Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great rookie production
Jessie Bates was #1 among all rookie defensive backs in tackles and was second in interceptions (just one behind Donte Jackson)

Sam Hubbard was #1 among all rookie defensive linemen in sacks and was third in tackles.
Reply/Quote
Both look to have been very solid picks. Now we just need to stop missing in the 1st round...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Both look to have been very solid picks.  Now we just need to stop missing in the 1st round...

Way too early to write off Price.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Way too early to write off Price.

Agree with this. Hopefully new coaches can help him excel his play.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Jessie Bates was #1 among all rookie defensive backs in tackles and was second in interceptions (just one behind Donte Jackson)

Sam Hubbard was #1 among all rookie defensive linemen in sacks and was third in tackles.

Helps pad the stats when you can't get off the field on third down!

But nah, these kids look good and I'm excited to see how their careers unfold here.
Reply/Quote

And Ross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

We haven’t hit a homerun on a 1st since AJ.

Eifert has played more than 8 games twice in 6 years

Dre and Dennard? Meh

WJ3 is probably at least solid, but he regressed big time this year.

Og is obviously awful.

Ross...

Zeitler was good but we let him get away to a team that swept us.

Not saying they’re all busts, but we need more out of our 1st rounders.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:14 PM)ochocincos Wrote: And Ross.

I’ve been a big defender of Ross this season, and I still love his TD production, but man, games like yesterday make you wonder if the kid will ever put it all together.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: We haven’t hit a homerun on a 1st since AJ.

Eifert has played more than 8 games twice in 6 years

Dre and Dennard? Meh

WJ3 is probably at least solid, but he regressed big time this year.

Og is obviously awful.

Ross...

Zeitler was good but we let him get away to a team that swept us.

Not saying they’re all busts, but we need more out of our 1st rounders.
Jackson regressed early in the year, under that fool Austin, as everybody did.  But he picked it up big time as the season went on.  No worries on him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Right, the injury, the chaos this team has been in, the overall suckage of the rest of the Oline ! On the list of Bengal player issues that need fixed Price is way down the list.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’ve been a big defender of Ross this season, and I still love his TD production, but man, games like yesterday make you wonder if the kid will ever put it all together.

I have doubts about Ross as well. But I want to see what he does under a different staff ? (Hopefully a new one)
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:44 PM)McC Wrote: Jackson regressed early in the year, under that fool Austin, as everybody did.  But he picked it up big time as the season went on.  No worries on him.

You have to wonder if we had stayed with Guenther, if we don't eek out 1 or 2 more wins with the defense not playing terrible?

Maybe we beat the Browns once and then win another game somewhere.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:48 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Right, the injury, the chaos this team has been in, the overall suckage of the rest of the Oline ! On the list of Bengal player issues that need fixed Price is way down the list.

I’m worried about Price, let’s put it like that. He’s looked truly awful most of the season.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m worried about Price, let’s put it like that. He’s looked truly awful most of the season.

He's looked bad at times no doubt. But my worry meter isn't real high on him - yet. There's been A LOT of turmoil around him this season. Two penalty machines to his right that also just aren't very good ! And Boiling has slipped some on the other side.

If he's still stinking it up with a revamped Oline next season, I'll start worrying.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 03:01 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: He's looked bad at times no doubt. But my worry meter isn't real high on him - yet. There's been A LOT of turmoil around him this season. Two penalty machines to his right that also just aren't very good ! And Boiling has slipped some on the other side.

If he's still stinking it up with a revamped Oline next season, I'll start worrying.

They threw him to the wolves by starting him immediately at C as a rookie after he had only played the position one year in college.  And then they compounded it by not leaving Hopkins at C and trying Price at RG over the human yellow flag.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:42 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’ve been a big defender of Ross this season, and I still love his TD production, but man, games like yesterday make you wonder if the kid will ever put it all together.

He played against a great defense and has a bad QB. Does Ross make mistakes and wasn’t worth the 9th pick? Absolutely. I think he was worth a pick in the teens. But he’s also not being utilized to his strengths.

Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Bates and Hubbard = Lights out for sure!

Price wasn't a good first season, see John Ross last year

Malik Jefferson - looks like a wasted pick

Walton - looked ok in Limited touches, I assume we don't resign Gio and he takes over his role

D Harris - limited sample size

A Tate - great grab (no pun intended) late, too early to tell
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: WJ3 is probably at least solid, but he regressed big time this year.

The stats showed he played like his 2017 self ever since Marvin took back over. He got to play more man press and it really helped, hopefully the next coach remembers this. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:54 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m worried about Price, let’s put it like that. He’s looked truly awful most of the season.

I wonder how much not being able to lift when he was hurt before the season set him back.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:44 PM)McC Wrote: Jackson regressed early in the year, under that fool Austin, as everybody did. 

This.

Jackson did not regress due to injury.  And he didn't suddenly forget how to play.  I think he will be a very good CB for us going forward.

We have WAY too much talent on defense to be ranked 32nd.  That was ridiculous.
Reply/Quote