Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google Stadia To shut Down
It appears there are many reports Google will Shut Down Stadia and its services on 1/18/23 and will refund any purchases made for Hardware or Software

https://www.ign.com/articles/google-is-shutting-down-stadia-its-cloud-gaming-service?scrlybrkr=20a9ff1c

Its tough to get into the Gaming Market especially The Console Market. They had an interesting Idea... Just maybe too soon.
Reply/Quote
Pretty sure they tried to get stadia off the ground around the same time they were trying to make a huge optical fiber push around the country. In short, they failed to break in to very many markets with their fiber due being hamstrung by established ISPs. The consequence from that would be that there were significantly less internet connections that could handle the Stadia model than they anticipated. I'm just spitballing here I could be completely wrong but that's my guess.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-29-2022, 02:02 PM)treee Wrote: Pretty sure they tried to get stadia off the ground around the same time they were trying to make a huge optical fiber push around the country. In short, they failed to break in to very many markets with their fiber due being hamstrung by established ISPs. The consequence from that would be that there were significantly less internet connections that could handle the Stadia model than they anticipated. I'm just spitballing here I could be completely wrong but that's my guess.

You are likely Right... While some countries Internet Infrastructure could probly handle this much better.. 

High speed internet required to stream at high quality just isnt widely available everywhere or affordable either.  

Its interesting that they are refunding everything...   I know the games that were slated to be Stadia Exclusive show'd up at the Xbox Showcase this past summer.   So at least not everything was lost.

I was thinking about picking one up to play Baldur's Gate 3  as im getting tired of waiting for it lol.. But looks like ill just wait longer
Reply/Quote