Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grading first game
Coaching D. I expect better leaving us no timeouts with 10 minutes to play inexcusable
QB C- Grading on a curve as it was his first NFL start. Slightly below Dalton from last year BFine was right early.
RB D+ Mixon's fumble brings the grade down
WR B AJ's play brings the overall grade up.
TE C+ should have been used more Uzomah was open quite a bit.
OL C- Hopkins and Jonah's play in 2nd half helped save this unit to barely passable
DL C+ without Reader we fell off a cliff.
LB B+ surprising grade given the dumpster fire from last season
CB B- Tackling is an issue with William Jackson Deion Sanders light
S A Bates was phenomenal Bell above AVG.
K D+ missed when it mattered most
P A- Huber was a sneaky MVP selection had we won
KR/PR B Good start to the season from them
Reply/Quote
The Chargers scored 16 points and half of that was set up by Mixon's fumble & Bullock's terrible KO.

That is B+ (at worst) for the D. DL had some big 4th down stops and Taylor was right around 50% passing.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 03:03 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: The Chargers scored 16 points and half of that was set up by Mixon's fumble & Bullock's terrible KO.

That is B+ (at worst) for the D. DL had some big 4th down stops and Taylor was right around 50% passing.

the 10 or so plays reader missed chargers moved the ball at will. C+ is  lowest graded unit on entire defense we still gave up 155 yards rushing.
Reply/Quote
There is a myth that timeouts are only used correctly if it's at the end of a half, that is not true at all. Using timeouts to get into the right play is a proper use of them. Using timeouts because the play clock is running out, or people don't know how to get lined up is a bad use. The use of timeouts yesterday was fine. In fact one of them set up the deep shot that was missed, but getting out of one look into another with a chance to score was the right call.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 02:38 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Coaching D. I expect better leaving us no timeouts with 10 minutes to play inexcusable
QB C- Grading on a curve as it was his first NFL start. Slightly below Dalton from last year BFine was right early.
RB D+ Mixon's fumble brings the grade down
WR B AJ's play brings the overall grade up.
TE C+ should have been used more Uzomah was open quite a bit.
OL C- Hopkins and Jonah's play in 2nd half helped save this unit to barely passable
DL C+ without Reader we fell off a cliff.
LB B+ surprising grade given the dumpster fire from last season
CB B- Tackling is an issue with William Jackson Deion Sanders light
S   A   Bates was phenomenal Bell above AVG.
K   D+ missed when it mattered most
P    A- Huber was a sneaky MVP selection had we won
KR/PR B Good start to the season from them
To me,Zac Taylor is NOT a game manager coach and he should give up calling the players and he should have Joe Burrow in the shotgun all game as he would have had more time to see what the D was going to do and also to find his receivers,no T Higgins and no Auden Tate,come on,where was this high powered offense we heard about all off season.This game was a big time joke,where was our stud DT ?
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 03:38 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: he should have Joe Burrow in the shotgun all game as he would have had more time to see what the D was going to do and also to find his receivers

At the very least he should have went to this much, much earlier in the game.

When your QB is getting drilled before he can even survey the field it should be a no brainer to mix in the shotgun.  Especially when that QB is young and played a ton in shotgun in college.

I was scratching my head in the 1st half wondering the same thing you were.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 03:48 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: At the very least he should have went to this much, much earlier in the game.

When your QB is getting drilled before he can even survey the field it should be a no brainer to mix in the shotgun.  Especially when that QB is young and played a ton in shotgun in college.

I was scratching my head in the 1st half wondering the same thing you were.

Running from under center is normally preffered by backs. The other thing I think may have played into it was it set up some play-action later, specifically the single back bunch set that Uzomah snuck out and caught a big crosser off of. That was a play they stole from San Fran and was setup by running a couple of times from the same set early on.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2020, 03:58 PM)Au165 Wrote: Running from under center is normally preffered by backs. The other thing I think may have played into it was it set up some play-action later, specifically the single back bunch set that Uzomah snuck out and caught a big crosser off of. That was a play they stole from San Fran and was setup by running a couple of times from the same set early on.

I think now that we have game planning on the Browns we should get alot better all around!!! Yesterdays game is HISTORY!!!

Reply/Quote