Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodbye playoffs
The playoff ship sailed long ago on my book.

Earning our way on anyway.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 06:14 PM)Trademark Wrote: What little chance we had at the playoffs has officially disappeared. The Steelers beat the Bills and there is no way they will lose out because even if they lost to us and the Ravens they play the Browns their last game of the season, hello off season

Bah Humbug Grinch.......I loved win over Browns......And I would love a win over Steelers.......NO QUIT......Keep Winning Bengals
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Updated playoff scenario. Bengals win out Colts lose 1 Texans lose 1 besides us or Titans lose 2 Dolphins lose 2 Bills lose 1 Ravens lose 2 besides us and Broncos lose all 3. It could happen. Honestly most unrealistic part is us winning out and Broncos will be favored week 17 against Raiders Dolphins just lost their starting QB
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 12:05 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Updated playoff scenario. Bengals win out Colts lose 1 Texans lose 1 besides us  or Titans lose 2 Dolphins lose 2 Bills lose 1 Ravens lose 2 besides us and Broncos lose all 3. It could happen. Honestly most unrealistic  part is us winning out and Broncos will be favored week 17 against Raiders Dolphins just lost their starting QB

Dolphins must lose out or go 0-2-1.
Reply/Quote
I will never understand this "don't deserve to go" crap. You are what your record says you are, and if they rise up and finish 8-7-1, they will be in the hunt. Overcoming the schedule rectal, the kicker, the injuries, the Ced O, the suspension, etc. and finishing 8-7-1 would be impressive to say the least.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 10:10 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Sad but true. This may sound like a d*&k head thing to say but does anyone really want to see this team in the playoffs anyway? fan of 40 years so of course i want my team to win it all every year but this team will just look pathetic in the playoffs this year. Right now it just comes down to evaluating some of the backups/younger players and get as high a pick as you can. But of course nobody will say that.

If we somehow reached the playoffs by winning out, I wouldn't count them out at all.  You get hot at the right time and who knows?  Remember the 9-7 2011 Giants who beat the Patriots?  The Redskins and Bills games really screwed us bad.  Flip those 2 and we'd be in much better shape.

I'm not sure if this team is getting better or the others (Eagles & Browns) are getting worse.  We'll know for sure next week how far we've come.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
If we win out and get help to make it in, we stand a great chance at winning our first playoff game. If you flip a quarter 8 times, it will only land on the same side 0.39% of the time! About time we got the other side (a win).

With that said, maybe next year :)
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 09:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I will never understand this "don't deserve to go" crap.  You are what your record says you are, and if they rise up and finish 8-7-1, they will be in the hunt.  Overcoming the schedule rectal, the kicker, the injuries, the Ced O, the suspension, etc. and finishing 8-7-1 would be impressive to say the least.

Well said.  I wouldn't care if we went 7-8-1 and somehow qualified.  Gimme that playoff game and extend the season a week if nothing else.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I can't imagine us winning a playoff game with this team vs. last year's team, too bad Andy wasn't healthy. It would be kind of hilarious to win a playoff game this year.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2016, 09:42 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I will never understand this "don't deserve to go" crap.  You are what your record says you are, and if they rise up and finish 8-7-1, they will be in the hunt.  Overcoming the schedule rectal, the kicker, the injuries, the Ced O, the suspension, etc. and finishing 8-7-1 would be impressive to say the least.

Damn rights brother, damn rights.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 07:02 PM)wildcats forever Wrote: I think not only do we, the fans deserve to see us in the playoffs, so do the players. It's the front office and staff that don't deserve it.

Well said.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2016, 06:16 PM)treee Wrote: They could easily still lose out.

Define easy please.

Reply/Quote
It's still just a game, win, lose or tie and will likely be entertaining which is the reason I bother in the first place.
Even when they lose badly and our QB gets sacked multiple times in the last 2 minutes of the game nobody can say it's not entertaining.
Just think of the entertainment value of Nugent missing easy xps.. We won't even have that to laugh about..damned! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2016, 06:22 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: I can't imagine us winning a playoff game with this team vs. last year's team, too bad Andy wasn't healthy. It would be kind of hilarious to win a playoff game this year.

I fully agree. I would be astounded if THIS season, as much of a train wreck as it has been, they actually somehow squeak through into the playoffs, and get that highly coveted playoff win. At that point, I personally won't give 2 shats about how the regular season panned out. If you're in, you're in. That's all that matters. Make it to the playoffs and it's a fresh slate and we're rooting for Who Dey Nation to bring home the Lombardi!
Reply/Quote