Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Goodell is (still) an idiot
Everyone sees how crappy the refs were in the AFCC game with terrible calls/no calls going against Cincinnati and this clown spews out this BS…

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35617448/roger-goodell-defends-nfl-officiating-never-better
Reply/Quote
[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952pmxxo4aprwo4sftlfob...w.gif&ct=g]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Of course. They're doing exactly what he tells them to.
Reply/Quote
Nothing quite like a league closing in on having a $20b revenue year still not having full time refs.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
We expect him to deny it, the real question is why is this even a story? Why is this an article unless it's an actual issue. People know.
Reply/Quote
He had to say this because of how bad the truth would have sounded.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
So, it's now officially the WWNFL?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
What I got from this article (which I posted elsewhere) was this comment from Dan Blandino. I hadn't seen this before this ESPN article:

"Later in the AFC Championship Game, there was another controversial call when Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow was whistled for intentional grounding on Cincinnati's final possession, a costly penalty that backed the Bengals up to their own 10-yard line with 1:27 remaining. Former vice president of officiating for the NFL and current Fox Sports rules analyst Dean Blandino said afterward it was an incorrect call because Chiefs defensive lineman Chris Jones hit Burrow as he threw the ball.

"If the quarterback starts his throwing motion, which the hand coming forward with the ball starts that motion, and then he's contacted by a defender, which impacts that motion, then you are not to call intentional grounding," Blandino said in a Twitter video posted by The 33rd Team."
Reply/Quote
He's not the Idiot. The folks that give him that much power are.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
What else is new?
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 08:46 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Everyone sees how crappy the refs were in the AFCC game with terrible calls/no calls going against Cincinnati and this clown spews out this BS…

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35617448/roger-goodell-defends-nfl-officiating-never-better

Goodell Bot is doing what he was programmed for.
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2023, 08:46 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Everyone sees how crappy the refs were in the AFCC game with terrible calls/no calls going against Cincinnati and this clown spews out this BS…

Still? The guy should have been terminated as commissioner the second he gave Ray Rice an initial 2 game suspension for knocking the s___t out of his wife. But good ol' Roger didn't want to jeopardize his golf game with his good buddy who owned the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2023, 12:00 PM)Nepa Wrote: What I got from this article (which I posted elsewhere) was this comment from Dan Blandino. I hadn't seen this before this ESPN article:

"Later in the AFC Championship Game, there was another controversial call when Cincinnati Bengals quarterback Joe Burrow was whistled for intentional grounding on Cincinnati's final possession, a costly penalty that backed the Bengals up to their own 10-yard line with 1:27 remaining. Former vice president of officiating for the NFL and current Fox Sports rules analyst Dean Blandino said afterward it was an incorrect call because Chiefs defensive lineman Chris Jones hit Burrow as he threw the ball.

"If the quarterback starts his throwing motion, which the hand coming forward with the ball starts that motion, and then he's contacted by a defender, which impacts that motion, then you are not to call intentional grounding," Blandino said in a Twitter video posted by The 33rd Team."

It also wasn't intentional grounding because the running back was right there. Mahomes did the exact same thing on the next series and was not flagged.
Reply/Quote
Roger Goodell used to be a coffee boy for my uncle. 
Reply/Quote
(02-09-2023, 02:31 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Goodell Bot is doing what he was programmed for.

yep, screw Roger..just get a ChatGPT AI bot to do his job
Reply/Quote
Goodell is mot simply an idiot. He’s corrupt, thin skinned, and petty. Which will make him handing the Lombardi to us next year even sweeter.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
I'm sure Goodell is relieved that nobody is talking about officiating on the greatest stage on TV right now. Twitter is totally silent too.
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 12:24 AM)phil413 Wrote: I'm sure Goodell is relieved that nobody is talking about officiating on the greatest stage on TV right now. Twitter is totally silent too.

He’s too busy talking to mrs Kelce and Damar Hamlin in the stands
Reply/Quote
:lol:

Fix your league, Roger.

Reply/Quote
(02-13-2023, 12:24 AM)phil413 Wrote: I'm sure Goodell is relieved that nobody is talking about officiating on the greatest stage on TV right now.  Twitter is totally silent too.

Good one. 

No need for full time officials. Just let the middle school principals and insurance salesmen call these Billion-dollar games. 
Reply/Quote