Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Article on The Ringer about Dalton and the Bengals
Pretty spot on. Andy has always needed everything around him to be almost perfect to elevate his game. One missed block or wrong route and you get The Dalton Line Andy. It’s like a bad ripple effect that always leads directly to Andy making a mistake or bad decision. The thing that gets me though is the Prime Time/Playoff games. We have had games where players around him were healthy and playing as well as they should yet Andy still struggled. For the most part the whole team has looked like trash around him in these games but I’m now sure how this article explains Daltons poor play in the few games when it was solely him.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2019, 12:56 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: For anyone who was watching, we knew what Dalton was 5 years ago. The dreamers kept thinking he was going to excel but it was clear he was limited and his game regressed the brighter the lights.

This pretty much sums it up for me. These message forums became boring because every debate became about Dalton. The weird thing was that the entire nation knew what Dalton was but the fanboys didn't want to hear it. I've heard just about every excuse in the book for Andy Dalton and after a while i said i've had enough. Now i do not partake in any debate about him but luckily fans seem to realize he's not the answer. Marvin Lewis and Andy Dalton were the perfect match, it's time to move on from both.
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2019, 05:53 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Pretty spot on. Andy has always needed everything around him to be almost perfect to elevate his game. One missed block or wrong route and you get The Dalton Line Andy. It’s like a bad ripple effect that always leads directly to Andy making a mistake or bad decision. The thing that gets me though is the Prime Time/Playoff games. We have had games where players around him were healthy and playing as well as they should yet Andy still struggled. For the most part the whole team has looked like trash around him in these games but I’m now sure how this article explains Daltons poor play in the few games when it was solely him.

Everyone kept thinking that the prime time thing was all Marvin's fault so regardless of Dalton's performance his fanboys put 100% blame on Marvin.  It was an absurd argument because nobody could ever fault Dalton.  Same thing for his utterly horrid playoff performances.
Reply/Quote
(10-03-2019, 01:15 PM)shanebo Wrote: https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2019/10/3/20896664/andy-dalton-cincinnati-bengals-quarterback-litmus-test

Nothing really new to us, but I think the author hits the nail on the head.  One line summary:  Dalton is a perfectly average NFL QB, but he can't carry a team without an offensive line, receivers, or a run game.

Is there any NFL QB who can carry a team without an OL, WRs, or run game?

(10-03-2019, 01:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The term "The Dalton Line" was coined years ago and it's a real thing. Perhaps he will gain fame such as Mario Mendoza

A slightly more flattering term than the Mendoza Line at least since the Dalton Line is the dividing line of acceptable franchise QBs, and Mendoza is the bare minimum to even be in MLB at all.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Please show me the Super Bowl winning QBs that had nothing around them but they elevated everybody up to his level.

Apparently, from what my sources tell me, Aaron Rogers did it once and Drew Brees did it once.

Amazing that they could only do it with a supposed shitty team once. That is soooo weird. You'd think that they'd be able to do it anytime because they've been on dozens of non-Super Bowl winning teams but didn't pull it off. Hmmm. Maybe those two teams that they won with were pretty good.

Dalton's not great but when you build your team around a great QB and he goes down, you're screwed. When you build a good team around a good QB, your back-up should be able to step in with little dropoff. Dalton was 10-2 in 2015 when he broke his thumb then AJ McCarron went 2-2 with the same team and had a very big hand in Dalton's third loss. Either Dalton is better the Cincinnati Bengals than people give him credit for or McCarron was vastly over rated.

This team is 1-11 in it's last 12 games and 2-13 in their last 15. The only two wins were against a pathetic Raiders team and a three point win when they almost blew the Buccaneers game. Upgrading from Dalton is not going to be as easy as some of you think.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(10-05-2019, 05:53 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Pretty spot on. Andy has always needed everything around him to be almost perfect to elevate his game.

This just is not true at all.

(10-04-2019, 12:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dalton had a Pro Bowl season when the rushing game ranked 21st, Brandon LaFell was his #2 WR, Eifert only played 8 games, and Bodine and Ogbuehi were starting on his O-line.  That is far from "everything going perfectly".
Reply/Quote