Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grade This Mock
Did another mock tonight so tell me what you think.  I need to start doing 12-team mocks because the league that matters is 10-team but my other three leagues are 12-team (may be getting in more).

I attached a picture so you can see who was available (I picked in the 5 spot because I'm trying to be prepared for everything).

1.  Antonio Brown- I was leaning towards OBJ because I think he'll light-it-up to prove that he's worth the mega-deal he wants, but Brown's so good and will be even better with Bryant back opposite of him keeping safeties honest.  I also think Ben lights-it-up since he's been hinting that this is his last year.

2.  Jordan Howard- tore-it-up last year with 1,313 yards, caught 29 passes for a 10 yard average, and scored 7 touchdowns, even though he didn't start until mid-game in week 4.  Very underrated value pick, IMCO.

3.  Brandin Cooks- Tom Brady's new weapon and, even though he won't be Randy Moss good, he's a deep threat which Brady doesn't normally have but loves.

4.  Joe Mixon- he's impressing in camp and I think he's in for a big year.  He can take any run to the house and can also catch it out of the backfield.  Hill could vulture some touchdowns, but I think Hill gets cut if Mixon has a strong preseason and Gio proves healthy.

5.  Davante Adams- Rogers is his QB and loves to spread it around.  He could flirt with a thousand yards and get double-digit touchdowns easy.

6.  Matt Ryan- I've been selecting Derek Carr in my drafts but figured I'd switch-it-up.  Unreal last year with 4,944 yards, 38 touchdowns and only seven interceptions and, while he likely won't have that big of a year again, he has all his weapons back and should put up good numbers.

7.  Jamison Crowder- kind of panicked here but Reed and Crowder have been Cousins' favorite target this offseason, which everyone expected it to be Pryor, so this could be great value.

8.  Martellus Bennet- Rogers loves his tight ends, especially in the cold, and even more especially in the red zone.  I have Adams, too, but Rogers loves to throw it around, so there should be plenty of targets.

9.  Eddie Lacy- I wanted Prosise because I think he'll eventually take over for Lacy and figured I could get them both but Prosise went earlier than I expected.

10.  DeSean Jackson- Winston is underrated and Jackson should put up solid numbers with him.

11.  Gostowski- kickers aren't real people and I pulled the trigger a bit early, but figured I want consistency.  

12.  Houston D- wasn't big on this pick, but a lot of sites have them ranked high.

13.  John Ross- I think AJ drawing safeties could open up Ross for a few big plays a game.  Speed kills.

14.  OJ Howard- he could surprise and have a big year.

15.  Andy Dalton- a steal this late if our line can give him some time.  Double-dipping with Ross could pay off big.  Then again, having Andy, Ross, and Mixon could cause problems if our line struggles.

Thoughts?  Changes you would have made?

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
I see myself having a bengals bias a little bit when I draft. Towards the end of the draft I always pick up players I think could possibly have huge upside, so I'll take people like Ross or OJ Howard. I think Andy is going to have a great year, so he's usually my last round pick. It's hard because I know AJ, Ross, Mixon, and Andy aren't all going to have amazing numbers every week, but they all have so much upside that it's hard to not choose all of them! It's not a bad draft, I can't believe Brown fell to 5. I also always get screwed over by my kickers so I have no problem being the first person to grab my a kicker in Justin Tucker. I usually save Defense until the last or almost last pick because statistically the defenses that were "elite" last year will not have the same fantasy showing.
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2017, 12:32 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Did another mock tonight so tell me what you think.  I need to start doing 12-team mocks because the league that matters is 10-team but my other three leagues are 12-team (may be getting in more).

I attached a picture so you can see who was available (I picked in the 5 spot because I'm trying to be prepared for everything).

1.  Antonio Brown- I was leaning towards OBJ because I think he'll light-it-up to prove that he's worth the mega-deal he wants, but Brown's so good and will be even better with Bryant back opposite of him keeping safeties honest.  I also think Ben lights-it-up since he's been hinting that this is his last year.

2.  Jordan Howard- tore-it-up last year with 1,313 yards, caught 29 passes for a 10 yard average, and scored 7 touchdowns, even though he didn't start until mid-game in week 4.  Very underrated value pick, IMCO.

3.  Brandin Cooks- Tom Brady's new weapon and, even though he won't be Randy Moss good, he's a deep threat which Brady doesn't normally have but loves.

4.  Joe Mixon- he's impressing in camp and I think he's in for a big year.  He can take any run to the house and can also catch it out of the backfield.  Hill could vulture some touchdowns, but I think Hill gets cut if Mixon has a strong preseason and Gio proves healthy.

5.  Davante Adams- Rogers is his QB and loves to spread it around.  He could flirt with a thousand yards and get double-digit touchdowns easy.

6.  Matt Ryan- I've been selecting Derek Carr in my drafts but figured I'd switch-it-up.  Unreal last year with 4,944 yards, 38 touchdowns and only seven interceptions and, while he likely won't have that big of a year again, he has all his weapons back and should put up good numbers.

7.  Jamison Crowder- kind of panicked here but Reed and Crowder have been Cousins' favorite target this offseason, which everyone expected it to be Pryor, so this could be great value.

8.  Martellus Bennet- Rogers loves his tight ends, especially in the cold, and even more especially in the red zone.  I have Adams, too, but Rogers loves to throw it around, so there should be plenty of targets.

9.  Eddie Lacy- I wanted Prosise because I think he'll eventually take over for Lacy and figured I could get them both but Prosise went earlier than I expected.

10.  DeSean Jackson- Winston is underrated and Jackson should put up solid numbers with him.

11.  Gostowski- kickers aren't real people and I pulled the trigger a bit early, but figured I want consistency.  

12.  Houston D- wasn't big on this pick, but a lot of sites have them ranked high.

13.  John Ross- I think AJ drawing safeties could open up Ross for a few big plays a game.  Speed kills.

14.  OJ Howard- he could surprise and have a big year.

15.  Andy Dalton- a steal this late if our line can give him some time.  Double-dipping with Ross could pay off big.  Then again, having Andy, Ross, and Mixon could cause problems if our line struggles.

Thoughts?  Changes you would have made?

You bring up a good point......where are these rookie running backs going?   Two of them that I'm definitely keeping both eyes on are Mixon and McCaffery.   first 4 rounds? 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
It's ok. I don't like Howard as the #1 RB. Sure he had a great year last year but that offense is a mess.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote