Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodell asked Chad Johnson for advice on new celebration rules
(05-31-2017, 09:29 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I hope Chad told Goodell to pull the pin on a grenade and shove it up his arse.  You will never get help from our guys, you assbag.

He really is an assbag. The way he acted at this past draft was disgraceful. That's when I realized that he really has turned into Vince McMahon.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2017, 02:07 PM)Quantum Bengal Wrote: Chad is the expert when it comes to celebrations... Just makes sense he'd be part of the process

Let's not go overboard.  Chad's celebrations were fun...initially.  After a while it got old, he put too much emphasis on them.  It got to be a point where he was trying to outdo himself every time he scored.  I'm sure that's why Marvin got tired of it, because it was taking away his focus on the more important stuff.

Riverdance = good.  Sending Pepto Bismo, wearing a gold HOF jacket and proposing to a cheerleader were just corny...no, stupid!  It was nothing more than promoting Chad and the media clowns bought right into it which made him/it worse.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Riverdance was the best one.

Reply/Quote
(05-31-2017, 12:19 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Let's not go overboard.  Chad's celebrations were fun...initially.  After a while it got old, he put too much emphasis on them.  It got to be a point where he was trying to outdo himself every time he scored.  I'm sure that's why Marvin got tired of it, because it was taking away his focus on the more important stuff.

Riverdance = good.  Sending Pepto Bismo, wearing a gold HOF jacket and proposing to a cheerleader were just corny...no, stupid!  It was nothing more than promoting Chad and the media clowns bought right into it which made him/it worse.

So do you think Chad was skipping film study to plot celebrations? Players aren't robots and have plenty of down time for such things, so I'm not sure why people act like a 10 second celebration (that he probably thought about for 10 minutes all week) was somehow taking his focus off of practice/plays etc. He's said in interviews that he constantly called Marv and Brat at all hours of the day and night to discuss plays and the gameplan. I don't doubt his dedication or focus at all.

If he was giving half effort in anything, he wouldn't have been able to get in the end zone all those times to celebrate in the first place.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2017, 12:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: So do you think Chad was skipping film study to plot celebrations? Players aren't robots and have plenty of down time for such things, so I'm not sure why people act like a 10 second celebration (that he probably thought about for 10 minutes all week) was somehow taking his focus off of practice/plays etc. He's said in interviews that he constantly called Marv and Brat at all hours of the day and night to discuss plays and the gameplan. I don't doubt his dedication or focus at all.

If he was giving half effort in anything, he wouldn't have been able to get in the end zone all those times to celebrate in the first place.

10 minutes spent on his celebration was too much IMO - has nothing to do with the amount of time but the focus.  I'm not a No Fun League (NFL) person but it got old.  Again, my opinion but Chad became a self appointed entertainer more than a football player.  He was always creating some gimmick to bring attention his way.  Eventually it got really bad when he helped convince the organization to bring in Terrell Owens.  At that point we had 2 clowns on the roster and the wheels feel completely off.  That's why at the end of the 2010 season both Carson and Marvin had seen enough.  It was no longer a professional organization.  Like it or not Chad was the genesis point of that downfall.

A great player/talent but a terrible example for teammates.  Compare him to AJ and you get the complete opposite.  Guarantee Chad would have had an even better career had he devoted his idle time to football rather than entertainment and McDonald's cheeseburgers.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2017, 02:48 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: 10 minutes spent on his celebration was too much IMO - has nothing to do with the amount of time but the focus.  I'm not a No Fun League (NFL) person but it got old.  Again, my opinion but Chad became a self appointed entertainer more than a football player.  He was always creating some gimmick to bring attention his way.  Eventually it got really bad when he helped convince the organization to bring in Terrell Owens.  At that point we had 2 clowns on the roster and the wheels feel completely off.  That's why at the end of the 2010 season both Carson and Marvin had seen enough.  It was no longer a professional organization.  Like it or not Chad was the genesis point of that downfall.

A great player/talent but a terrible example for teammates.  Compare him to AJ and you get the complete opposite.  Guarantee Chad would have had an even better career had he devoted his idle time to football rather than entertainment and McDonald's cheeseburgers.

Carson and Marvin both wanted out because Mike Brown refused to make changes they felt were cost-of-entry for running a professional franchise in the NFL, not because of Chad and/or TO.  I figured 6 years without a playoff win and a legit 6-win season post-Chad and TO would have opened people's eyes to the notion that 2 WRs who haven't been on the team for years weren't the reason the Bengals couldn't get it done, but nope.

26 years of Mike Brown and no legit success.  Maybe if it were 50 years we wouldn't bother blaming a WR who played 14 games here. 
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2017, 12:19 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: Let's not go overboard.  Chad's celebrations were fun...initially.  After a while it got old, he put too much emphasis on them.  It got to be a point where he was trying to outdo himself every time he scored.  I'm sure that's why Marvin got tired of it, because it was taking away his focus on the more important stuff.

Sending the Browns Pepto was priceless!!!!
Reply/Quote
I didn't read thru the whole thread so I apologize if it's been brought up but, unless I'm remembering wrong, didn't ol' Rog take some of Chad's money on more than one occasion for celebrating?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2017, 06:47 PM)McC Wrote: I didn't read thru the whole thread so I apologize if it's been brought up but, unless I'm remembering wrong, didn't ol' Rog take some of Chad's money on more than one occasion for celebrating?

Yes he did. Douchebag!

Chad also got fined for wearing pink for breast cancer awareness. Now the NFL celebrates it and wearing pink is a staple. They can thank Chad for that. Again, Douchebags! I bet Chad said, "give me back my money!"

Reply/Quote