Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Got a xmas present..pretty cool..
Little late because of shipping delays and such, but I don't mind..\
Woodpecker's Rip Flip.. Pretty handy gizmo for a Sawstop table saw that allows extremely accurate  preset distances to and from the rip fence as well as allows you to use only a flat ground ripping blade to make very accurate dado cuts.. For most casual table saw users it's no big deal, but I have a lot of uses for this thing since I often make the same cuts over and over on jobs making cabinets and cabinet doors..The time savings alone make it a no brainer for me..
Anyway, I had mentioned wanting this thing at some point earlier last year and the Mrs went ahead and bought one for me.. 
Getting the ol saw set up for production now a lot more than it was just a few months ago..  ThumbsUp Last month I grabbed an Incra miter gauge for less than half price which is unbelievably dead on accurate and now this.. Now if I could only learn to count. Mellow
[Image: rip-flip_ss_01.jpg]

https://www.woodpeck.com/rip-flip-fence.html
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Being able to make a little cash at something that you enjoy is a blessing.

Keep busy.  But don't take on so much that it becomes stressful.

The only time my wife ever bought me a tool it came with a "to do list" attached. Your Mrs. might be out drumming up business to pay for your ripper-flipper.
Reply/Quote
Nice piece of equipment gramps. Your wife is a pretty thoughtful lady!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
One thing this gizmo excels at is deadly accurate dado cuts.. I don't really even need a dado stack anymore, just a good ripping blade. I had to cut a bunch of 12mm dado's for foreign made plywood.. Absolutely perfect every time. Anyone who's ever had to fool around trying to dial in a dado stack knows how many blade changes you have to do to get it right.. That's eliminated right off the bat.. Nice piece of equipment to have.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 01:21 PM)grampahol Wrote: One thing this gizmo excels at is deadly accurate dado cuts.. I don't really even need a dado stack anymore, just a good ripping blade. I had to cut a bunch of 12mm dado's for foreign made plywood.. Absolutely perfect every time. Anyone who's ever had to fool around trying to dial in a dado stack knows how many blade changes you have to do to get it right.. That's eliminated right off the bat.. Nice piece of equipment to have.. 

Hey gramps, do you make coffee and end tables?  My wife has been screaming at me to get a new set.  I might be able to put your butt to work.  If you don't, learn how you slacker!

Hilarious Hilarious
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 02:02 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Nice piece of equipment gramps.  Your wife is a pretty thoughtful lady!

Did you just call his wife a "nice piece of equipment"?
Reply/Quote