Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grading Game 2
(09-18-2020, 11:53 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Stop

Yeah, I mean, Burrow gets a SOLID B for doing anything behind that dumpster fire, let alone for what he actually accomplished.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, what other choice did the idiot HC have, our running backs couldn't get out of the backfield without being hit twice.

Pretty much this.... we're awfully damn limited in what we can do because of piss poor offensive line play. Seems that's a recurring theme..... Hmm 

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:05 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Pretty much this.... we're awfully damn limited in what we can do because of piss poor offensive line play. Seems that's a recurring theme..... Hmm 

So has the defense being historically bad. We should probably fix some of this stuff...

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:38 PM)samhain Wrote: I have concerns with the available talent.  The right side of the o-line needs replaced and the lack of available DTs is a major concern.  I also worry that Carlos may be starting to decline.  

That said, I agree with what you're saying execution-wise.

We're all excited for new players and offseason approach, but 20 practices and zero preseason games aren't going to get a roster like this into top form for real games.  

If they still suck and look this lost in mid-October, then I'll be really worried.  

This, pretty much all of this.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 02:08 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: So has the defense being historically bad. We should probably fix some of this stuff...

Yep. Long overdue. On the defense, we're real thin on depth right now. The hope is once Atkins and Daniels return, the rotation will be better. The LBs are young, and you have a guy that's been here two games. All in all, you're looking at a revamped roster, rookie QB, BIG problems on the right side of the oline, and some missing pieces. All of this with no rookie camps, OTAs, limited practice, and no preseason. Still, we've lost by a grand total of 8 points in two games. Last night's game was actually exciting. Three times I threatened to go to bed, but that damn Joey B just kept clawing back. Returners kept putting us in good position, or the d had one of its few stops. Like Samhain said....if this is what we still have mid October, then it's probably time to burn it all down. 

That said, I don't look for big improvement on the right side, but I do look for the left side of the line to start to come into its own. To me, this season was always going to be about getting Burrow experience....and seeing how new pieces worked into the scheme. We're in year one of a total rebuild, because the team made zero off-season moves last year. Last year was more about roster evaluation than anything. If these guys can't win 5-7 games this year, then shown the staff the door.
Reply/Quote
Blocking D+
Tackling F-
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote