Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grade This Mock
I picked sixth in this mock since I know that that's where I'll be picking.

I tried to attached a picture so you can see who was available but it was too big, so go here if you really want to see.  

Please tell me what you think and things you'd do different.

1.  Mike Evans- I think he's poised for an even bigger year than last year with DeSean and OJ drawing coverage off of him.  HIs floor is a top 5 receiver and his ceiling is the best receiver this year, even over Brown.  

I think this is low risk and VERY HIGH reward.

2.  Jordan Howard- I'm second-guessing drafting him now because the Bears lost Jeffrey and their QB play is terrible.  Howard could be good, though.

3.  TY Hilton- Luck's injured.  Stupid pick.  Should have taken Jeffrey, who's having the best offseason of his career.  Should have taken Baldwin.

4.  Tyreek Hill- playing great and outplaying his talent.  Great value and great sleeper.

5.  Joe Mixon- our line worried me but his running style and abilities cured my fears.  He's patient but then explodes through the line.  Hoping we don't give his goal line carries to Hill, but let's hope he can score before that.

6.  Julian Edelman- league is PPR so he'll put up solid points.

7.  Martellus Bennet- tight ends are valuable in Green Bay, especially when it gets cold, and Rogers is getting older so he should use the TE even more.

8.  Peterson- I've seen him with fourth-round value, so this was a steal.  Who knows if he has anything left, but this could be a great pick.  

9.  Winston- with Evans, Jackson, and Howard, I think he has a big year.

10.  Decker- Titans #1 receiver and Mariota is a good red zone QB, so he could score some TDs.

11.  Houston D- could be the top D.

12.  Jordan Mathews- should be the #1 receiver in Buffalo.  Getting a #1 this late is good value.

13.  Gostkowski- Pats kickers always put up good numbers.

14.  Cole Beasley- put up 75 passes for 833 yards and five touchdowns last season.  Not bad value here.

15.  Ross- if he can get on the field and keep healthy, he could do big things opposite AJ.

Thoughts?  Things you'd do different?

I appreciate any help.
Reply/Quote
I finished my draft tonight and had the 6 pick as well. I had to take Mixon in the 3rd because my league is RB dominated (McCaffrey went to picks ahead of him). I got McCoy and Howard in 1 and 2.

Sent from my Google Pixel using Tapatalk
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
Your RB is terrible.. Howard is borderline rb1 to me.

Then two guys in a committe? Yikes!

Tyreek hill in the 4th is high. He won't get the return td he did previously.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2017, 11:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I picked sixth in this mock since I know that that's where I'll be picking.

How did you find out where you will be picking?

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2017, 11:03 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: 1.  Mike Evans- I think he's poised for an even bigger year than last year with DeSean and OJ drawing coverage off of him.  HIs floor is a top 5 receiver and his ceiling is the best receiver this year, even over Brown.  

I think this is low risk and VERY HIGH reward.

2.  Jordan Howard- I'm second-guessing drafting him now because the Bears lost Jeffrey and their QB play is terrible.  Howard could be good, though.

3.  TY Hilton- Luck's injured.  Stupid pick.  Should have taken Jeffrey, who's having the best offseason of his career.  Should have taken Baldwin.

4.  Tyreek Hill- playing great and outplaying his talent.  Great value and great sleeper.

5.  Joe Mixon- our line worried me but his running style and abilities cured my fears.  He's patient but then explodes through the line.  Hoping we don't give his goal line carries to Hill, but let's hope he can score before that.

6.  Julian Edelman- league is PPR so he'll put up solid points.

7.  Martellus Bennet- tight ends are valuable in Green Bay, especially when it gets cold, and Rogers is getting older so he should use the TE even more.

8.  Peterson- I've seen him with fourth-round value, so this was a steal.  Who knows if he has anything left, but this could be a great pick.  

9.  Winston- with Evans, Jackson, and Howard, I think he has a big year.

10.  Decker- Titans #1 receiver and Mariota is a good red zone QB, so he could score some TDs.

11.  Houston D- could be the top D.

12.  Jordan Mathews- should be the #1 receiver in Buffalo.  Getting a #1 this late is good value.

13.  Gostkowski- Pats kickers always put up good numbers.

14.  Cole Beasley- put up 75 passes for 833 yards and five touchdowns last season.  Not bad value here.

15.  Ross- if he can get on the field and keep healthy, he could do big things opposite AJ.

1. I go back and forth on whether I am going to take Evans or AJ. In my league I care most about I have the 7th pick. I think because of a bengals bias i lean towards AJ but Evans will have a great year too. I know you were worried about AJ because of our offensive line, but our offensive line wasn't great last year and look at the numbers he produced while he was healthy. And now we have added more weapons to alleviate the pressure opposing teams will put on AJ. I would even consider LeSean McCoy here if he is still available. 

2. I would choose Gordon over Howard. I think the Chargers are going to have a great year, and with Rivers as QB, Gordon should be able to go off. With you beginning picks you want to KNOW that they are going to produce. You won't win your draft with the first 4ish picks, but you can definitely lose it. 

3. Hilton isn't a bad pick because he gets a lot of looks and a lot of yards. I wish I knew when Luck would come back! If Luck is healthy, getting Hilton in the 3rd round is amazing. But if Luck is injured I would agree with you taking Baldwin or Landry. 

4. I personally wouldn't take Hill here. I see that Pryor was still there, or if you really want to take someone from KC here I would "reach" for Kelce. 

I don't feel like going through the entire draft. But like I previously said, you won't win your league from your first 4 picks, but you can definitely lose it. Don't reach for anyone in the first 4 rounds and only pick people you KNOW will produce.  :andy:
Reply/Quote
Your guess as good as anybody's.....You got WR in Evans, Edlmann and Hilton....Houston D should be good....a good kicker....Good young QB....Look, I don't know why people bashing Howard, He rushed for second most yards in NFL behind Elliott who is suspended. They run that ball in Chicago. The Bears have always ran the ball. He is young, and he will get his carries in The Windy City. The Bears RUN THE FOOTBALL. I've noticed Howard always gets picked in first round. Look, this guy was 2nd in rushing in NFL last year and the Bears are going to pound the rock with him again. He will give you 1,000 yards easy. I don't know what Mixon will do, some on Bengals Board would take Mixon ahead of everybody. Howard is going to give you 1,000 with Da' Bears....The Bears RUN THE FOOTBALL and this young guy tore up the NFL last year. Plus you also got Mixon. I think everybody jumping on the Mixon bandwagon pretty early, but a good second RB pick...You got Ross with your last pick, which is a steal. At seasons end everybody might be raving about #1 pick Ross and not #2 pick Mixon.

You got Evans and the guy that throws the ball to him, and really got the WR position locked down, plus Houston D....and you got a Top RB in Howard....Don't pay any attention to these so called experts...Young MR Howard dominated last year at RB and the Chicago Bears history is that if they have a top RB like this, they run him. Look, Chicago is not West Coast or Southern football. You are playing right off the Great Lakes and the weather means you have to run the football. Something Cleveland has forgot and needs to get back to before they can ever win again. Playing on The Great Lakes, you better be able to run the ball. The Chicago Bears and their history of runners and now add Howard who got a lot of yards last year and they will feed him the ball again in that cold, wet, windy Chicago weather. The Monsters of The Midway Run The Football. You can bank on that. Howard will be one of the top rushers again...As I say, he always goes first round, and you grabbed him second round. Getting Evans and Howard, you got the WR then Howard....Now anybody that says Howard is a bad second round pick is just out of their minds crazy. ....I'll tell you this. If Bengals had Howard, they never draft Mixon # 2. We can only hope someday Mixon gains as many yards as young Howard did last year. I think some go too much on who they liked in college maybe, because Howard dominated in the NFL last year and THE BEARS will run him again. This ain't college. THE BEARS will run him again.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 11:24 AM)kevin Wrote: Your guess as good as anybody's.....You got WR in Evans, Edlmann and Hilton....Houston D should be good....a good kicker....Good young QB....Look, I don't know why people bashing Howard, He rushed for second most yards in NFL behind Elliott who is suspended.  They run that ball in Chicago. The Bears have always ran the ball. He is young, and he will get his carries in The Windy City. The Bears RUN THE FOOTBALL.   I've noticed Howard always gets picked in first round.  Look, this guy was 2nd in rushing in NFL last year and the Bears are going to pound the rock with him again. He will give you 1,000 yards easy.  I don't know what Mixon will do, some on Bengals Board would take Mixon ahead of everybody.  Howard is going to give you 1,000 with Da' Bears....The Bears RUN THE FOOTBALL and this young guy tore up the NFL last year. Plus you also got Mixon. I think everybody jumping on the Mixon bandwagon pretty early, but a good second RB pick...You got Ross with your last pick, which is a steal.  At seasons end everybody might be raving about #1 pick Ross and not #2 pick Mixon.

You got Evans and the guy that throws the ball to him, and really got the WR position locked down, plus Houston D....and you got a Top RB in Howard....Don't pay any attention to these so called experts...Young MR Howard dominated last year at RB and the Chicago Bears history is that if they have a top RB like this, they run him. Look, Chicago is not West Coast or Southern football. You are playing right off the Great Lakes and the weather means you have to run the football. Something Cleveland has forgot and needs to get back to before they can ever win again. Playing on The Great Lakes, you better be able to run the ball.  The Chicago Bears and their history of runners and now add Howard who got a lot of yards last year and they will feed him the ball again in that cold, wet, windy Chicago weather.  The Monsters of The Midway Run The Football. You can bank on that.  Howard will be one of the top rushers again...As I say, he always goes first round, and you grabbed him second round. Getting Evans and Howard, you got the WR then Howard....Now anybody that says Howard is a bad second round pick is just out of their minds crazy. ....I'll tell you this. If Bengals had Howard, they never draft Mixon # 2.  We can only hope someday Mixon gains as many yards as young Howard did last year.  I think some go too much on who they liked in college maybe, because Howard dominated in the NFL last year and THE BEARS will run him again. This ain't college. THE BEARS will run him again.

Well...the reason for the "bashing" is because he didn't dominate last year. He was 45th in scoring last year. Nine other RBs scored more than him. If Da Bears don't have a QB that can throw a lick, defenses will stack the box. 

Oh, and he only scored 6 times rushing last year. Less than 300 yards receiving and 1 touchdown reception.

Where he is in the rushing yards leader board doesn't mean anything. 1,300 yards rushing is a grand total of 130 points for the season. Over a 14 game FF season, that's 9.28 points a game. Mellow It's what he does in other areas to add to that, that's important. 

You want guys that give you yards through the air as well and get in the endzone more than a guy that was 2nd in rushing. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2017, 11:56 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: I finished my draft tonight and had the 6 pick as well. I had to take Mixon in the 3rd because my league is RB dominated (McCaffrey went to picks ahead of him). I got McCoy and Howard in 1 and 2.

Sent from my Google Pixel using Tapatalk
If your league is RB dominated, then you stack up on good receivers and steal players from receiver-needy teams, especially if you already picked two backs in one and two (I assume your league starts two backs and a flex).
(08-14-2017, 12:22 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: Your RB is terrible..   Howard is borderline rb1 to me.

Then two guys in a committe? Yikes!

Tyreek hill in the 4th is high.  He won't get the return td he did previously.
Howard only played in 12 full games last season and had 1,300 yards, which is 18 points a game as a rookie.  His TD production should improve, as well as his receiving numbers.  Hopefully, this line holds up and he's able to repeat it but also add in more touchdowns and catches.  

Still second-guessing that pick but it could pay dividends.  Still two preseason games until we draft to get a look at him.  

The other two guys in a committee, I think Mixon takes over for Hill and puts up big numbers and scores.  If the first preseason game was any indication, he's going to be a hell of a player.

Like I said, I think Tyreek Hill is an underrated receiver and this could be a strong pick.  You can't teach speed, and big play ability make him worth it, not to mention that he has developed other parts of his receiving game.  Don't know who else I could take there beside maybe Golden Tate.

(08-14-2017, 07:52 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: How did you find out where you will be picking?
Our friend who runs the league put all our names into a list randomizer online and sent us a picture before and after so he couldn't lie.  I had the third choice of where I wanted to pick and initially took third thinking I'd take Antonio Brown, but then figured I couldn't get Howard in the second, who I've had my eye on.  Like I said, I also think Evans has a top five year at worst and the top receiver at best, which I can't pass up that value.
(08-14-2017, 10:01 AM)rezolve11 Wrote: 1. I go back and forth on whether I am going to take Evans or AJ. In my league I care most about I have the 7th pick. I think because of a bengals bias i lean towards AJ but Evans will have a great year too. I know you were worried about AJ because of our offensive line, but our offensive line wasn't great last year and look at the numbers he produced while he was healthy. And now we have added more weapons to alleviate the pressure opposing teams will put on AJ. I would even consider LeSean McCoy here if he is still available. 

2. I would choose Gordon over Howard. I think the Chargers are going to have a great year, and with Rivers as QB, Gordon should be able to go off. With you beginning picks you want to KNOW that they are going to produce. You won't win your draft with the first 4ish picks, but you can definitely lose it. 

3. Hilton isn't a bad pick because he gets a lot of looks and a lot of yards. I wish I knew when Luck would come back! If Luck is healthy, getting Hilton in the 3rd round is amazing. But if Luck is injured I would agree with you taking Baldwin or Landry. 

4. I personally wouldn't take Hill here. I see that Pryor was still there, or if you really want to take someone from KC here I would "reach" for Kelce. 

I don't feel like going through the entire draft. But like I previously said, you won't win your league from your first 4 picks, but you can definitely lose it. Don't reach for anyone in the first 4 rounds and only pick people you KNOW will produce.  :andy:
1.  Might seem a pick or two early for Green, but then realize that he led the league in points last season before the injury.  I kind of wish I had taken 9 or 10 and gotten AJ and Gronk but I was thinking it killed me last year, but that was only because of their late injuries and because I drafted Hill.  I normally like to be near the end of start of the draft so you can get an idea for your next pick.

Stupid of me.
(08-14-2017, 11:24 AM)kevin Wrote: Your guess as good as anybody's.....You got WR in Evans, Edlmann and Hilton....Houston D should be good....a good kicker....Good young QB....Look, I don't know why people bashing Howard, He rushed for second most yards in NFL behind Elliott who is suspended.  They run that ball in Chicago. The Bears have always ran the ball. He is young, and he will get his carries in The Windy City. The Bears RUN THE FOOTBALL.   I've noticed Howard always gets picked in first round.  Look, this guy was 2nd in rushing in NFL last year and the Bears are going to pound the rock with him again. He will give you 1,000 yards easy.  I don't know what Mixon will do, some on Bengals Board would take Mixon ahead of everybody.  Howard is going to give you 1,000 with Da' Bears....The Bears RUN THE FOOTBALL and this young guy tore up the NFL last year. Plus you also got Mixon. I think everybody jumping on the Mixon bandwagon pretty early, but a good second RB pick...You got Ross with your last pick, which is a steal.  At seasons end everybody might be raving about #1 pick Ross and not #2 pick Mixon.

You got Evans and the guy that throws the ball to him, and really got the WR position locked down, plus Houston D....and you got a Top RB in Howard....Don't pay any attention to these so called experts...Young MR Howard dominated last year at RB and the Chicago Bears history is that if they have a top RB like this, they run him. Look, Chicago is not West Coast or Southern football. You are playing right off the Great Lakes and the weather means you have to run the football. Something Cleveland has forgot and needs to get back to before they can ever win again. Playing on The Great Lakes, you better be able to run the ball.  The Chicago Bears and their history of runners and now add Howard who got a lot of yards last year and they will feed him the ball again in that cold, wet, windy Chicago weather.  The Monsters of The Midway Run The Football. You can bank on that.  Howard will be one of the top rushers again...As I say, he always goes first round, and you grabbed him second round. Getting Evans and Howard, you got the WR then Howard....Now anybody that says Howard is a bad second round pick is just out of their minds crazy. ....I'll tell you this. If Bengals had Howard, they never draft Mixon # 2.  We can only hope someday Mixon gains as many yards as young Howard did last year.  I think some go too much on who they liked in college maybe, because Howard dominated in the NFL last year and THE BEARS will run him again. This ain't college. THE BEARS will run him again.
Agreed with the logic of Bears football but Howard needs to get into the endzone more and catch some passes, even just two or three a game for 10 or fifteen yards.
(08-14-2017, 02:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Well...the reason for the "bashing" is because he didn't dominate last year. He was 45th in scoring last year. Nine other RBs scored more than him. If Da Bears don't have a QB that can throw a lick, defenses will stack the box. 

Oh, and he only scored 6 times rushing last year. Less than 300 yards receiving and 1 touchdown reception.

Where he is in the rushing yards leader board doesn't mean anything. 1,300 yards rushing is a grand total of 130 points for the season. Over a 14 game FF season, that's 9.28 points a game. Mellow It's what he does in other areas to add to that, that's important. 

You want guys that give you yards through the air as well and get in the endzone more than a guy that was 2nd in rushing. 

He was so low because he didn't become the full-time starter until mid-game in week 4.  If you project his average-per-game over a 16 week season (15 games since one bye week), he would be the number 3 back in the league, and that was with only 6 TDs and not many catches.  

If they start Trubisky, he'll look for Howard a lot because running backs are a young QBs best friend and Howard's a decent receiver.

Could be a risk-reward pick.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 07:13 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He was so low because he didn't become the full-time starter until mid-game in week 4.  If you project his average-per-game over a 16 week season (15 games since one bye week), he would be the number 3 back in the league, and that was with only 6 TDs and not many catches.  

If they start Trubisky, he'll look for Howard a lot because running backs are a young QBs best friend and Howard's a decent receiver.

Could be a risk-reward pick.

I'd still take Shady, Murray and possibly Matthews before him until he proves himself more. Backs like Elliott, and i believe, Mixon, you can take a solid chance on...because it's not really a chance based on their physical ability.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
1. Shady
2. Jordan
3. Hilton
4. Jeffrey
5. Olsen
6. Ryan
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote