Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Good to see Eifert not on PUP
There were a lot of guys here saying that there was no way he would be ready for training camp. If we didn't have him our TE corps would be a major concern.

I predict he will have be a major part of our offense this year, and i am thrilled to see that he is not on the PUP list.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2015, 12:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There were a lot of guys here saying that there was no way he would be ready for training camp.  If we didn't have him our TE corps would be a major concern.

I predict he will have be a major part of our offense this year, and i am thrilled to see that he is not on the PUP list.

Never saw anything to suggest he would be on the PUP list. Everyone has said all along he would be full-go for training camp.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2015, 12:54 PM)Joe Pong Wrote: Never saw anything to suggest he would be on the PUP list. Everyone has said all along he would be full-go for training camp.

There was a story a few weeks ago where he said that he could not swing a golf club 100% yet.  Many people claimed thios proved he would not be ready in time for training camp.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2015, 12:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There was a story a few weeks ago where he said that he could not swing a golf club 100% yet.  Many people claimed thios proved he would not be ready in time for training camp.

I think there is just a general concern now with Eifert that he may possibly get injured.

There is also a lot of doubt in the training staffs concept of time in their recovery programs after last year.

People on here will claim Eifert will start on PUP, Marvin Jones will be injured by the end of TC, and Vontaze Burfict will never play football again... There isn't much faith in the medical staff currently.

I'm not so pessimistic! Hoping Eifert stays healthy and proves he is a top 5 TE waiting to happen ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(08-01-2015, 01:59 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I think there is just a general concern now with Eifert that he may possibly get injured.

There is also a lot of doubt in the training staffs concept of time in their recovery programs after last year.

People on here will claim Eifert will start on PUP, Marvin Jones will be injured by the end of TC, and Vontaze Burfict will never play football again... There isn't much faith in the medical staff currently.

And they all ignore how well Hall recovered from his ruptured achilles and the fact that Boling was coming off ACL surgery last year and played very well.

Whitworth has played some of the best football of his career after his knee problems in 2012.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2015, 02:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: And they all ignore how well Hall recovered from his ruptured achilles and the fact that Boling was coming off ACL surgery last year and played very well.

Whitworth has played some of the best football of his career after his knee problems in 2012.

With Hall they will bring up how it was the SECOND time, so a third is bound to happen :snark:

And he didn't play his best season last year so people will point to that as well.

Same thing with Atkins... He didn't mirror his amazing season so people say he will never recover fully lol
Reply/Quote
Reporters just gushing about Eifert's play again this year. If that man can stay healthy it will be huge. And the truth is we will be hurting without him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2015, 08:18 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Reporters just gushing about Eifert's play again this year. If that man can stay healthy it will be huge. And the truth is we will be hurting without him.

When he got hurt last year he was on pace for 192 catches for 2368 yards.

It is not very realistic to expect him to hit those marks this year, but I would be happy with 150 for 1800.
Reply/Quote
Eifert will be the second best TE in the league this year behind Gronk. Will also make his first pro bowl. If he stays healthy along with AJ, our offense should purr.
Reply/Quote
Really glad to hear he is 100%. I'm dying to see what he can do on the field.
Reply/Quote
Eifert was never going to start on PUP - when we caught up to him in OTAs he could only run routes and catch passes because his shoulder hadn't been cleared for full contact - but that was just a matter of time.

He does look really good. Honestly, coming from GB, he's the type of TE they like up there to go with Rodgers. Big, fast, he runs cleanly, catches the ball. Paul Dehner, Jr. and I were asked on our Periscope today if he was "injury prone." - I tend to think not, but only because I don't think you can help the freak, nasty injury (i.e. broken elbow). But he does look good. Pads start coming on Sunday - full pads Mon. We'll know more soon!
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
Give it time.
Reply/Quote
If you guys actually think Eifert will give you anything more than average production then I have a bridge to sell ya.

I'd be shocked if he has more than 30 catches this season. He's simply not that good and he's soft as Charmin. Pro bowl? lol. Make it stop. Yeah, he's gonna be an All Pro even though he never has done jack. Give me a break.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2015, 10:55 PM)whodey4life84 Wrote: Eifert will be the second best TE in the league this year behind Gronk. Will also make his first pro bowl. If he stays healthy along with AJ, our offense should purr.

That's optimistic, to be sure.  But, 2nd best?  Are you forgetting about Jimmy Graham?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2015, 09:58 AM)kramer1 Wrote: If you guys actually think Eifert will give you anything more than average production then I have a bridge to sell ya.

I'd be shocked if he has more than 30 catches this season. He's simply not that good and he's soft as Charmin. Pro bowl? lol. Make it stop. Yeah, he's gonna be an All Pro even though he never has done jack. Give me a break.

Eifert had 39 catches in 2013 when he was our second option at TE behind Gresham.

Randon troll is boring.

Yawn
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2015, 12:36 AM)jowczarski Wrote: Eifert was never going to start on PUP - when we caught up to him in OTAs he could only run routes and catch passes because his shoulder hadn't been cleared for full contact - but that was just a matter of time.

He does look really good. Honestly, coming from GB, he's the type of TE they like up there to go with Rodgers. Big, fast, he runs cleanly, catches the ball. Paul Dehner, Jr. and I were asked on our Periscope today if he was "injury prone." - I tend to think not, but only because I don't think you can help the freak, nasty injury (i.e. broken elbow). But he does look good. Pads start coming on Sunday - full pads Mon. We'll know more soon!

Could you give us an update on Eifert's blocking once the pads go on? I have no doubt he can be a stud receiving TE, my concern is can he be a complete TE and block as well as he can catch?

I would also be interested to see who you feel is the best blocking TE in our group as the pads come on as again, my concern is our offense needs a stud blocking TE to hold our own against the huge 3-4 OL's in the AFCN.

I appreciate and look forward to your thoughts as you give us a prospective with experience covering the Packers who we know do it right and know how to win big games.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2015, 12:36 AM)jowczarski Wrote: Eifert was never going to start on PUP - when we caught up to him in OTAs he could only run routes and catch passes because his shoulder hadn't been cleared for full contact - but that was just a matter of time.

It's great to hear that he's looking really good. If Eifert can stay relatively healthy all year, I think we'll see a big season from him. 
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2015, 09:58 AM)kramer1 Wrote: If you guys actually think Eifert will give you anything more than average production then I have a bridge to sell ya.

:troll:
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2015, 12:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: There were a lot of guys here saying that there was no way he would be ready for training camp.  If we didn't have him our TE corps would be a major concern.

In Spring Camps, Eifert said he felt 100 % again......so these guys on here must not have read that.......YES, it will be great to have Eifert back. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

Hey Gresh !!
How's AZ treating you ?
Tongue
Reply/Quote