Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grading Game 2
(09-18-2020, 12:35 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, we know Dalton had the 2nd fastest release in the league, and Burrow sometimes holds the ball too long. If Joe could learn one thing from Andy, it's that with this line he has to get rid of it quick

Dalton was still getting sacked a crazy amount despite that blazing fast release time people love to bring up.

There was at least a couple plays last night that would have been sacks on the much less athletic Dalton. The spin move was ugly, but Burrow is really good at dipping a shoulder and evading pressure. Dalton very often went down on absolute first contact.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Burrow is the only one I see playing with a sense of urgency.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:37 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: He also had a WR drop a sure TD which would have given him 4 TDs and possibly tied the game. See we can should haves as well. I don't know but only 8 QBs have ever thrown 60+ and never had an interception, Rookie or not. Burrow is the only reason we were even in that game, and only individuals with blinders on can't see that. 

And that is really all that needs to be said.

Reply/Quote
I think Burrow had more completed passes on the run last night, than Dalton typically has in a season. Just an observation.
Reply/Quote
Another way of putting this. Jon Kitna was better than rookie Palmer. Dalton led us to playoffs as a rookie he also had a much better Oline and Defense not to mention that was a run first team.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:04 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: RB C Mixon was average, he needs to hit some bigger gains.

16 attempts for 46 yards (2.9 YPC), with no TD's, is not average.

He gets a D- at best.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well, what other choice did the idiot HC have, our running backs couldn't get out of the backfield without being hit twice.

Not my job to game plan. It’s Taylor’s. There is no excuse for Mixon to be averaging what he is. Same thing happened first half of last season, and all of a sudden things started to click late. Figure it the **** out.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:41 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He also overthrew AJ twice on 2 TD passes. Burrow is good and has higher ceiling than Dalton. Dalton is better now.  Dalton was a borderline probowler with AJ Green in the lineup

Tell me how Andy did last week, oh yeah, he's a backup. Dude just stop. I've always been an Andy sullorter, but it's clear right now AJ is not AJ Dalton had (could change with more time) and Burrow still performed better than Andy would have or has in his multiple times against Cleveland. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:43 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Burrow is the only one I see playing with a sense of urgency.

I saw a bunch of guys playing with urgency.

Problem is lack of execution. Whether that's through talent, coaching, rust, whatever, it's gotta get fixed.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:41 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: He also overthrew AJ twice on 2 TD passes. Burrow is good and has higher ceiling than Dalton. ab]Dalton is better now[/b].  Dalton was a borderline probowler with AJ Green in the lineup

LOL

You’re on a roll. AJ is clearly not 100% right now (he might never be again). He wouldn’t have helped make Dalton look better like he did for years.

Reply/Quote
What Burrow has managed to do with the pressure he's seen is pretty damn impressive.

This kid has absolutely no time to throw, and has been thrust into a lot of hurry-up for being just two games into the season.

He's also getting absolutely no help from the run game either. He's also got one of the worst #1 receivers in the league in AJ Green, who can't seperate from shit.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: And that is really all that needs to be said.

those 2 fumbles by Burrow were game changing plays. Burrow being a rookie was reason we lost just like a multitude of others. those 2 fumbles cost us 10 points in a 5 point game. not to mention if we could have ever got a lead may have caused Browns to panic like they did with Ravens previous week and abandon run.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:47 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Another way of putting this. Jon Kitna was better than rookie Palmer. Dalton led us to playoffs as a rookie he also had a much better Oline and Defense not to mention that was a run first team.

He also had Marvin, Jay, and Zimmer. Our current coaching staff should be working at a pet store.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:51 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What Burrow has managed to do with the pressure he's seen is pretty damn impressive.

This kid has absolutely no time to throw, and has been thrust into a lot of hurry-up for being just two games into the season.  

He's also getting absolutely no help from the run game either.  He's also got one of the worst #1 receivers in the league in AJ Green, who can't seperate from shit.

AJ was wide open for 2 TD's last night and Burrow missed him both times stop with the hate of AJ. That's 3 times in 2 games.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:51 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: those 2 fumbles by Burrow were game changing plays. Burrow being a rookie was reason we lost just like a multitude of others. those 2 fumbles cost us 10 points in a 5 point game. not to mention if we could have ever got a lead may have caused Browns to panic like they did with Ravens previous week and abandon run.

He only lost one of them. I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen someone be as wrong about as much as you in the last 12 hours.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He also had Marvin, Jay, and Zimmer. Our current coaching staff should be working at a pet store.

Gruden and Zimmer weren't here when Kitna was.

It was Brat and Frazier/Lewis/Breshnahan.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:58 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Gruden and Zimmer weren't here when Kitna was.

It was Brat and Frazier/Lewis/Breshnahan.

LOL yeah I know.

I was responding to Dalton “taking us to the playoffs his rookie season.”

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:53 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: AJ was wide open for 2 TD's last night and Burrow missed him both times stop with the hate of AJ. That's 3 times in 2 games.

AJ was wide open for 2 TD's last night?  When exactly?

I don't remember Burrow missing any obvious throws.  Did he miss them because he got buried into the dirt?

I can think of no less than 25 receivers that I'd take as my #1 over AJ Green right now.  And I can proabably stretch that out to over 30 if I really wanted to.  (I'll list them if you'd like)

AJ can't even stay on the field.  They took him out on a 3rd and 13 last night.  He wasn't out there for a lot of plays.

If you actually watch him and can't tell he's not the same then you're not watching the same guy.  He's slow as shit.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 01:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: LOL yeah I know.

I was responding to Dalton “taking us to the playoffs his rookie season.”

My bad.  I just saw the Kitna to Palmer reference. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 12:57 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He only lost one of them. I can’t remember the last time I’ve seen someone be as wrong about as much as you in the last 12 hours.

I know he only lost 1 we were driving into field goal range before fumble. how did the 20 yard loss affect that drive? Burrow hasn't been great yet.
 It's just ridiculous that you cant see any faults in QB play. It's criminal to throw 60 + times and not have 1 completion over 25 plus yards. That makes him a game manager Alex Smith type captain checkdown. Yes the line was bad on at least 15 of those throws he had a clean pocket. AJ looks like old AJ Burrow has missed 3 throws that would have made AJ's day better both games. His deep ball hasn't been very accurate if it continues Defenses will pick up on that and take away all of the short throws. Browns were daring him to throw deep when it was a 1 posession game.
Reply/Quote