, and still be in position to win at the end of the game.....guy's, really, the defense is playing well and the only reason we have any wins..... yeah, they are giving up passes etc in the 2nd half. You think maybe they are just a little worn out after the offense goes 3 and out over and over and over?????
 Yeah sure, that's part of it.  But the soft zone has to go.  High school QB's can hit wide open receivers, for crying out loud.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:17 PM)McC Wrote:  Yeah sure, that's part of it.  But the soft zone has to go.  High school QB's can hit wide open receivers, for crying out loud.

They're basically playing the whole time. Do that man to man  for that amount of time and they'll be collapsing on the field..... PG is doing what he can and the only thing saving us is the Dline rotation and the 4 corners.  Now that there are injuries, expect it to get even worse. Offense has to, at some point, step up....
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: They're basically playing the whole time. Do that man to man  for that amount of time and they'll be collapsing on the field..... PG is doing what he can and the only thing saving us is the Dline rotation and the 4 corners.  Now that there are injuries, expect it to get even worse. Offense has to, at some point, step up....

True.  It's just irritating on 3rd and 8 to see a wide open receiver catch a 10 yard pass.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:22 PM)McC Wrote: True.  It's just irritating on 3rd and 8 to see a wide open receiver catch a 10 yard pass.

Oh no doubt.... but we just have to realize why it's happening and place blame there....
Reply/Quote
14 rushes. When we gonna put in a FB and just try and run the ball a bunch. What are we scared of?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:22 PM)McC Wrote: True.  It's just irritating on 3rd and 8 to see a wide open receiver catch a 10 yard pass.

Yeah...why would that ever be a thing at such an elite level of competition?  I had noticed multiple times against the Jags where it was 3rd and 4 or so and the closest defender would be too far away to contest a simple dump-off pass.  Does this make any sense to anyone?  Isn't the point of forcing a 3rd and 4 to deny them 4 yards, or at least have a chance to deny them 4 yards?  Why would you call the same play on 3rd and 4 as you would for a 3rd and 10?
Reply/Quote
Billings looked good in the middle

Mixon went for over 4 YPC

Oline seemed to do much better

oh....OP wasn't serious,.....never mind
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Billings looked good in the middle

You're like a Steve Vai song. 

So much good and then you totally **** it all up by banging on the whammy bar too much at the end.

Believe it or not, this is mostly a compliment.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Billings looked good in the middle

The pass blocking seemed much better today. The run blocking was still bad. They had 2 maybe 3 runs where they had good blocking and the rest was bad. Those 2 runs they blocked good accounted for almost half the running yards by the RBs.
Reply/Quote
27 1st downs to our 15.

We were 1-10 on 3rd downs. They were 7-15.

They had 40 minutes ToP.
Reply/Quote
Tupou was stout. If anyone can stomach it, watch his snaps.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:29 PM)bonesaw Wrote: 14 rushes.  When we gonna put in a FB and just try and run the ball a bunch.  What are we scared of?

Its hard to run when its 3 and out.  Guys its time to smell the roses and look at Andy Dalton as a huge problem for this offense.  Tell me one thing he is doing well to help this team win? Can someone tell me what he does week in and week out to help us win??  Not the Oline not the Lazor not the run game but Andy Dalton himself.  Ask yourself what is he doing that is good right now?
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 12:02 AM)bengalsfansince93 Wrote: Its hard to run when its 3 and out.  Guys its time to smell the roses and look at Andy Dalton as a huge problem for this offense.  Tell me one thing he is doing well to help this team win? Can someone tell me what he does week in and week out to help us win??  Not the Oline not the Lazor not the run game but Andy Dalton himself.  Ask yourself what is he doing that is good right now?

Is Dalton the problem at times? Maybe.

It's honestly hard to evaluate him. The line is terrible run blocking and pass blocking. The WR's other than Green can't separate.

Really the only plays that seem to work are screens to Bernard and long-throws to Green.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 12:02 AM)bengalsfansince93 Wrote: Its hard to run when its 3 and out.  Guys its time to smell the roses and look at Andy Dalton as a huge problem for this offense.  Tell me one thing he is doing well to help this team win? Can someone tell me what he does week in and week out to help us win??  Not the Oline not the Lazor not the run game but Andy Dalton himself.  Ask yourself what is he doing that is good right now?

We passed the ball 35 times. Seems those 3 and outs didn't stop us from passing. Hmm...
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Not dying under a 850lb pile of human flesh, because his line can't block worth shit?

That's seems pretty good to me. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 12:05 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Is Dalton the problem at times? Maybe.

It's honestly hard to evaluate him. The line is terrible run blocking and pass blocking. The WR's other than Green can't separate.

Really the only plays that seem to work are screens to Bernard and long-throws to Green.

When I hear fans saying WR's need to separate I have to laugh.  First of all how can we tell from watching on TV if WR's are separating?  Are we basing it off how throws are being defensed? Do we ever think maybe Andy is the reason why so many passes are broken up?  Bad ball placement? Throwing to a receiver that is covered when another is wide open.  At the end of the day Andy has been playing below average for almost 2 seasons.  How come you never here them say Tom Bradys WR's need to get better separation?  You want to know why?  because he places the ball in the right spots?  
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 12:16 AM)bengalsfansince93 Wrote: When I hear fans saying WR's need to separate I have to laugh.  First of all how can we tell from watching on TV if WR's are separating?  Are we basing it off how throws are being defensed? Do we ever think maybe Andy is the reason why so many passes are broken up?  Bad ball placement? Throwing to a receiver that is covered when another is wide open.  At the end of the day Andy has been playing below average for almost 2 seasons.  How come you never here them say Tom Bradys WR's need to get better separation?  You want to know why?  because he places the ball in the right spots?  

Dalton obviously isn't Brady. The Bengals coaches obviously aren't the Patriots coaches. The Bengals organization isn't the Patriots.

I guess my point is that in a trainwreck it's kind of hard to say which car is damaged the worst.
Reply/Quote
You play the zone in certain situations to keep the receiver in front of you to stop them from converting the 1st down.

It really is colossal failure to let them complete AND get more yardage after the catch.

We really do see this a lot.

Even early on in the game.

Please tell me how the offense is held accountable for this?

I'm not even arguing about the amount of snaps that the D is playing.

Lack of Offense and bad execution of defense both contribute to this amount.

I just want to know what the excuse is early in games for the defense?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Josh Malone sighting.
Reply/Quote