Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Grading game 5
(10-12-2020, 09:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Has there been a worse use of the tag in recent history? Not an injury like Dak, but just a complete and total lack of production?

AJ Green is still injured. It’s totally obvious. However, Joe Burrow did ask the Front Office to keep him — and they did.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 07:48 PM)Whatever Wrote: Yup.  When they throw to an open Tate, he makes the catch.  Problem is, he doesn't get open very often.  

And when he does catch it, he really doesn't get much YAC.
This year, he has 5 yards after catch, or an average of 1 YAC per target.

For comparison:
Higgins - 41 YAC
Boyd - 77 YAC
Sample - 57 YAC

Last year, Tate only had 124 YPC, which was 77th in league.

While he's good at catching the ball and making circus catches, he's limited with speed, getting separation, and YAC.
As such, he might cap out at a WR3 in the NFL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
So far this year, the biggest benefit to him being on the field was he was drawing the best cover guys from the defense, allowing Boyd, Higgins and Tate to be covered by the lessor guys. I'm not sure going forward that will be the case.
Reply/Quote
You are a bit too generous in your grades, I believe. A "D" implies below average. The offense failed in every single possible way on Sunday. "F" across the board on offense. Sad, as the defense actually did very well once they adjusted.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2020, 11:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote: So far this year, the biggest benefit to him being on the field was he was drawing the best cover guys from the defense, allowing Boyd, Higgins and Tate to be covered by the lessor guys. I'm not sure going forward that will be the case.

True, but I think it was a very helpful thing for Tee Higgins to let him get use to the pace of the NFL and experience some success before becoming the no.1 WR (Boyd being more of a slot receiver). It will have aided his transition into the NFL, and it probably wasn't a bad thing that he got to work with his idol.

That said, it wasn't worth $18m.
Reply/Quote