Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Great News! (Bernard ready for camp)
(07-26-2017, 01:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Much more unpredictable than Gio and Hill for sure and Mixon has ten times the vision that Hill has.

If Gio is back to his old self this could be a great RB combo.

This is my feeling as well. 

Gio could compliment Mixon well and be great in limited action with Big Joe getting the lions share. 

Hill I am done with. Although believe he will be highly motivated suddenly with Mixons addition. 

Believe Hill may be better because of it, yet Mixon appears to be head and shoulders better. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 01:58 PM)Go Cards Wrote: This is my feeling as well. 

Gio could compliment Mixon well and be great in limited action with Big Joe getting the lions share. 

Hill I am done with. Although believe he will be highly motivated suddenly with Mixons addition. 

Believe Hill may be better because of it, yet Mixon appears to be head and shoulders better. 

Mixon is head and shoulders better. I know he is a rookie but this guys vision, hands, stiff arm, route running were better
than any other RB in this class and his size and athleticism are extremely special. All this to go along with the fact he was
the best pass protector in this class makes me feel it will be very hard for the coaches not to give him the lion's share.

But Gio is special in his own respect if he is back to his old self. His after the catch ability along with his spin moves are fun
to watch, he just needs to stop being hesitant and the Offense needs to avoid putting him in bad situations on outside
screens and in the passing game.

Not good letting him get set up and speared.

But that is the thing about adding Ross, DB's won't be able to sit on Gio as the only other guy to stop besides Green now.
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2017, 06:23 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Hoping they give Gio some looks as a returner. I've been waiting on that for years.

Gio doesn't have the long distance speed in order to get TDs on returns in the NFL.

His last rush of 30+ yards was Week 6 of 2014. He's a movement and quick burst kind of guy, not a footrace kind of guy.

He'd get caught from behind every time on returns.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Glad to hear he's healthy. Hope he stays that way
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 01:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Much more unpredictable than Gio and Hill for sure and Mixon has ten times the vision that Hill has.

If Gio is back to his old self this could be a great RB combo.

Let's wait and see how he adjusts to the speed of the pro game, before we go anointing him the next Walter Payton..  For the record, if you look back to Hill's rookie season, when he was breaking all those long runs for TDs, he appeared to have great vision.  Everyone started thinking that he was going to be the next Corey Dillon.  What changed?  He now gets caught dancing in the backfield, and can't seem to put one foot in front of the other, without tripping himself up.

If Hill would just go back to his instinctive style of hitting the hole like a rocket, keeping his eyes focused down field, he would do much better.  Perhaps I'm wrong, though.  Maybe he took too many hard shots in '15, and lost his nerve..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 01:39 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Don't forget Brandon Wilson either who was one hell of a returner at Houston.

We were really decimated by injuries at the TE position last year weren't we?

Should help immensely having atleast a few of these guys healthy.

Really like Hewitt at H-back man the guy is versatile and can hurt teams both blocking and catching the ball.

With Eifert back and Uzi and Kroft we have some major talent.

Kroft was good as a rookie, you could definately see the injury lingered with him.

Didn't know Uzomah was injured last year.

The TE screen always seems to just get first downs and more. Need to see this play much more often.

It was interesting when I was talking the draft with them...They felt going in to last year that the TE position group was one of their deepest and most talented and every single one had significant injuries.  That is why I am so excited about this season...

Talent and depth at WR, RB, and TE.  Combine that with a 30lbs heavier and stronger Fisher next to a massive man in Andre Smith, and Ced finally getting a healthy camp.
Reply/Quote
Good job Giovani.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 07:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Let's wait and see how he adjusts to the speed of the pro game, before we go anointing him the next Walter Payton..  For the record, if you look back to Hill's rookie season, when he was breaking all those long runs for TDs, he appeared to have great vision.  Everyone started thinking that he was going to be the next Corey Dillon.  What changed?  He now gets caught dancing in the backfield, and can't seem to put one foot in front of the other, without tripping himself up.

If Hill would just go back to his instinctive style of hitting the hole like a rocket, keeping his eyes focused down field, he would do much better.  Perhaps I'm wrong, though.  Maybe he took too many hard shots in '15, and lost his nerve..

Well of course lets see, i just hope Mixon gets his snaps while Hill has his head up his ass.

Mixon is known for his vision though Sunset, he is the best RB to come out in a decade to have this kind of vision in
many people's opinions. I don't know what the hell is wrong with Hill but he is not the brightest bulb in the chandelier
either. He tried to re-invent himself, never a good idea when you were already playing well as a rookie.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 07:16 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: It was interesting when I was talking the draft with them...They felt going in to last year that the TE position group was one of their deepest and most talented and every single one had significant injuries.  That is why I am so excited about this season...

Talent and depth at WR, RB, and TE.  Combine that with a 30lbs heavier and stronger Fisher next to a massive man in Andre Smith, and Ced finally getting a healthy camp.

Love hearing this stuff man. Cool

Hewitt could be the best H-back in the NFL if he is healthy and instills physicality and versatility.

Kroft was very good as a rookie and can block and catch.

Uzomah has the size and speed of Gronk and if he runs better routes and Dalton sees him lmao he could be a star never know.

We all know how good Eifert is when he is healthy...

Og and Fish look buff and mean from the pics. They aren't frickin' around this Offseason.

They know. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 09:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well of course lets see, i just hope Mixon gets his snaps while Hill has his head up his ass.

Mixon is known for his vision though Sunset, he is the best RB to come out in a decade to have this kind of vision in
many people's opinions. I don't know what the hell is wrong with Hill but he is not the brightest bulb in the chandelier
either. He tried to re-invent himself, never a good idea when you were already playing well as a rookie.

Like I said, we'll have to wait and see.  Many Oklahoma players in recent history have been thought to be great, but did very little at the pro level.  I know this is reaching back into the time machine, but do you remember Brian Bosworth??

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 09:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Like I said, we'll have to wait and see.  Many Oklahoma players in recent history have been thought to be great, but did very little at the pro level.  I know this is reaching back into the time machine, but do you remember Brian Bosworth??

Yes and i also remember Adrian Peterson.

Not saying Mixon is going to be AP but this guy has tons of tools that not many RB's have and vision is usually the #1
quality i find in a RB. This and balance, he has both and pretty much every other tool. Mixon would of been my guy in
this last draft at 9 if not for that vid, maybe even over Ross man. That is how good of a RB i think he could be.

Not just hyping this guy up cause he is a Bengal, maybe a little lol

But you cannot deny this young fellas talent.

Vision, balance, hands, size, burst, stiff arm and great route running. Dude can split out as a WR if we needed.

Maybe not the gamebreaker of a Dalvin Cook but probably the better overall back to take the carries all game long.
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 09:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Like I said, we'll have to wait and see.  Many Oklahoma players in recent history have been thought to be great, but did very little at the pro level.  I know this is reaching back into the time machine, but do you remember Brian Bosworth??

I've been trying to think of this guy for a few minutes now, I was thinking he was from Oklahoma but it's Nebraska. Anyways FWIW

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lawrence_Phillips
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 09:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love hearing this stuff man. Cool

Hewitt could be the best H-back in the NFL if he is healthy and instills physicality and versatility.

Kroft was very good as a rookie and can block and catch.

Uzomah has the size and speed of Gronk and if he runs better routes and Dalton sees him lmao he could be a star never know.

We all know how good Eifert is when he is healthy...

Og and Fish look buff and mean from the pics. They aren't frickin' around this Offseason.

They know. Mellow

Dead on about Uzo...he is my dark horse for a big season.  If Eifert isn't careful, Uzo might send him packing (for a 3rd round compensatory pick, no doubt) and get himself a big pay day.  Love the competition and Kroft has to be looking at a lot of bench time if he doesn't show something.  

What you said about Og and Fish...they also don't want to be the one that stands between the Bengals and a huge year.  No one wants to be that guy.  I think the offseason and the full camps will be huge for them...I mean, how much could they have gotten last year?  Especially Fish?  When the world is looking down on you and no one seems to believe in you, there are two choices:  fold up your tents and leave, or come out swinging and ready to prove yourself.  I'm betting the latter....and with Smith able to back up RT, if Ced falters at LT, they will likely move Fisher over there.  No one is being handed anything.  
Reply/Quote
(07-26-2017, 09:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well of course lets see, i just hope Mixon gets his snaps while Hill has his head up his ass.

Part of the intrigue of this season is a guy like Hill goes nuts and has his best season ever, relegating Gio and Mixon to "supporting roles" where they average 5 ypc and catch a ton of balls out of the backfield. 

If a few strange things happen like this, plus a guy like Uzo and Boyd take steps to the next level, Ross and Core become the stuff that gives DBs indigestion, and the young DEs end up being the asskickers I think they can be....well, that is how championship squads are created.  
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 12:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Part of the intrigue of this season is a guy like Hill goes nuts and has his best season ever, relegating Gio and Mixon to "supporting roles" where they average 5 ypc and catch a ton of balls out of the backfield. 

If a few strange things happen like this, plus a guy like Uzo and Boyd take steps to the next level, Ross and Core become the stuff that gives DBs indigestion, and the young DEs end up being the asskickers I think they can be....well, that is how championship squads are created.  

This is Mike Brown when he reads fan reaction like this...

[Image: latest?cb=20100702150413]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-25-2017, 03:36 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: [size=medium]Gio just hasn't been the same since the Shazier hit from i have seen.

I have felt the same way. You can sense he plays with a hint of fear now. I hope he snaps out of it. However, he's still better than Hill.

Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 12:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Dead on about Uzo...he is my dark horse for a big season.  If Eifert isn't careful, Uzo might send him packing (for a 3rd round compensatory pick, no doubt) and get himself a big pay day.  Love the competition and Kroft has to be looking at a lot of bench time if he doesn't show something.  

What you said about Og and Fish...they also don't want to be the one that stands between the Bengals and a huge year.  No one wants to be that guy.  I think the offseason and the full camps will be huge for them...I mean, how much could they have gotten last year?  Especially Fish?  When the world is looking down on you and no one seems to believe in you, there are two choices:  fold up your tents and leave, or come out swinging and ready to prove yourself.  I'm betting the latter....and with Smith able to back up RT, if Ced falters at LT, they will likely move Fisher over there.  No one is being handed anything.  

I wouldn't sleep on Shreck either.  Kroft, IMO, will be in a camp battle with this kid. 
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 12:26 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Dead on about Uzo...he is my dark horse for a big season.  If Eifert isn't careful, Uzo might send him packing (for a 3rd round compensatory pick, no doubt) and get himself a big pay day.  Love the competition and Kroft has to be looking at a lot of bench time if he doesn't show something.  

I just hope the coaches know how to adjust if some things go wrong. Last year they did not, this is my only concern.

Will they move Fisher to LT and Andre to RT if Ogbuehi struggles?

I am just hoping Og plays well and all indications are he will thank goodness.

(07-27-2017, 12:47 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Part of the intrigue of this season is a guy like Hill goes nuts and has his best season ever, relegating Gio and Mixon to "supporting roles" where they average 5 ypc and catch a ton of balls out of the backfield. 

I just don't know about Hill man, seems like once again instead of bulking up in the Offseason and trying to be the
bell cow back that he is that he trimmed down and is trying to be a scat back. I just don't think he gets what makes
him a good back. It is when he doesn't hesitate, it is when he just hits that hole and runs with conviction.

No dancing around.

This is why i like Mixon with his vision, but hey whoever helps the team helps the team and i hope the competition
is crazy strong like you say. We have some damn fine players when they play up to their potential, even Hill.

(07-27-2017, 01:25 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: This is Mike Brown when he reads fan reaction like this...

[Image: latest?cb=20100702150413]

Haha but still SHRacer is right about our players, we have tons of talent on this squad, more than ever IMHO.

(07-27-2017, 08:03 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I have felt the same way. You can sense he plays with a hint of fear now. I hope he snaps out of it. However, he's still better than Hill.

Exactly.

(07-27-2017, 11:43 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I wouldn't sleep on Shreck either.  Kroft, IMO, will be in a camp battle with this kid. 

Yeah, he has some great highlights. He looked like Gronk in college good ole Schreck.

We are deep at TE if they can stay healthy. Very interesting battles.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 12:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote:  hope 

hoping

i hope

Haha but still SHRacer is right about our players, we have tons of talent on this squad, more than ever IMHO.

I left some key words from your post, before you answered me.

Besides that, it's the same refrain every year. And in the same way, "more than ever". The results...  the same. 

Some of the posts i'm reading are borderline ridiculous with the amount of hype and comparisons being posted about people that haven't done jack in the league. 

But whatev. People are going to get overly jacked and then when January rolls around...same disappointment and pledge of "never again". Then July will roll around and people will overly hype the next batch of new guys. 

As long as the front office stays status quo, so will the results. And the resulting reactions. 

I ain't falling into that bullshit again. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2017, 08:53 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I left some key words from your post, before you answered me.

Besides that, it's the same refrain every year. And in the same way, "more than ever". The results...  the same. 

Some of the posts i'm reading are borderline ridiculous with the amount of hype and comparisons being posted about people that haven't done jack in the league. 

But whatev. People are going to get overly jacked and then when January rolls around...same disappointment and pledge of "never again". Then July will roll around and people will overly hype the next batch of new guys. 

As long as the front office stays status quo, so will the results. And the resulting reactions. 

I ain't falling into that bullshit again. 

Whatev yourself. Go ahead and do what you want. I am telling you if this team stays healthy it is going to be a very
exciting season on both sides of the ball. This Defense is loaded, i have been calling for getting rid of Peko and
Maualuga for years and replacing them with players that are somewhat versatile.

I wouldn't of replaced them with anyone different than Billings and Minter.

Hard for me to ever see us winning a Playoff game with Marv at the helm but i am not going to be negative about
the season as we have been one of the best regular season teams in the league over the last 7 years.

Lighten up and enjoy some football for God sake. Whatever
Reply/Quote