Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great mock draft!
(11-16-2017, 04:56 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: It's a joke.

AJ
LaFell
Ross
Erickson
Malone

Those are all your opinions, but if you look at where a majority of the "experts" have them listed, then you are looking at the following:

Rudolph - round 1
Brown - round 1
Price - late round 1
Hernandez has been getting late  round 1 mentions.

So, while I like all those guys, it's a long shot to draft them all.
I've said it once I'll say it again. Lafell couldn't beat man coverage against a high school CB. I fully expect us to cut him after this year....  And price has been a solid late round 2 option in most mocks. I do believe Hernandez may sneak into late round 1 that's the one I'm hoping drops due to no national media coverage.... Brown if he goes in round 1 I'll just replace him with Hyatt. Similar grade on both. But highly down brown goes in one as he's looked at as just a rt.  Rudolph is the big question mark. I think he's gonna go something like qb6 or 7. So round 3 may be to late of a pick but round 2 isn't. Obviously it's very early.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 08:41 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I've said it once I'll say it again. Lafell couldn't beat man coverage against a high school CB. I fully expect us to cut him after this year....  And price has been a solid late round 2 option in most mocks. I do believe Hernandez may sneak into late round 1 that's the one I'm hoping drops due to no national media coverage.... Brown if he goes in round 1 I'll just replace him with Hyatt. Similar grade on both. But highly down brown goes in one as he's looked at as just a rt.  Rudolph is the big question mark. I think he's gonna go something like qb6 or 7. So round 3 may be to late of a pick but round 2 isn't. Obviously it's very early.

(08-14-2017, 02:40 AM)Jpoore Wrote: If I had my choice, Derwin James or minkaj fitzpatrick. Both freaks. But we're not giving up on our oline we all know this so that's out the window. I don't see many holes outside of safety on our roster. Btw, wee need to sign minter as well to not go lb.

Your mock is out the window because you know they aren't going offensive line.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 09:04 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Your mock is out the window because you know they aren't going offensive line.

Sure pick a quote from before the season even started.... That makes sense
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 08:41 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I've said it once I'll say it again. Lafell couldn't beat man coverage against a high school CB. I fully expect us to cut him after this year....  And price has been a solid late round 2 option in most mocks. I do believe Hernandez may sneak into late round 1 that's the one I'm hoping drops due to no national media coverage.... Brown if he goes in round 1 I'll just replace him with Hyatt. Similar grade on both. But highly down brown goes in one as he's looked at as just a rt.  Rudolph is the big question mark. I think he's gonna go something like qb6 or 7. So round 3 may be to late of a pick but round 2 isn't. Obviously it's very early.

I️ will bet you board privileges that lafell can beat high school coverage. That’s just asinine.

You think nfl scouts aren’t on Hernandez due to lack of media coverage? That’s their fricking job. I’ve seen brown as high as 8th overall prospect. Like a couple of other right tackles that went 6 and 10 overall. Andre smith and Willie Anderson. Maybe you’ve heard of them?

And Rudolph has been mocked as high as 1 overall to Cleveland. Of course since draft order hasn’t been determined yet. Obviously it’s early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 09:13 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Sure pick a quote from before the season even started.... That makes sense

What's different about the offensive line between now and then when you didn't see any holes? Nothing.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 05:48 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What's different about the offensive line between now and then when you didn't see any holes?  Nothing.

Everyone knows it's the 4th/5th year when an OL really figures it out
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 05:48 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: What's different about the offensive line between now and then when you didn't see any holes?  Nothing.

Difference was they finally had a healthy offseason and thought that would help them be average.i was wrong. But before the season I was optimistic.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 09:43 AM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I️ will bet you board privileges that lafell can beat high school coverage. That’s just asinine.

You think nfl scouts aren’t on Hernandez due to lack of media coverage? That’s their fricking job. I’ve seen brown as high as 8th overall prospect. Like a couple of other right tackles that went 6 and 10 overall. Andre smith and Willie Anderson. Maybe you’ve heard of them?

And Rudolph has been mocked as high as 1 overall to Cleveland. Of course since draft order hasn’t been determined yet. Obviously it’s early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see Rudolph as at best 6th qb taken... That's just me... But of course scouts are gonna be on Hernandez but they won't take him in the first they'll rely on the fact that he will be there in the early second. Name the last player that went in the first round on a 0 win team. Go ahead I'll wait.
Reply/Quote
And brown has been sliding. He was the 2nd best tackle. Williams looks good again so now he's third. And the western Michigan tackle seems better as well. So are u really taking the 4th best tackle a pure right tackle in the top 20? Doubt it. And like I said u can replace brown with Hyatt.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 10:33 PM)Jpoore Wrote: And brown has been sliding. He was the 2nd best tackle. Williams looks good again so now he's third. And the western Michigan tackle seems better as well. So are u really taking the 4th best tackle a pure right tackle in the top 20? Doubt it. And like I said u can replace brown with Hyatt.

If the top 3 are off the board, why wouldn't you?  He could be an anchor to your strong running side for the next 10-12 years.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 12:08 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If the top 3 are off the board, why wouldn't you?  He could be an anchor to your strong running side for the next 10-12 years.

Or u could get a slightly lesser player in hyatt who will play both tackle spots while getting ur future number 1 wr and the best center. Sutton has my highest wr grade since Julio and aj. So if my option is getting brown and then one of price, Hernandez, or hyatt, or getting Sutton then all 3 of price, Hernandez, and Hyatt(obviously if they rise in rankings my feelings will change) I'll take option 2. Nothing against brown but it's all about amount of talent and value.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2017, 10:31 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I see Rudolph as at best 6th qb taken... That's just me... But of course scouts are gonna be on Hernandez but they won't take him in the first they'll rely on the fact that he will be there in the early second. Name the last player that went in the first round on a 0 win team. Go ahead I'll wait.

You'll keep waiting too.  You want that info go look it up yourself.  I don't even get the point of your question.
Reply/Quote
If we go Wide Receiver in the first round with all the other holes on this team I'm going to really question the draft philosophy. At least before there has been a game plan. This is not a spread it out team, so the WR depth we have is fine. Malone is on the rise, Ross will hopefully figure it out, and Green is Green.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2017, 02:25 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: If we go Wide Receiver in the first round with all the other holes on this team I'm going to really question the draft philosophy. At least before there has been a game plan. This is not a spread it out team, so the WR depth we have is fine. Malone is on the rise, Ross will hopefully figure it out, and Green is Green.
I have the highest grade on Sutton since Jones green draft. And again and will be 31 next year and was never that fast to begin with. He's already slightly showed slowing down. And with Lewis gone if we go with a guy like McDaniels that a spread it out coach. And if u don't wanna go wr fine. But trade back for a extra second. Don't go with a guy like mcglichey or Nelson.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 02:05 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Yes we do need a wr(no matter what people think) we had the best oline preformance last week and wrs still couldn't consistently get open. So while it's not the biggest need it is a need. With no oline worthy of top 10 pick I trade back with the jets(only trade). Went purely bpa after round 3. Christian wilkins also possibility in round 1

Rd1, p13: courtland sutton wr smu
Rd2, p6: billy price c/g osu
Rd2, p13: wil Hernandez g utep
Rd2, p22:Orlando brown ot Oklahoma
Rd3, p6:Mason Rudolph qb oklahoma state (my qb1)
Rd4, p6:jamarco Jones ot osu
Rd5 p6:Chris Worley ILB osu
Rd6, p6: Marcus Allen fs PSU
Rd7, p30:will gleeson p ole miss

Who knows, that's why we have the Draft, just like on paper some teams should be able to beat other teams, but you have to play to find out.
Reply/Quote

AJ
LaFell
Ross
Erickson
Malone

Those are all your opinions, but if you look at where a majority of the "experts" have them listed, then you are looking at the following:

Rudolph - round 1
Brown - round 1
Price - late round 1

I would guess that a lot of QB's will be drafted and overdrafted this year pushing down some talented players at other positions.  I've seen the players you mentioned being rated at round one in the highest of their projections, but as low as 3 or 4 on some of their lowest projections.  This is obviously all gross speculation at this point considering it is pre-combine, pre-allstar game.  
Reply/Quote

AJ
LaFell
Ross
Erickson
Malone

Rudolph - round 1
Brown - round 1
Price - late round 1

I would guess that a lot of QB's will be drafted and overdrafted this year pushing down some talented players at other positions.  I've seen the players you mentioned being rated at round one in the highest of their projections, but as low as 3 or 4 on some of their lowest projections.  This is obviously all gross speculation at this point considering it is pre-combine, pre-allstar game.  
Reply/Quote