Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great Chess Match Coming Sunday.....
Can't wait to watch to see how the Bengal offense attacks the Seahawk defense, the dreaded "Legion of Boom".

Based on what I saw last night on MNF in base formations the Seahawks like their corners to press, really get in the face of the wide outs. They employ a safety high and essentially let the remainder of the defense hover within a few yards of the LOS. It will be very difficult to run against this formation and they put their 2 LB's in the A gaps to create confusion; sometimes they blitz while other times dropping back. It will be interesting to see what Hue comes up with. I'm not a coach but I'd stretch them out with 5 wides to pull those dudes away from the line and pound the rock. And when not doing this Andy's smarts will really come into play with his pre-snap reads.

On defense it's "appears" to be pretty simple, get pressure with 4 and spy Russell Wilson. He has a knack for evading the rush, throwing outside the pocket or running to pick up first downs. Stop this and we should be golden. Of course that's easier said than done. Can't wait to see how it all goes.

That's my two cents based on my untrained scouting report. What's yours?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 08:23 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Can't wait to watch to see how the Bengal offense attacks the Seahawk defense, the dreaded "Legion of Boom".

Based on what I saw last night on MNF in base formations the Seahawks like their corners to press, really get in the face of the wide outs.  They employ a safety high and essentially let the remainder of the defense hover within a few yards of the LOS.  It will be very difficult to run against this formation and they put their 2 LB's in the A gaps to create confusion; sometimes they blitz while other times dropping back.  It will be interesting to see what Hue comes up with.  I'm not a coach but I'd stretch them out with 5 wides to pull those dudes away from the line and pound the rock.  And when not doing this Andy's smarts will really come into play with his pre-snap reads.

On defense it's "appears" to be pretty simple, get pressure with 4 and spy Russell Wilson.  He has a knack for evading the rush, throwing outside the pocket or running to pick up first downs.  Stop this and we should be golden.  Of course that's easier said than done.  Can't wait to see how it all goes.

That's my two cents based on my untrained scouting report.  What's yours?

Our offense faces their toughest test of the year. The Seahawks defense is the real deal. Their pass defense is awesome. I agree, our defense needs to dominate their offense. This should be a very low scoring game.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 08:23 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Can't wait to watch to see how the Bengal offense attacks the Seahawk defense, the dreaded "Legion of Boom".

Based on what I saw last night on MNF in base formations the Seahawks like their corners to press, really get in the face of the wide outs.  They employ a safety high and essentially let the remainder of the defense hover within a few yards of the LOS.  It will be very difficult to run against this formation and they put their 2 LB's in the A gaps to create confusion; sometimes they blitz while other times dropping back.  It will be interesting to see what Hue comes up with.  I'm not a coach but I'd stretch them out with 5 wides to pull those dudes away from the line and pound the rock.  And when not doing this Andy's smarts will really come into play with his pre-snap reads.

On defense it's "appears" to be pretty simple, get pressure with 4 and spy Russell Wilson.  He has a knack for evading the rush, throwing outside the pocket or running to pick up first downs.  Stop this and we should be golden.  Of course that's easier said than done.  Can't wait to see how it all goes.

Game will be entirely different if Beast Mode is healthy.  Not having him showed Wilson is NOT the elite QB he is made out to be.  He better pray they re-load at RB because if Lynch retires, Wilson is going to have a much tougher time with his play-action bootlegs. 
Reply/Quote
Depends on how the refs will whistle the Pass Interference the Hawks often do without penalties.
Reply/Quote
After Sherman their other CBs are average, no reason M Jones and M Sanu can't exploit this weakness.

Their safeties are very very good so Dalton is going to have to look them off a lot and perhaps do a some pump fakes.

Also lots of screens and getting Gio and Rex the ball in space.

My biggest concern is the Defense not letting R Wilson scramble all over the place.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote

I'm not great at math or anything, but if we have five wides, then we wouldn't have anybody that's left that's eligible to be in the backfield, so how would we pound the ball?   Wink

The only weakness that I think Seattle's D has that we can expose is their troubles covering the tight end, which this site verifies that by saying that they're ranked 30th in covering TEs, so I'd line up in two TE sets with Hill as a lone set-back and attack them up the seams- make Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas earn it and keep Kam out of the box.  That would also leave AJ single covered on Sherman, which Sherman's damn good, but it's AJ.

Definitely pound the ball with Hill 25 times.

On defense, get after Wilson.  He looked like he was struggling against a rush, and none of their receivers worry me, not to mention that they're not using Graham properly, so sell-out to stop the run but make sure to keep an extra eye on Graham just in case, but none of their other receivers worry me.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 09:25 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm not great at math or anything, but if we have five wides, then we wouldn't have anybody that's left that's eligible to be in the backfield, so how would we pound the ball?   Wink

The only weakness that I think Seattle's D has that we can expose is their troubles covering the tight end, which this site verifies that by saying that they're ranked 30th in covering TEs, so I'd line up in two TE sets with Hill as a lone set-back and attack them up the seams- make Kam Chancellor and Earl Thomas earn it and keep Kam out of the box.  That would also leave AJ single covered on Sherman, which Sherman's damn good, but it's AJ.

On defense, get after Wilson.  He looked like he was struggling against a rush, and none of their receivers worry me, not to mention that they're not using Graham properly, so sell-out to stop the run but make sure to keep an extra eye on Graham just in case, but none of their other receivers worry me.

Got me on that one, too early in the morning I guess!!  So 4 wides and pound the rock.  I also think this could be a day to utilize Rex Burkhead's quickness in the slot. 
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 09:25 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: I'm not great at math or anything, but if we have five wides, then we wouldn't have anybody that's left that's eligible to be in the backfield, so how would we pound the ball?   Wink

TE stat is miss leading because they got crushed against the TE while Chancelor was out. Chancelor isn't great in coverage but far better than the guy who there replacing him during the first two games.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 09:13 AM)corpjet Wrote: After Sherman their other CBs are average, no reason M Jones and M Sanu can't exploit this weakness.

Their safeties are very very good so Dalton is going to have to look them off a lot and perhaps do a some pump fakes.

Also lots of screens and getting Gio and Rex the ball in space.

My biggest concern is the Defense not letting R Wilson scramble all over the place.

After watching some of the Seattle game last night, I'd say our defense should blitz more often and play man on the back end.

Wilson doesn't appear to like getting knocked around and our DL needs to do some knocking. A couple of timely turnovers are in order.

Reply/Quote
If Detroit can get that much pressure on Wilson (Hawk's O-line is bad), I expect the Bengals front 4 to give them fits,
Just have to stop Wilson from slipping away and sack him when we have the chance,(he has been sacked more than any QB this season).
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 08:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Game will be entirely different if Beast Mode is healthy.  Not having him showed Wilson is NOT the elite QB he is made out to be.  He better pray they re-load at RB because if Lynch retires, Wilson is going to have a much tougher time with his play-action bootlegs. 

I don't know, the way their O-line played, there won't be much running room.  I couldn't believe how many times their running back was taken out before he even got back to the line.

If they come here with that line, they won't score 13 points.  Detroit's D is horrible and they held them down on the road.  
Reply/Quote
Detroits D has a lot of playmakers in the front 7 and was a top defensive unit last year.

At the same time, Bengals have an even better front four. They will probably attack our linebackers like most teams, and we will bend but not break similar to last week. KC actually had playmakers on their team, where Seattle doesn't without Lynch... Graham has looked pedestrian.

I think our D should have a really great time since we are in Cincinnati. Crowd has already sold out and is going to be pumped to take it to the Hawks.

Who Dey!
Reply/Quote
Lynch is going to play, according to reports I heard today. So defensive priority 1 is to stop the run. Priority 2 is to keep Wilson in the pocket. Dunlap and MJ contain rush on the outside, Geno and Gilberry with pressure inside. Not sexy, but smart, fundamental defense. Only real adjustment I would make is to spy Wilson on 3rd downs and in the red zone.

Offensively, keep taking whatever they give us. All our weapons make a defense pick their poison and as long as Andy keeps making sound pre-snap adjustments, we should be able to move the ball and score. Their defense is good but they are much better at home than on the road.

23-10 Bengals.
Reply/Quote
STs have to contain Lockett, too. I still wish he was in Stripes.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(10-06-2015, 09:30 AM)Daddy-O Wrote: Got me on that one, too early in the morning I guess!!  So 4 wides and pound the rock.  I also think this could be a day to utilize Rex Burkhead's quickness in the slot. 
It happens!  No worries!

I'd rather have Gio and his quickness in the slot over Bulkhead, and, truth be told, I'd like to see us put Kroft in and utilize the two-tight end sets, even if one is technically in the slot.
(10-06-2015, 09:42 AM)Au165 Wrote: TE stat is miss leading because they got crushed against the TE while Chancelor was out. Chancelor isn't great in coverage but far better than the guy who there replacing him during the first two games.

True, but if he needs to keep an eye on Tyler, it at least keeps something else on his mind, where he can't just load the box or roam the secondary and look for someone to kill.
Reply/Quote

Can't have 5 WRs with a RB too (unless you do a wildcat -- No QB but that would kind of give away the run...).
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Another weakness, though some don't see it that way is, Sherman can only play one side of the field.

Some thinks this takes away one side of the field and that in itself is a reason Sherman is so great.

I on the other hand feel this is a big weakness. Since that means you can have guys like AJ and Jones on the opposite side, drawing the lesser CBs and have Sanu drawing Sherman.

Get Gio running in the flat on the side of Green and Jones and he should be about to get big gains all day. Especially if Eifert is taking care of the middle of the field.

Switch it up from time to time and see what Green can do against Sherman, but the main package for me would be Green and Jones opposite of Sherman, with Sanu drawing Sherman.

The Packers tried this at one point and failed due to not having the talent at WR that we have at the time. I don't know if that was their strategy during week 2 but I think it is a great way to take Sherman out of the game.
Reply/Quote
I got a prediction for this game...

Just one good time this needs to and will happen.

Geno will be collapsing the pocket and rt when Wilson goes for that goddam spin he always uses to evade pressure....CD absolutely drills him mid spin, mouthpiece and ball goes flying....mj catches the fumble before in the air and rumbles for a td.

Cuz **** that goddam spin move. And **** Russell Wilson. He can **** off!!
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
Our offense will dominate their defense and our defense will play average again. That's the worst part, as Seattle's Defense is very good and their offense is average to below average, making the game even.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote