Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Goodell calls Trump's comments "divisive"
The comment that Goodell (and many players) took issue with was this:

Quote:"Wouldn't you love to see one of these NFL owners, when somebody disrespects our flag, say, 'Get that son of a b---- off the field right now? Out. He's fired. He's fired!'" Trump said.

Trump's comments came during a rally in Huntsville, Ala., and immediately earned condemnation from players across the league.

Talk about irony. Trump taking issue with the divisive actions of players is divisive. Facepalm

All of this while Goodell can't talk any teams into signing Kaepernick. If he's even trying. The level of phony is astounding.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Kaepernick isn't even on a team. What the hell else do people want?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I found it funny when he suggested people leave the stadium over the whole thing. Drop a couple of hundred dollars to get in. Look for people possibly kneeling during the anthem (instead of looking at the flag during the anthem mind you), and then leave. All the while, Trump is strutting around the stage like the Nature Boy Ric Flair seeking applause... F'n simpleton.

Not to mention he ran on the idea that America has gone to shit. "American carrnage" he called it at his inauguration. When someone else suggests that all is not well here, they are sons of b***chs. Self awareness isn't his strongest attribute.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Trumps comments were not divisive in the slightest. He just stated what the majority of people believe.... this is exactly why the NFL ratings were down last year. No one wants their sports infused with politics.

The only reason the NFL doesn't just drop the hammer on these guys is hey are afraid of the SJW media blowback and frankly do not want to deal with the crying.

Trump has been a professional football owner and he knows what these guys are saying behind closed doors. Exactly what we all say.
Always nice when the sitting POTUS goes to a political rally and singles out an citizen for exercising their rights.

Especially when he refers tot he as an SOB.

MAGA...amiright?

Whatever

Now, if Kaepernick just got a permit he could be considered one of the "many good people" in Trump's eyes.  I'm sure.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Did really the POTUS used the term Son of B.... ?

While there were some nice guys in Charlotesville ?

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

(09-23-2017, 05:10 PM)GMDino Wrote:

They've all ripped the POTUS before his recent comments aimed back at them?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.

You forgot Rocket Man
(09-23-2017, 06:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: They've all ripped the POTUS before his recent comments aimed back at them?

Anyone can rip trump but if he even fires back a little. Then it's just wrong. How quickly everyone forgets how obama spent his 8 years slamming police and white people every chance he got.

All these owners who are out releasing statements against trump ..... none of them are signing kaepernick. Actions speak louder have statements put out by the press office.
(09-23-2017, 04:47 PM)GMDino Wrote: Always nice when the sitting POTUS goes to a political rally and singles out an citizen for exercising their rights.

Especially when he refers tot he as an SOB.

MAGA...amiright?

Whatever

Now, if Kaepernick just got a permit he could be considered one of the "many good people" in Trump's eyes.  I'm sure.   Mellow

If kaepernick wants to take a knee during the national anthem he can buy a ticket like every other person not employed by the NFL
(09-23-2017, 06:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: They've all ripped the POTUS before his recent comments aimed back at them?

Someone wrote that Trump shouldn't have allowed his beautiful daughter to marry a Jew and he never said a word.

Next...

LOL. Yep it's official, Trump hates black people.
(09-23-2017, 06:52 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Anyone can rip trump but if he even fires back a little. Then it's just wrong.    How quickly everyone forgets how obama spent his 8 years slamming police and white people every chance he got.  

Citation or that's purely hyperbole and Joe Friday will come in and tell you all about it.

Next.....
(09-23-2017, 06:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If kaepernick wants to take a knee during the national anthem he can buy a ticket like every other person not employed by the NFL

Or he can do it because he has a right to.

Welcome to America.
Trump only says these kinds of things to appease his base....and his base eats it the **** up. Simple people get amped about it, because these are the kind of things that he does to "make America great again". Nothing actually presidential, just a bunch of jabs at people that the right already has a problem with.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-23-2017, 07:51 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Trump only says these kinds of things to appease his base....and his base eats it the **** up. Simple people get amped about it, because these are the kind of things that he does to "make America great again". Nothing actually presidential, just a bunch of jabs at people that the right already has a problem with.

I actually agree that he says stuff like this to rally support from his base.

I just found it pathetic that ol' Rog is so fearful of backlash from the left that he called Trump's comment "divisive" when his players kneeling and throwing up black power signs is what's causing all of this talk in the first place. And none of the talk is productive. It's just causing people to hate each other.

Can anyone tell me how all these protests are making the US better? It seems to me that all the division came from BLM and the protests, and is now conveniently being blamed on Trump. This stuff was just as bad when Obama was still in office.
(09-23-2017, 08:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I actually agree that he says stuff like this to rally support from his base.

I just found it pathetic that ol' Rog is so fearful of backlash from the left that he called Trump's comment "divisive" when his players kneeling and throwing up black power signs is what's causing all of this talk in the first place. And none of the talk is productive. It's just causing people to hate each other.

Can anyone tell me how all these protests are making the US better? It seems to me that all the division came from BLM and the protests, and is now conveniently being blamed on Trump. This stuff was just as bad when Obama was still in office.

Can both things not be divisive? What about the actions being protested? Those protesting would explain to you that the division was being caused by those things they are protesting against.
Apart from the whole never ending protest/kneeling/CK back and forth...am I the only one who wishes that both Trump and Goodell would just STFU and go the hell away? Nervous