Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good thing to take away from todays game
(11-12-2017, 11:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: Tupou was stout. If anyone can stomach it, watch his snaps.

Tupou...stomach....I see what you did there. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Billings looked good in the middle

Mixon went for over 4 YPC

Oline seemed to do much better

oh....OP wasn't serious,.....never mind

Acutally, I was..... I'm viewing every loss for the rest of this season as one more loss closer to Marvin Lewis being a bad memory....
Reply/Quote
One at a time.....
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Marvin has us one loss closer to his departure......
And, I saw in another thread, now closed, some are blaming our defense for losing. Today's game was the second game in a row where the defense was on the field over 40 minutes. To have such a lopsided time of possession, and still be in position to win at the end of the game.....guy's, really, the defense is playing well and the only reason we have any wins..... yeah, they are giving up passes etc in the 2nd half. You think maybe they are just a little worn out after the offense goes 3 and out over and over and over?????

I get it.....however, for two weeks straight, they let the offense cram it down their throats on the opening drive, and much of the first half.  The O was scoring in the first half too, yet, the defense was still getting owned.  They share in the blame the last two weeks.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:30 PM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Yeah...why would that ever be a thing at such an elite level of competition?  I had noticed multiple times against the Jags where it was 3rd and 4 or so and the closest defender would be too far away to contest a simple dump-off pass.  Does this make any sense to anyone?  Isn't the point of forcing a 3rd and 4 to deny them 4 yards, or at least have a chance to deny them 4 yards?  Why would you call the same play on 3rd and 4 as you would for a 3rd and 10?

I made a comment in the gameday thread.....notice all of the traffic in the middle of the field created by opposing defenses, makes it hard to get people open.....then watch the GAPING hole in the middle of our defense.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:05 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Marvin has us one loss closer to his departure......
And, I saw in another thread, now closed, some are blaming our defense for losing. Today's game was the second game in a row where the defense was on the field over 40 minutes. To have such a lopsided time of possession, and still be in position to win at the end of the game.....guy's, really, the defense is playing well and the only reason we have any wins..... yeah, they are giving up passes etc in the 2nd half. You think maybe they are just a little worn out after the offense goes 3 and out over and over and over?????

I'm beginning to think the Bengals are just not a playoff caliber team this year.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 11:06 AM)RobertG Wrote: I'm beginning to think the Bengals are just not a playoff caliber team this year.

You just might be right.   Hilarious
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 10:58 AM)Wyche Wrote: I get it.....however, for two weeks straight, they let the offense cram it down their throats on the opening drive, and much of the first half.  The O was scoring in the first half too, yet, the defense was still getting owned.  They share in the blame the last two weeks.

Yeah. I would say we have an above average D, but probably the most undisciplined and clutch NFL defense I've ever watched. Of the team’s 11 penalties, six of them came from the defense to allow automatic first downs on third down situations. Last week and this week's 3rd down stops have been pathetic.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
My TV is on antenna and does not pick up 45 WRGT Fox to save its life, so I had to watch the Browns yesterday.

It seemed like a way less painful game than against the Jaguars. There was a quick-strike score to A.J., which is always good but if the defense was out there 40 minutes, it's no wonder they coughed up that winning score.

Yes, the team is not as good as the ones from 2011-2015 but the offense moving it a little more, just a little, might have won yesterday's game. The Broncos are going to be way ticked off after last night so it doesn't get any easier next week.
Reply/Quote
I pretty much got to watch 2 plays yesterday and then the last drive by Titans.
1) Ced playing "El Matador" and letting Andy get crunched and ultimately fumbling.
2) Watching Michael Johnson basically getting off the ball about a second after the snap and just stand there.

I don't know how anyone could have been watching the last handful of games and still say our D is good. We get that 3 &out hurts the D, but when you allow the offense to get 1st down consistantly on 3rd and long by holding receivers or allowing stuff underneath, it's going to be a long day... Where's the pass rush been lately?
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 11:06 AM)RobertG Wrote: I'm beginning to think the Bengals are just not a playoff caliber team this year.

Don't give up hope yet. 10-6 is still within reach!  [Image: denny_smilie.gif]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 01:23 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I pretty much got to watch 2 plays yesterday and then the last drive by Titans.
1) Ced playing "El Matador" and letting Andy get crunched and ultimately fumbling.
2) Watching Michael Johnson basically getting off the ball about a second after the snap and just stand there.

I don't know how anyone could have been watching the last handful of games and still say our D is good. We get that 3 &out hurts the D, but when you allow the offense to get 1st down consistantly on 3rd and long by holding receivers or allowing stuff underneath, it's going to be a long day... Where's the pass rush been lately?

Smith and Atkins both had sacs yesterday....
Reply/Quote
Good thing to take away from this game? Is this team ain't very good on either side of the ball! We've had our chances through the years to be a great team,but, the team just can't get past that one hurdle,the Playoffs. Why, poor coaching (sic) during the game, poor preparation, lack of desire b4 and during the game? I think ML is part of the reason,probably the biggest reason for all this. When I played football the coach always had different plays for each game. He would say "He didn't want to seem to be one dimentionable" I agree with all of you it's time for a whole new ballgame, from the players on the field all the way up to the top. But how do you convince MB of that? Unfortuneatly I  guess we just have to realize that's the way it is!
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 11:03 AM)Wyche Wrote: I made a comment in the gameday thread.....notice all of the traffic in the middle of the field created by opposing defenses, makes it hard to get people open.....then watch the GAPING hole in the middle of our defense.

Not being very educated on how coverages work, I often wonder who is supposed to be there, and where did they go?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 04:47 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Not being very educated on how coverages work, I often wonder who is supposed to be there, and where did they go?

Eiffert and IR. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 05:39 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Eiffert and IR. Mellow

Opposite side of the ball.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 06:02 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Opposite side of the ball.

We play a lot of cover 2 and Tampa 2 zones, which cover the edges quite nicely, but are very vulnerable down the middle if a receiver can clear out the MLB.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote