Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Great Super Bowl, Mahomes is a stud like him or not
I was hoping for a 49ers win, but my hat is off for Mahomes. It will be interesting how their off season goes, Chris Jones solidified a huge contract this season. I am guessing someone pays him 4 years for 123 million with 60% guaranteed.

I would love him, I just don't see Bengals signing him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
Was a good game, defences largely took over, until the end... when Mahomes took over. As soon as SF had to settle for 3 in OT I knew that was it. Made the plays that mattered. How big was the blocked XP though?
Reply/Quote
I thought KC was ****** with how badly their OL was playing early on, but Pat really took over in the 2nd half and OT. Especially with his legs.

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 01:29 AM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: How big was the blocked XP though?

It could be argued that - that was the game IMO

Arggggg
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 01:35 AM)Whacked Wrote: It could be argued that - that was the game IMO

Arggggg

I think it was. There was a lot of time left, but if the rest of the game remains the same... the Chiefs need a TD at the end of regulation. Im not sure they get it.
Reply/Quote
Thankfully we have Burrow, otherwise taking Ross over Mahommes because we "didn't need a QB" would kinda hurt.
Reply/Quote
Good Frisco lost. Hilarious

Now the 49ers feel what it is like to lose to the same team twice in the Superbowl. Whatever
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
SF got screwed in the end. Bosa got freaking mugged on a 3rd down conversion on the KC tying FG drive at the end of the 4th. Any other team and they call it.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm not a fan, but Mahomes is clearly a GOAT QB and NFL player. Only Brady, Bradshaw, and Montana have won more Super Bowls. He's tied with Aikman at 3 wins and has many years ahead of him to get the fourth win and more.

I suppose we'll hear a lot about him chasing Brady in the next 5 to 7 years. Let's hope Burrow derails Mahomes from winning it all at least once while getting his own Super Bowl victory.

I'm jealous of KC fans.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 10:43 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm not a fan, but Mahomes is clearly a GOAT QB and NFL player. Only Brady, Bradshaw, and Montana have won more Super Bowls. He's tied with Aikman at 3 wins and has many years ahead of him to get the fourth win and more.

I suppose we'll hear a lot about him chasing Brady in the next 5 to 7 years. Let's hope Burrow derails Mahomes from winning it all at least once while getting his own Super Bowl victory.

I'm jealous of KC fans.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLHb7IvuEeUXvCYTfBgmq...w&usqp=CAU][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8z9jzoOzIQY1MrtOSHjZ...Q&usqp=CAU]

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS6iHpA23QSnD_frqObRgy...A&usqp=CAU]

*Brady has 7 Championships in 22 years.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 11:15 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLHb7IvuEeUXvCYTfBgmq...w&usqp=CAU]

I'm aware of who Otto Graham is and his exceptional career. Obviously, as a pre-Super Bowl era QB he doesn't make the list for Super Bowl wins by QB.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 01:38 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Thankfully we have Burrow, otherwise taking Ross over Mahommes because we "didn't need a QB" would kinda hurt.

Yes, I recall watching a preseason game that yr VS Chiefs and this rookie Pat Mahomes was just carving up our D making play after play and I was thinking how the F did we not draft this guy ?
Add in picking John Ross right before KC and it stings even more now. But looking at our 'micro Dept" of scouts compared to rest of league it make sense now how we are challenged on talent evals. 
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 11:18 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm aware of who Otto Graham is and his exceptional career. Obviously, as a pre-Super Bowl era QB he doesn't make the list for Super Bowl wins by QB.

Pre-Super Bowl era [before 1966] stats are as essential as MLB, NBA, NHL, College Football, and College Basketball are.

For instance, Babe Ruth's Home Runs of 714 were all before 1966. Or his home run tallies were before Blacks were allowed to play in the MLB.
Here we have different eras, but his record of 714 HR's still counted until Hank Aaron broke it in 1974.

In the NHL there were 6 teams in the league in 1917 and their records still stand. They have the same amount of teams as the NFL today 32.

In College Football we have a playoff now, prior to that was voting for a Champion and several times you had dual Champions, but those record still count even though it was a different era.

In College Basketball the NCAA tournament went from 8 teams to over 64 teams, but the record amount of wins still counts from different eras, they started counting championships in 1939.

Therefore a record in 1965 of the NFL still stands today regardless of the marketing geniuses of the NFL with their SuperBowl.

Speaking of 1965 Bart Starr won the NFL Championship in that year plus 1966 and 1967. He won three Championships in a row or you saying the 1965 Championship doesn't count, since the "Super Bowl" starts in 1966 and he won only two Championships? 

[Image: s-l1200.webp]

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 07:16 AM)cinci4life Wrote: SF got screwed in the end. Bosa got freaking mugged on a 3rd down conversion on the KC tying FG drive at the end of the 4th. Any other team and they call it.

They were getting mugged all 2nd Half, I saw at least 3 uncalled holds, a further 2 my father saw and Duke Manyweather said on Twitter, "the refs are letting the lines play this half."

I think KC was super fortunate, IMO.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 12:31 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Pre-Super Bowl era [before 1966] stats are as essential as MLB, NBA, NHL, College Football, and College Basketball are.

For instance, Babe Ruth's Home Runs of 714 were all before 1966. Or his home run tallies were before Blacks were allowed to play in the MLB.
Here we have different eras, but his record of 714 HR's still counted until Hank Aaron broke it in 1974.

In the NHL there were 6 teams in the league in 1917 and their records still stand. They have the same amount of teams as the NFL today 32.

In College Football we have a playoff now, prior to that was voting for a Champion and several times you had dual Champions, but those record still count even though it was a different era.

In College Basketball the NCAA tournament went from 8 teams to over 64 teams, but the record amount of wins still counts from different eras, they started counting championships in 1939.

Therefore a record in 1965 of the NFL still stands today regardless of the marketing geniuses of the NFL with their SuperBowl.

Speaking of 1965 Bart Starr won the NFL Championship in that year plus 1966 and 1967. He won three Championships in a row or you saying the 1965 Championship doesn't count, since the "Super Bowl" starts in 1966 and he won only two Championships? 

[Image: s-l1200.webp]

I'm not sure why you're addressing me with all this information.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 11:15 AM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTLHb7IvuEeUXvCYTfBgmq...w&usqp=CAU][Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8z9jzoOzIQY1MrtOSHjZ...Q&usqp=CAU]

Most of Graham's championships were not in the NFL but the AAFC. The league consisted of eight teams, six of which folded in 1949 when the league folded. If you want to argue the merits of pre-Super Bowl accomplishments then I think that is a valid (and fun) discussion to have. However, when you start trying to argue for the merit of pre-Super Bowl and non-NFL accomplishments, your argument loses quite a bit of steam. 

In reality, the games are so different than trying to compare Graham to Brady is essentially useless. They can be fun to talk about, and Graham was an incredibly dominant player but any comparisons don't really make any sense. 
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 12:36 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: They were getting mugged all 2nd Half, I saw at least 3 uncalled holds, a further 2 my father saw and Duke Manyweather said on Twitter, "the refs are letting the lines play this half."

I think KC was super fortunate, IMO.

I noticed some obvious no-calls as well.  Seemed like they were always on a play where momentum would have shifted, had the flag been thrown.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I like Patrick Mahomes. I am not a fan of his wife or brother.

I like Andy Reid

I dislike Travis Kelce

I dislike (yet understand) the NFL's obsession w/ Ta-Ta
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 01:36 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: Most of Graham's championships were not in the NFL but the AAFC. The league consisted of eight teams, six of which folded in 1949 when the league folded. If you want to argue the merits of pre-Super Bowl accomplishments then I think that is a valid (and fun) discussion to have. However, when you start trying to argue for the merit of pre-Super Bowl and non-NFL accomplishments, your argument loses quite a bit of steam. 

In reality, the games are so different than trying to compare Graham to Brady is essentially useless. They can be fun to talk about, and Graham was an incredibly dominant player but any comparisons don't really make any sense. 

Ahhh, you conveniently forget a few facts.

1. The 1950 Browns in their first game of the season DOMINATED the defending 1949 NFL Champions Philadelphia Eagles.
2. The "Expansion" team Browns won the 1950 NFL Championship.
3. The NFL Commissioner Bert Bell called the Browns "The Greatest Team of All-Time".

Ergo, if the best team of the XFL, CFL or USFL DOMINATES the reigning defending NFL Champion and the opening game of the season and later wins the NFL Championship then by common sense the Browns other rivals of the AAFC were on par with the rest of the NFL.   

Watch and learn. After watching the video tell me what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xOgmjbfF4s

[Image: 515jl6-jL2L.jpg]

As for comparing athletes from different eras I agree. Just like you can't Brady and Otto, you can't compare Brady with Bart Starr that has won 3 NFL Championships in a row including Back to Back SB Championships or Ruth and Aaron or Chamberland and Jordan. What you can compare and contrast is the amount of Championships a team or player has. But I charge that the NFL did not start in 1966 because the league added 9 AFL teams and added 1 round to their playoffs the SB. All other sport leagues have more teams and rounds of playoffs now from yesteryear. Again if Babe Ruth 714 HR stands then Otto's stats should also stand. Otto's records came after Ruth records.    
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 02:04 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I like Patrick Mahomes. I am not a fan of his wife or brother.

Patrick Mahomes is an elite football player surrounded by a bunch of trash individuals in his private life.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote