Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grading Game 2
QB C+ He needs to be more accurate with deep passes to get a better grade.
RB D+ Mixon and Gio didn't have their best games
WR C+ Boyd had a crucial drop and AJ could have been better
TE B Solid game from Sample and Uzomah. hope CJ injury isn't serious
OL D+ wasnt for Hopkins and Jonah this grade would be a F
DL D- terrible performance all around from this unit
LB C held up in coverage ok run support was lacking
CB D+ Jackson was awful Phillips not much better Mackenzie keeps grade from being worse
S C- the poor play from rest of D affected Bates and Bell.
K A Randy made all his kicks and had mostly touchbacks
P B- Huber wasnt as good as last week
KR/PR B Wilson been a bright spot
Coaching F Taylor had team unprepared and no adjustments for what Browns were doing
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 11:53 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: QB C+ He needs to be more accurate with deep passes to get a better grade.
RB D+ Mixon and Gio didn't have their best games
WR C+ Boyd had a crucial drop and AJ could have been better
TE B Solid game from Sample and Uzomah. hope CJ injury isn't serious
OL D+ wasnt for Hopkins and Jonah this grade would be a F
DL D- terrible performance all around from this unit
LB C held up in coverage ok run support was lacking
CB D+ Jackson was awful Phillips not much better Mackenzie keeps grade from being worse
S C- the poor play from rest of D affected Bates and Bell.
K A Randy made all his kicks and had mostly touchbacks
P B- Huber wasnt as good as last week
KR/PR B Wilson been a bright spot
Coaching F Taylor had team unprepared and no adjustments for what Browns were doing

Stop
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
QB B+ Making chicken soup out of chicken shit.
RB C Mixon was average, he needs to hit some bigger gains.
WR C+ A few key drops, but good routes and did ok. I like Mike Thomas, let’s get more of him
TE B Sample proving he has a role here. Uzomah has looked good and will hopefully be back
OL D+ Burrow took some nasty shots, and the running lanes were non existent. Myles Garrett is no joke though, at least he didn’t helmet shit Burrow
DL C- for lack of pass rush and the rushing yards. Grade goes up for the goal line stand
LB C- they didn’t have a presence this game. Bynes completely disappeared
CB D+ WJ3 played poorly and Phillips struggles at times
S D+ everything good about Bates was bad this week. Von Bell hasn’t had an impact yet
K A Nice bounce back from Randy
P B- average game from Huber, one subpar punt from what I remember
KR/PR B+ Wilson gave us great field position multiple times
Coaching C offense did alright, made decent adjustments at half. Defense looked lost.
Reply/Quote
All I know right now is that we got seriously out coached in this game.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:06 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: All I know right now is that we got seriously out coached in this game.

Both games honestly.

Reply/Quote
He's had 18 games. Their has yet to be 1 game where I thought man we have a smart head coach that has the team well prepared. Dalton would be starting this season had Taylor had any monikem of player relation skills. Dalton should be starting and Burrow should be learning by watching. After Taylor threw Dalton under the bus and benched him on his birthday only way we were keeping Dalton is if we paid him 20 million. we were probably offering more money for him to stay here for 1 more year he took less money to get the hell out of here.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:15 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He's had 18 games. Their has yet to be 1 game where I thought man we have a smart head coach that has the team well prepared. Dalton would be starting this season had Taylor had any monikem of player relation skills. Dalton should be starting and Burrow should be learning by watching. After Taylor threw Dalton under the bus and benched him on his birthday only way we were keeping Dalton is if we paid him 20 million. we were probably offering more money for him to stay here for 1 more year he took less money to get the hell out of here.

LMAO

Burrow looks as ready as any rookie QB in recent history. Also, Dalton was under contract for 17 mil for one more year. You really have no idea what you’re talking about with most of this stuff.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: LMAO

Burrow looks as ready as any rookie QB in recent history. Also, Dalton was under contract for 17 mil for one more year. You really have no idea what you’re talking about with most of this stuff.

Argue with me about semantics all you want.  Burrow is playing like a rookie. If you think it's safe to continually subject him to the constant punishment this line is giving him I dont know what to say. You screw up a young player like Burrows internal clock. You could ruin him.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:27 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Argue with me about semantics all you want.  Burrow is playing like a rookie. If you think it's safe to continually subject him to the constant punishment this line is giving him I dont know what to say. You screw up a young player like Burrows internal clock. You could ruin him.

No he’s not. To throw the ball 61 times without an INT is hard to do even for a veteran QB. Go read the thread Holic just posted.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 11:53 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Coaching F Taylor had team unprepared and no adjustments for what Browns were doing

Scored 30 points on offense and were an onside kick recovery away from possibly winning the game last night. Not saying that deserves an A but sure looks like he had the team SOMEWHAT prepared.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:27 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Argue with me about semantics all you want.  Burrow is playing like a rookie. If you think it's safe to continually subject him to the constant punishment this line is giving him I dont know what to say. You screw up a young player like Burrows internal clock. You could ruin him.

Rookie just made history in his second game with no preseason... i think he's doing alright. Now if you want to argue Dalton should be starting to take the punishment from a crappy O-line, you have an argument, but he would not be playing any better based on what we saw from him last year in this same system. It took him 12 games to hit 30 points last year. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:30 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No he’s not. To throw the ball 61 times without an INT is hard to do even for a veteran QB. Go read the thread Holic just posted.

I recall at least 2 passes that should have been picked. not to mention the 2 fumbles 1 ruined a drive the other gave Browns first and goal from the 1. How many QB's threw 60+ passes and didnt have a completion for over 25 yards?
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:32 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Rookie just made history in his second game with no preseason... i think he's doing alright. Now if you want to argue Dalton should be starting to take the punishment from a crappy O-line, you have an argument, but he would not be playing any better based on what we saw from him last year in this same system. It took him 12 games to hit 30 points last year. 

Well, we know Dalton had the 2nd fastest release in the league, and Burrow sometimes holds the ball too long. If Joe could learn one thing from Andy, it's that with this line he has to get rid of it quick
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:34 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I recall at least 2 passes that should have been picked. not to mention the 2 fumbles 1 ruined a drive the other gave Browns first and goal from the 1. How many QB's threw 60+ passes and didnt have a completion for over 25 yards?

He also had a WR drop a sure TD which would have given him 4 TDs and possibly tied the game. See we can should haves as well. I don't know but only 8 QBs have ever thrown 60+ and never had an interception, Rookie or not. Burrow is the only reason we were even in that game, and only individuals with blinders on can't see that. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:32 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Rookie just made history in his second game with no preseason... i think he's doing alright. Now if you want to argue Dalton should be starting to take the punishment from a crappy O-line, you have an argument, but he would not be playing any better based on what we saw from him last year in this same system. It took him 12 games to hit 30 points last year. 

Joe Burrow in his first game against Cleveland (2nd game ever in the NFL with no preseason) did better than 9 year veteran Dalton in either of his 17th and 18th games against Cleveland (130th and 133rd games ever in the NFL with multiple preseason games) last season.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote

Fair enough, but that rookie is a vast improvement over Dalton.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:34 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I recall at least 2 passes that should have been picked. not to mention the 2 fumbles 1 ruined a drive the other gave Browns first and goal from the 1. How many QB's threw 60+ passes and didnt have a completion for over 25 yards?

No rookie QB has thrown that many times since 2003. Our idiot HC asked a rookie QB with no preseason to completely carry the team. And he pretty much did.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:39 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No rookie QB has thrown that many times since 2003. Our idiot HC asked a rookie QB with no preseason to completely carry the team. And he pretty much did.

Well, what other choice did the idiot HC have, our running backs couldn't get out of the backfield without being hit twice.
Reply/Quote
This is freaking out a bit too much. It’s going to be ok. I don’t expect burrow to win much this year with issues out of his hands.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:37 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: He also had a WR drop a sure TD which would have given him 4 TDs and possibly tied the game. See we can should haves as well. I don't know but only 8 QBs have ever thrown 60+ and never had an interception, Rookie or not. Burrow is the only reason we were even in that game, and only individuals with blinders on can't see that. 
He also overthrew AJ twice on 2 TD passes. Burrow is good and has higher ceiling than Dalton. Dalton is better now.  Dalton was a borderline probowler with AJ Green in the lineup
Reply/Quote