Poll: Zack Moss Signing Grade
A
B
C
D
F
[Show Results]
This poll will close on: 05-11-2024
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grade the Zack Moss Signing
Moss in Mixon out. How do you grade the signing?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Positive: cheaper , better pass blocker , has had some success as a starter

Negative: pass catching, slower back, not a pounder between tackles.

C
Reply/Quote
I agree with Essex. C.
Reply/Quote
Now, if we do something with that extra $2 mil, if it helps it sign someone else we could not have otherwise (which I doubt), then I will go higher.
Reply/Quote
Solid B-
Reply/Quote
Gave it an A. Didn't want to see Mixon go. But they bit the bullet and made a tough choice, and I think it worked out well. They added the guy who was amongst the league's leading rushers for the first third of last year when he was given an opportunity to carry the load.

They obviously trust Trayveon. We saw Brown show he might be a star. And Evans still has reason$ to be motivated.

I think adding Moss allows them to try and "stick to their board" and not reach for a RB during the draft. And if they miss on one all together. Then I think we are still in fine shape.
Reply/Quote
Zack Moss himself: C
Zack Moss because I won't have to watch Joe Mixon "attempting" to pass block or getting turf monstered or arm tackled on an easy breakaway TD: B

I hope they still draft a RB.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 03:19 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Zack Moss himself: C
Zack Moss because I won't have to watch Joe Mixon "attempting" to pass block or getting turf monstered or arm tackled on an easy breakaway TD: B

For sure !!

I'm going to give Moss a B- hoping for better. But getting rid of Mixon and his weak pass pro and inability to create much of anything on his own A+

But I'm not getting a warm fuzzy feeling with just C. Brown and Z. Moss as our RB room with no margin for error.
Reply/Quote
I give it a B. I think a Moss/Chase tandem will be a lot more productive that what we have seen in the last couple of years.
Reply/Quote
I’m just impressed we signed a rolling Stone and I gather a Moss as well.
Reply/Quote
As a running back, basically a lateral move designed to save money with Mixon due $3 million roster bonus on March 18. About same in yards/carry, same % of runs over 10 yards. Some improvement, however, in pass blocking it would seem. Mixon a better % in ball security, but both seem good in that area. Mixon better in knowing the organization. Overall: average. I.E., "C." But it doesn't move the needle much either way.
Reply/Quote
Not an exciting signing, but Moss should get the job done in RBBC. 4.3 yds/carry and 7.0/reception, adequate pass blocking. I'll give it a C+

Edit: I think I had someone different in mind when I voted. This guy hits the hole quick and is very good in short yardage/goal line situations. Some of his best carries are likely for 1-2 yards, as he moves the chains and crosses the goal line. If I voted over, would definitely give a B.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 03:19 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Zack Moss himself: C

This perfectly sums up my vote. Although, Moss did have a good stretch of games with the Colts last season that gives me optimism a RB duo of him and Brown can produce.
Reply/Quote
It's always a little daunting when you let go of a player that has been a starter for 7 years and replace them with a part time player who showed promise in their role for half a year.

Was Moss a flash in the pan behind a really good run blocking Oline and he'll regress back to the part time player he was in Buffalo? It could blow up in our faces.

With that said, all the underlying statistics say that this was a fantastic replacement at an incredible price.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 09:21 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: It's always a little daunting when you let go of a player that has been a starter for 7 years and replace them with a part time player who showed promise in their role for half a year.

Was Moss a flash in the pan behind a really good run blocking Oline and he'll regress back to the part time player he was in Buffalo? It could blow up in our faces.

With that said, all the underlying statistics say that this was a fantastic replacement at an incredible price.

Moss likely won't be lighting it up in the fantasy leagues, but I do anticipate efficient production in RBBC.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Chase Brown + Zach Moss is an upgrade from Mixon.

Mixon has like 95% of the carries going into like week 12 last year. Running back by committee all day.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I think the move to replace Joe was solid monetarily. It will be a good move to improve the team provided Chase Brown emerges. Moss can make up for Brown’s deficiencies. But Moss hasn’t emerged as a #1 back at any of his stops. Is the running back room better than it was? Only because with Brown likely emerging Mixon had no place. Him and Brown weren’t peanut butter and jelly. Brown and Moss are more so. I don’t think they draft a running back now. Sure would like to see some movement at our weakest holes. Those are DT & RT. Not a superstar but a medium priced one. I’m afraid they’ve decided Cody Ford is one.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 07:59 AM)wanga Wrote: I’m just impressed we signed a rolling Stone and I gather a Moss as well.

Hilarious Well done.
Reply/Quote
Going with a B. We are a passing offense and rarely rely on the run. Not saying we shouldn't rely on it more, but that's my perception, and for what we need at the position, Moss will fit in fine.

Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 10:17 AM)Soonerpeace Wrote: I think the move to replace Joe was solid monetarily. It will be a good move to improve the team provided Chase Brown emerges. Moss can make up for Brown’s deficiencies. But Moss hasn’t emerged as a #1 back at any of his stops. Is the running back room better than it was? Only because with Brown likely emerging Mixon had no place. Him and Brown weren’t peanut butter and jelly. Brown and Moss are more so. I don’t think they draft a running back now. Sure would like to see some movement at our weakest holes. Those are DT & RT. Not a superstar but a medium priced one. I’m afraid they’ve decided Cody Ford is one.

i think it was an OK move, definitely saves us from having to draft a RB this year. If one falls to us that we like, take him otherwise, keep getting BPA.

Overall, this move will be one where the Entire FA period will need to be evaluated before we can grade the Parts.
Reply/Quote