Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grading the roster
QB A- Joe Burrow is an MVP dark horse currently no back up more than likely Brandon Allen causes the -
RB B+ decent depth productive unit
WR A top 3 are all top 50 wideouts. After that special teamers and not much depth
OL B- the uncertainty with Volson brings overall grade down
TE C+ Hurst will be an upgrade at receiver will sorely miss Uzo blocking
DL B+ Depth is good
LB A - Logan IMO is a stud. Pratt can be a pro bowl alternate type player with depth behind
CB B+ Cam Taylor Britts injury keeps this grade from being higher
S A- Bell Bates and Hill as a swiss army knife
ST A- Just a feeling overall even with an agung Huber this will be a strength this season
Coach B Zac took us to a SB he needs to get back and win or at least continued success to deserve a higher grade
Reply/Quote
Agree with most of this, I'd offer these changes:

QB B: I think having one of the worst backups in the league is a bigger deal than people think.
OL C: I think this unit is just average, nothing less nothing more.
DL C+: The interior is a concern for me, losing Larry O. I do think this group has a high ceiling though based on some inexperienced/unproven roster talent.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
QB: A, if you have an elite QB you are set at QB. You don’t have a stud QB and then spend a bunch of money on a backup that could be used to make the rest of the roster better.

RB: A-, Joe is a stud. Solid depth behind him. It’s not a Chubb/Hunt scenario but short of that kind of luck we can’t complain much.

TE: D+ but it could be a C or C- once we see how Hurst performs. Depth is not good, top end talent isn’t great. Can’t give this group an above average grade.

WR: A-, top 3 are as good as it gets but bottom 3 drag the score down a bit. A legit #4 would make this group an A.

OL: C+, good across the board at starting spots with question on Volson. Depth isn’t great but no team has great OL depth. Just the nature of the league the last 10 years.

DL: B+, very good starters but not top level elite. Very good depth. No complaints from me.

LB: B+, could be A- if Logan plays great. Good depth.

CB: B-, would have liked another vet for depth and a healthy CTB. Could eventually upgrade the 2nd starting spot whether that be CTB or future pick/signing. Like this group as they play above their pay grade, but they are not perfect by any stretch. Good bang for the buck.

S: A, pretty simple imo

ST’s: A-, only a- because Huber was bad down the stretch last year. If he can get back to form it’s an A
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Roster is getting deeper & stronger every day it seems. Our OL depth got much better with the Scharping signing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2022, 05:38 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: QB: A, if you have an elite QB you are set at QB. You don’t have a stud QB and then spend a bunch of money on a backup that could be used to make the rest of the roster better.

RB: A-, Joe is a stud. Solid depth behind him. It’s not a Chubb/Hunt scenario but short of that kind of luck we can’t complain much.

TE: D+ but it could be a C or C- once we see how Hurst performs. Depth is not good, top end talent isn’t great. Can’t give this group an above average grade.

WR: A-, top 3 are as good as it gets but bottom 3 drag the score down a bit. A legit #4 would make this group an A.

OL: C+, good across the board at starting spots with question on Volson. Depth isn’t great but no team has great OL depth. Just the nature of the league the last 10 years.

DL: B+, very good starters but not top level elite. Very good depth. No complaints from me.

LB: B+, could be A- if Logan plays great. Good depth.

CB: B-, would have liked another vet for depth and a healthy CTB. Could eventually upgrade the 2nd starting spot whether that be CTB or future pick/signing. Like this group as they play above their pay grade, but they are not perfect by any stretch. Good bang for the buck.

S: A, pretty simple imo

ST’s: A-, only a- because Huber was bad down the stretch last year. If he can get back to form it’s an A

Agree that TE is probably our weakest position especially if Hurst doesn't help us a lot in the RZ or if he gets hurt. Really
hoping we sign OJ Howard for this very reason, from what I see of Asiasi I am not impressed. Having a problem keeping 
off the weight also isn't a good sign from Asiasi. I really like Drew Sample as a blocker but he brings nothing in the passing
game. 

WR would of been an A for me if they would of kept Pryor but they lost him so agree with your grade LF40. Have to have
someone on the back end that scares a Defense a touch. Now we have maybe Taylor if we bring him back who is only a 
Slot WR.

Adding Scharping to the OL for depth was a great move, also agree with that grade. That is a big time upgrade from last
season where we were a D at best. Some would argue an F lol

The Defense looks stacked to me, love our depth on the DL in Ossai, Gunter, Zach Carter and then we added Jay Tulele
who could be much better than anything Shelvin would offer at NT. The LB's are the X-factor with Logan Wilson who 
could become a star and ADG and his immense talent breaking out since the game is slowing down for him finally.

The Secondary is one of the tops especially after adding Dax Hill, CTB (once healthy), Tycen Anderson and Allan George
having a fine Preseason.
Reply/Quote
I believe right now Burrow is the only QB on the roster so…

QB: A+
Reply/Quote