Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Breakdowns by Voch Lombardi
(01-28-2017, 11:22 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Or the CB opposite him was so bad opponents said "Yea, that guy's alright, but this guy over here is terrible. We'll just throw over there."

Either way, if the opposition is not even looking his way for whatever reason, then he could be making mistakes that he wasn't paying for, hampering his progression.

I like seeing high PD high INT corners because it means they have been tested and have succeeded.
Green Conley was on the other side who is projected of late first-mid second pick. IDK from what I saw he was always on his man.
(01-28-2017, 02:00 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Actually, you'll see in some of his tape where he was beat but has great recovery speed to get to the ball. That's going to be something to watch out for in the NFL. Guys are much faster in the NFL. Although he has some of the best fluid hips I've seen in this draft.

My biggest concerns with him are his lack of playing time and also some games where he isn't tested much. Now that's not always a bad thing, but with someone who's had really one full year and the others riddled with injuries, you need as much tape you can get. He played mostly press coverage and wasn't attacked deep much.

There's a lot of positives about Lattimore. But this is also the deepest cornerback class in quite some time.
As far as recovery speed that was the same thing with wjiii, a lot of great corners in college they try to bait the qb. Personally I think he would have started over eli apple but he has been hampered with lower leg injuries his first 2 years. Didn't have any this year thankfully.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2017, 12:57 AM)Shady Wrote: Voch still thinks he is the best LB in the draft. I think good coaching can clean up his hesitation, if that's the issue.  I think he just works super hard to keep the ball in front of him. Maybe that's what Sagan demands of his Mike. He attacks when he has a clean path to ball carrier. Otherwise, he holds back and waits for the back to commit. He responds in time for minimal game. I'm ok with drafting him.

Well, he also talked about how he would wait until the play was past him then he had to turn his hips.

In Voch's view, if a LB ever has to turn his hips, it's because he was out of position. He should be skating along with the RB and then, when the RB gets to the LoS, he'll be able to go downhill on the RB, rather than have to catch him from the side of behind.

And then there's the hesitation. The iffy pass coverage skills. There were a couple of plays where he didn't even seem to know the play call, doing things Voch had never seen before (Like apparently having Man to man responsibility of the TE who was lined up on the other side of the offense.

And Voch also criticized his awareness, which is incredibly important for a LB of his kind.

I dunno. Makes me worried. If we are going to take a LB in the first round, I'd prefer it be a Kuechly type, not a Ragland type. Voch basically described Foster as a slightly faster Ragland after all.
Reply/Quote