Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So is this you also?
(06-06-2019, 11:05 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I thought it was a picture of hollodero "The Butcher" at a recent family backyard BBQ??

Nah, we do those with shrimps.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I grew up with quite the opposite mindset of blind consumerism with parents born during the depression.. My mother once made me walk back to the corner store (about a mile away) to return a piece of chewed gum I'd bought after she'd sent me to buy 99 cents worth of groceries.. Yes kids..I had to hand over a piece of penny gum to the store clerk who was in cahoots with my mom over that kind of shit.. Believe me when I say I chewed the shit out of that gum on the way back..
That single piece of gum is probably why I don't have any teeth left to this day..
I'm still living with the same blind frugality to this day in the form of fking MILK DAMMIT! 

Just yesterday I bought some Fiskars yard clippers and the first thing my wife started to do the moment we get home was to start an internet search for yard clippers so I could return the clippers I bought ..I'll say it again..some people would spend a fortune on gas (and stand in line for three hours) to return an item to save a nickel..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-28-2019, 04:56 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Every time you leave your house, you come back at least $100 poorer? Makes a man just want to stay home!

In the immortal words of Henny Youngman.. "Take my wife..please.."
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 08:05 PM)grampahol Wrote: I grew up with quite the opposite mindset of blind consumerism with parents born during the depression.. My mother once made me walk back to the corner store (about a mile away) to return a piece of chewed gum I'd bought after she'd sent me to buy 99 cents worth of groceries.. Yes kids..I had to hand over a piece of penny gum to the store clerk who was in cahoots with my mom over that kind of shit.. Believe me when I say I chewed the shit out of that gum on the way back..
That single piece of gum is probably why I don't have any teeth left to this day..
I'm still living with the same blind frugality to this day in the form of fking MILK DAMMIT! 

Just yesterday I bought some Fiskars yard clippers and the first thing my wife started to do the moment we get home was to start an internet search for yard clippers so I could return the clippers I bought ..I'll say it again..some people would spend a fortune on gas (and stand in line for three hours) to return an item to save a nickel..

At least you got to go a grocery store! Lol I grew up on a farm and we had nothing pretty much, but we grew our own food and meat. Till this day I cannot stand canned vegetables. 
Reply/Quote