Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grading Eagles game
QB B still grading on a curve but his best game by far line gave him a nearly impossible situation and he was part of the reason we got a tie if we hadn't had Burrow we lose.  
RB C+ Mixon didnt have much room to no fault of his
OL D Hopkins and Jonah keep this form being an F
WR B- They weren't given time to get open except in scramble situations.
TE C+ Sample was blocking OK
DL C+ The run D still needs improvement hoping Geno will help with that.
LB C+ Tackling was better Sunday
CB B - Held their own
S B+ Bates and Bell had a good game
K B Randy didnt miss a kick
P B+ Huber been great through 3 weeks
Coaching C- he out coached Peterson.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 01:21 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: QB B still grading on a curve but his best game by far line gave him a nearly impossible situation and he was part of the reason we got a tie if we hadn't had Burrow we lose.  
RB C+ Mixon didnt have much room to no fault of his
OL D Hopkins and Jonah keep this form being an F
WR B- They weren't given time to get open except in scramble situations.
TE C+ Sample was blocking OK
DL C+ The run D still needs improvement hoping Geno will help with that.
LB C+ Tackling was better Sunday
CB B - Held their own
S B+ Bates and Bell had a good game
K B Randy didnt miss a kick
P B+ Huber been great through 3 weeks
Coaching C- he out coached Peterson.

QB - A-.  Not sure we could ask for more. Not much he can do with the protection he's getting.  I didn't see him make one single mistake.  The only reason this isn't A is because we didn't win.

RB - D+.  The only reason this is this high is because of Gio.  Mixon was awful.  Yeah, he's got terrible blocking.  But he's also got terrible vision.  I'd give him an D- on his own.

WR - C+. Boyd was great. Nice to see Higgins get involved. AJ looked like mollases. Hard to grade with such little time to throw, and such terrible play calling and scheme.

OL - F.  Doesn't even warrant an explanation.

TE - F. 1 catch 1 yard.  Blocking wasn't great either.

DL - B.  Got plenty of pressure.  Run D wasn't the greatest, but at this level it was adequte. LB's hurt us more there.

LB - C-.  Not great, but had their moments.  Did well in coverage, INT was huge. Run D needs improvement.

DB - B.  Played well, although they were playing against probably the worst cast of weapons in the entire league.

K - C+.  Didn't miss a kick. (Good)  Kickoff out of bounds late. (Bad)

P - A. 
Reply/Quote
OL gave up, what, 8 sacks? They get an F. F-
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 01:29 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: QB - A-.  Not sure we could ask for more. Not much he can do with the protection he's getting.  I didn't see him make one single mistake.  The only reason this isn't A is because we didn't win.

RB - D+.  The only reason this is this high is because of Gio.  Mixon was awful.  Yeah, he's got terrible blocking.  But he's also got terrible vision.  I'd give him an D- on his own.

WR - C+.  Boyd was great. Nice to see Higgins get involved. AJ looked like mollases. Hard to grade with such little time to throw, and such terrible play calling and scheme.

DL - B.  Got plenty of pressure.  Run D wasn't the greatest, but at this level it was adequte. LB's hurt us more there.

LB - C-.  Not great, but had their moments.  Did well in coverage, INT was huge. Run D needs improvement.

DB - B.  Played well, although they were playing against probably the worst cast of weapons in the entire league.

P - A. 

It was Hopkins that set up the huge Gio screen. Jonah was protecting Burrows blindside. Slay is a top corner and if your line is giving no time AJ is in a nearly impossible situation.
Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 01:29 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: QB - A-.  Not sure we could ask for more. Not much he can do with the protection he's getting.  I didn't see him make one single mistake.  The only reason this isn't A is because we didn't win.

WR - C+.  Boyd was great. Nice to see Higgins get involved. AJ looked like mollases. Hard to grade with such little time to throw, and such terrible play calling and scheme.

P - A. 

Randy's kickoff out of bounds is where the entire game turned.  If they don't start st the 40, they do not score that TD.  If they don't score that TD, the Bengals probably win.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 04:00 PM)McC Wrote: Randy's kickoff out of bounds is where the entire game turned.  If they don't start st the 40, they do not score that TD.  If they don't score that TD, the Bengals probably win.

That was a killer. Every kicker misses FG’s, but that is the kind of mistake that just should not happen. Especially with a veteran.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-28-2020, 04:23 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That was a killer. Every kicker misses FG’s, but that is the kind of mistake that just should not happen. Especially with a veteran.

That was like a giant kick in the balls.  The offense scores before the end of the half and then that happens.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote