Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grades going into the bye week?
What are your grades for the team so far by position group?  Not what some websites claim.    

QB
WR
TE
RB
Oline

Dline
LB
CB
Safety

Special Teams

Not hating by any means, just curios what you all think.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 08:07 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: What are your grades for the team so far by position group?  Not what some websites claim.    

QB A
WR B+
TE B
RB A
Oline B

Dline B
LB B
CB C
Safety B

Special Teams B

These past two games have hurt a lot of grade but still 5-4 is much better than I expected.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
QB B-
RB B
WR B+
TE C+
OL C+
DL B -
LB C+
CB C+
S A -
ST C
Coaching D+
Reply/Quote
I'd give special teams a C for sure. The return game has been pretty bad as I recall. It seems they are running the ball out of the end zone when they should not be or calling a fair catch on a punt when they should be running it. For example in the Browns game there was a punt and I think it was Phillips (I could be wrong) had no one near him by like 10-15 yards and he called for a fair catch.

During the last few years when things really sucked it seemed special teams was one aspect that was decent. But it seems now they are not so hot.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
The bright spot is Bell and Bates. Best tandem in the league
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 09:57 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: The bright spot is Bell and Bates. Best tandem in the league

Bates has been terrible lately.

Reply/Quote
Burrow gets a B.
O-line gets C+.
D line gets B+(would have been an A if not for the last two weeks).
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 08:07 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: What are your grades for the team so far by position group?  Not what some websites claim.    

QB B-
WR B+
TE B
RB C
Oline D

Dline B-
LB C-
CB C
Safety B-

Special Teams B

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
QB - B (QB with 11 INT doesn't get an A)
WR - B (Steady but haven't help Burrow out with the tough catches lately)
TE - A (Wasn't expecting much out of this group and Uzomah is a stud)
RB - B (Mixon stud - Perrine dud/Can't block or isn't willing to block - Chris Evans needs more looks in the passing game)
Oline - C (Jonah, Spain, and Reiff have been consistent. The other 2 positions "you are the weakest link - good bye")

Dline - A (Hendrickson great pick up, Hubbard, and Readers played well and Ogunjobi great pick up. After that though not getting much)
LB - First 5 games A + - Last 2 games D- (Been out of place and ineffective, slow to the ball)
CB - B - (Awuzie great pick up. Although came down from Pro Bowl level the last 2 weeks to average..Apple was on the street and cut by his last 4 teams for a reason and we now see that reason and honestly Hilton has been a huge let down. I expected him to come in and be our blitzing DB. I haven't seen any of that this year)
Safety - B (I personally feel Von Bell has been a better safety through 9 games than Bates. I'm not sure if Bates is in his head or worried about his contract but if he keeps playing like this I'd let the guy walk)

Special Teams - A+ (Hubers consistent and McPherson is reliable. I dont go into every kick praying he makes it.
Reply/Quote
QB - B+ : INTs have been a major issue, but he's exceptional other than that

WR - B+ : Chase was monstrous for several weeks, but I feel like we could be getting more from Boyd

TE - C+ : Ceej has been good in spurts, but we have nothing behind him

RB - C- : Considering we're 8th in run block win rate and 25th in yards/carry, I think these guys are doing much worse than we realize. We're also bad in short yardage. Mixon has a good PFF grade though. Strange.

Oline - D+ : We're 29th in pass block win rate, 8th in run block win rate, and have 2 guys grading in the mid 40s on our line. Still going to give up 40+ sacks despite passing way less.

-------

Dline - A : This group has been outstanding
LB - C : Logan has cooled off a bit, and no one else is making plays
CB - C+ : Awuzie and Hilton have been solid, Apple not so much
Safety - C+ : Bell has been great according to PFF (74.2 grade) while Mr Big Contract is only graded at 56.8. Yikes.

Special Teams - B+ : Sir Kicks a Lot has been automatic outside of the GB game, and Huber is Huber.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote