Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great mock draft!
Yes we do need a wr(no matter what people think) we had the best oline preformance last week and wrs still couldn't consistently get open. So while it's not the biggest need it is a need. With no oline worthy of top 10 pick I trade back with the jets(only trade). Went purely bpa after round 3. Christian wilkins also possibility in round 1

Rd1, p13: courtland sutton wr smu
Rd2, p6: billy price c/g osu
Rd2, p13: wil Hernandez g utep
Rd2, p22:Orlando brown ot Oklahoma
Rd3, p6:Mason Rudolph qb oklahoma state (my qb1)
Rd4, p6:jamarco Jones ot osu
Rd5 p6:Chris Worley ILB osu
Rd6, p6: Marcus Allen fs PSU
Rd7, p30:will gleeson p ole miss
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 02:05 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Yes we do need a wr(no matter what people think) we had the best oline preformance last week and wrs still couldn't consistently get open. So while it's not the biggest need it is a need. With no oline worthy of top 10 pick I trade back with the jets(only trade). Went purely bpa after round 3. Christian wilkins also possibility in round 1

Rd1, p13: courtland sutton wr smu
Rd2, p6: billy price c/g osu
Rd2, p13: wil Hernandez g utep
Rd2, p22:Orlando brown ot Oklahoma
Rd3, p6:Mason Rudolph qb oklahoma state (my qb1)
Rd4, p6:jamarco Jones ot osu
Rd5 p6:Chris Worley ILB osu
Rd6, p6: Marcus Allen fs PSU
Rd7, p30:will gleeson p ole miss

Good draft other than:

1.  WR is a complete joke in the first round.
2.  You have 3 guys that are projected at 1st round picks going in rounds 2-4.
Reply/Quote
I don't mind it. Not going to argue the fact that WR IS a need, but also would be a little upset if we didn't go o-line with our first pick. If we were to go o-line with the next 3 picks I guess that would make up for it. It starts in the trenches, we need to address the o and d-line/front seven big time.
Reply/Quote
WRs are a dime a dozen and we don't need one in the first to be our #2 when we have AJ.

The line should be the priority in the first few and then get a FA WR if you can't get a quality one in the first few.

If there's no offensive linemen worthy in the first, then you trade down to acquire more picks to make sure you get the linemen in the rounds after the first, or even trade picks for other team's linemen.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 05:20 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Good draft other than:

1.  WR is a complete joke in the first round.
2.  You have 3 guys that are projected at 1st round picks going in rounds 2-4.

Ok fine whose our wr2/3 next year Alex Erickson? Who do u trust going up against other cb1 if aj or Ross gets hurt? So yes it's not a joke.  And what players u talking about specifically? Price is expected to go early round 2 as is Hernandez, Rudolph is supposed to go in round 2 sure. Oklahoma tackle is a pure right tackle so he's a second rounder.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 08:18 AM)Takedown Wrote: I don't mind it. Not going to argue the fact that WR IS a need, but also would be a little upset if we didn't go o-line with our first pick. If we were to go o-line with the next 3 picks I guess that would make up for it. It starts in the trenches, we need to address the o and d-line/front seven big time.

Problem is we need 4 spots on the oline. I focused on building the interior oline so we can get the run game going. And no oline is worthy of a first round pick besides Nelson, and I view Hernandez as better than Nelson. If Adams came out I would go Adams all day long. But no way taking a second round talent that high in the first. So I got the best center, best guard, and best rt in the second, then got qb1 in my book In The third.Then went with the highest upside player in the draft in jamarco Jones in the 4th. Low risk high reward with Jones. Hernandez price and brown would start while Jones gets his teqnique straightened out. But I just couldn't waste a pick on a oline that's not worth it. Derwin James was also avaliable. It was hard to pass him up, but I believe Sutton at worst is the next Brandon Marshall.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 01:25 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: WRs are a dime a dozen and we don't need one in the first to be our #2 when we have AJ.

The line should be the priority in the first few and then get a FA WR if you can't get a quality one in the first few.  

If there's no offensive linemen worthy in the first, then you trade down to acquire more picks to make sure you get the linemen in the rounds after the first, or even trade picks for other team's linemen.

We got one more year of aj at the one. That's it. U can already see it happening this year he's slowing down. Hell be at the 2 when he turns 32. With no oline avaliable worth it besides Nelson, get ur future wr1. And I did trade down to get the picks. 3 olineman all the best at their position in the second.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 11:41 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Ok fine whose our wr2/3 next year Alex Erickson? Who do u trust going up against other cb1 if aj or Ross gets hurt? So yes it's not a joke.  And what players u talking about specifically? Price is expected to go early round 2 as is Hernandez, Rudolph is supposed to go in round 2 sure. Oklahoma tackle is a pure right tackle so he's a second rounder.

Josh Malone is good, and he's already on the team.  No need to keep drafting guys that Andy doesn't have time to get the ball to.  A major overhaul of the OL needs to happen, before any skill players can even be a factor.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 12:09 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Josh Malone is good, and he's already on the team.  No need to keep drafting guys that Andy doesn't have time to get the ball to.  A major overhaul of the OL needs to happen, before any skill players can even be a factor.

U did see my second round picks right? Each the best at their position. And what happens when Ross or aj goes down what then? We're picking high in a great  talent wr draft at the top with no oline besides Nelson worthy of first round.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 12:12 AM)Jpoore Wrote: U did see my second round picks right? Each the best at their position. And what happens when Ross or aj goes down what then? We're picking high in a great  talent wr draft at the top with no oline besides Nelson worthy of first round.

I did.  But, I can't help but agree with what other posters have said, and feel like they won't be there when you have them selected.  Besides, I really don't count on our scouting dept/War room personnel to select anyone at OT to be a day one starter, that does not come from the top 10 of the draft.  Sorry, just my honest opinion, not knocking your way of thinking.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 12:45 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I did.  But, I can't help but agree with what other posters have said, and feel like they won't be there when you have them selected.  Besides, I really don't count on our scouting dept/War room personnel to select anyone at OT to be a day one starter, that does not come from the top 10 of the draft.  Sorry, just my honest opinion, not knocking your way of thinking.

I get that part. But there is literally nobody in the top 10. I mean mcglichey? Any speed rushers and he turns into otbuehi. Texas ot(name slipped my mind) he put on weight to prepare for the nfl and absolutely sucked ass. After that theres nobody. 
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 11:48 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Problem is we need 4 spots on the oline. I focused on building the interior oline so we can get the run game going. And no oline is worthy of a first round pick besides Nelson, and I view Hernandez as better than Nelson. If Adams came out I would go Adams all day long. But no way taking a second round talent that high in the first. So I got the best center, best guard, and best rt in the second, then got qb1 in my book In The third.Then went with the highest upside player in the draft in jamarco Jones in the 4th. Low risk high reward with Jones. Hernandez price and brown would start while Jones gets his teqnique straightened out. But I just couldn't waste a pick on a oline that's not worth it. Derwin James was also avaliable. It was hard to pass him up, but I believe Sutton at worst is the next Brandon Marshall.

This is one of the most unrealistic mocks yet. Almost all your picks will go earlier than you project. No oline is worth a first round pick but Nelson? Hernandez is better than Nelson? Are you a scout?

There was an adage that WRs blossomed in year 3. Next year is core, Ericsson and Boyd’s third year. Ross and Malone’s 2nd. Let’s get another wr in 1? Sure, with all the other needs we have. If Sutton is bpa then maybe. I’d rather trade down and take other positions.

And it’s McGlinchey. Not mcglichey, mctwitchy or McDonald’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 01:49 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: This is one of the most unrealistic mocks yet.  Almost all your picks will go earlier than you project.  No oline is worth a first round pick but Nelson?  Hernandez is better than Nelson?  Are you a scout?

There was an adage that WRs blossomed in year 3.  Next year is core, Ericsson and Boyd’s third year.  Ross and Malone’s 2nd.  Let’s get another wr in 1?  Sure, with all the other needs we have.  If Sutton is bpa then maybe.  I’d rather trade down and take other positions.  

And it’s McGlinchey.  Not mcglichey, mctwitchy or McDonald’s.

Hernandez is better than Nelson but will go in the second bc he dosent play for ND. He plays for a winless utep team. Price will go in the second as well. As will brown. Idk where people are saying they will go higher than I put them. They all have second round grades. And wrs blossom in year 3? After being healthy scratches in year 2? Come on now. I drafted the players that will be in the area where the pick was.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 03:12 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Hernandez is better than Nelson but will go in the second bc he dosent play for ND. He plays for a winless utep team. Price will go in the second as well. As will brown. Idk where people are saying they will go higher than I put them. They all have second round grades. And wrs blossom in year 3? After being healthy scratches in year 2? Come on now. I drafted the players that will be in the area where the pick was.

I️ saw a mock today that had Hernandez in 1. I’ve seen brown in 1 also. I️ don’t know where they’ll go. Neither do you Nostradamus.

And I’m doubting your football iq if you don’t know about third year receiver breakouts. Maybe it’s before your time. Some studs like aj and Julio start off fine. Some like Antonio Brown take a little longer.

And the picks you made will be way outdated when final draft grades are assigned

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 03:20 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I️ saw a mock today that had Hernandez in 1.  I’ve seen brown in 1 also.  I️ don’t know where they’ll go.  Neither do you Nostradamus.  

And I’m doubting your football iq if you don’t know about third year receiver breakouts.  Maybe it’s before your time.  Some studs like aj and Julio start off fine.  Some like Antonio Brown take a little longer.    

And the picks you made will be way outdated when final draft grades are assigned

We will see. I would bet all my picks are there when we pick though.
Reply/Quote
I would rather go Defensive but I would not mind a WR line opposite of AJ. Look Wrs are like 3 point shooters in the NBA the more you have the better you will be.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2017, 11:41 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Ok fine whose our wr2/3 next year Alex Erickson? Who do u trust going up against other cb1 if aj or Ross gets hurt? So yes it's not a joke.  And what players u talking about specifically? Price is expected to go early round 2 as is Hernandez, Rudolph is supposed to go in round 2 sure. Oklahoma tackle is a pure right tackle so he's a second rounder.

It's a joke.

AJ
LaFell
Ross
Erickson
Malone

Those are all your opinions, but if you look at where a majority of the "experts" have them listed, then you are looking at the following:

Rudolph - round 1
Brown - round 1
Price - late round 1
Hernandez has been getting late  round 1 mentions.

So, while I like all those guys, it's a long shot to draft them all.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 03:12 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Hernandez is better than Nelson but will go in the second bc he dosent play for ND. He plays for a winless utep team. Price will go in the second as well. As will brown. Idk where people are saying they will go higher than I put them. They all have second round grades. And wrs blossom in year 3? After being healthy scratches in year 2? Come on now. I drafted the players that will be in the area where the pick was.

Give men a break.

Carson Went went #2 overall and he went to NDSU.  School doesn't matter anymore in this day and age.  You are about the only person in the world who makes this claim that Hernandez is better then Nelson.  I'm not buying it at all.
Reply/Quote
(11-16-2017, 04:57 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Give men a break.

Carson Went went #2 overall and he went to NDSU.  School doesn't matter anymore in this day and age.  You are about the only person in the world who makes this claim that Hernandez is better then Nelson.  I'm not buying it at all.
There have been plenty of people who are saying Hernandez was better. And again Wentz went to ndsu but they were winning championships. Corey Davis went to a Mac school but they were winning. Either of those players went 0-12 they wouldn't have been that high.
Reply/Quote
It's a little early to be arguing for or against who is gonna be a top 10 pick...

We don't even know exactly everyone that will declare. Then there's the Bowl games All star games combine and pro days...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote