Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodbye, Mr. Wedgebuster..
Today, it is with a heavy heart that we announce the death of the most selfless position on any football squad, the wedgebuster. Since the dawn of the game, you have sacrificed your body so that your much more athletic friends can have the glory of getting the tackle. You only had one talent, but made the most of it, the ability to run in a straight line and hurl your body into your opponents, simply to make a contribution to the team.

We all remember you, urging the offense to score again, when up 63-0, just so you could have one more chance to get on the field. You were so proud that you earned a spot on the HS team, that you wore your helmet around town for a solid week. Yes, we salute you, Mr. Wedgebuster. You will be remembered fondly.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-kickoffs-will-be-undergoing-these-major-rule-changes-for-2018/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
So, no love for the wedgebuster? I can't believe this. Certainly, many of you no-talent mf'ers can relate to the wedgebuster.

I, for one, am devastated. Not only is my friend out of a job, but the kickoff is going to turn into quite a circus. No longer will the return team be able to stonewall the kicking team at the start of their run, no longer will the return man be able to have men teaming together to give him better blocking, forcing all of the "upmen" to stay within 15 yards of the ball, the kickoff has been officially neutered.

So, as we say grace over the beloved wedgebuster, we also sort of pay tribute to the kickoff as we knew it..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Oh no there's lots of luv !

I can't really even imagine what the new KO is gonna look like ? But I'd say I'll hate it ! I don't at all like the way the NFL is headed.
Reply/Quote
I'm all for player safety, especially protecting against concussions. That said, it is so sad to see what has happened to kickoffs. One of the most exciting plays of the game has been ruined over the course of 10 years.
Reply/Quote
Wedgebuster once bet the MLB a keg of beer, that he couldn't sack/strip/and return for TD, just so he could get on the field again before halftime.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote