Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Great segment with Lou on McAfee's show

Reply/Quote
Bump, have to watch this another time. Rock On
Reply/Quote
What a great interview, thanks for sharing. Lou just seems like one of the guys that you'd love to hang out and drink some beers with. So many great talking points that I thoroughly enjoyed it in its entirety. Hope there is some way the Bengals can keep him but know some team is going to be knocking on his door with a HC offer. He is just too good not to garner attention.

Lou-Dey !
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
The interview starts at about the 23 minute mark. Hang around for the post interview chat that was good too

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
When McAfee asked Lou about momentum, and Lou said it's definitely a thing, for some reason I pictured a certain Fred of ours banging on his keyboard yelling "Momentum doesn't exist." Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 09:30 AM)Sled21 Wrote: When McAfee asked Lou about momentum, and Lou said it's definitely a thing, for some reason I pictured a certain Fred of ours banging on his keyboard yelling "Momentum doesn't exist." Hilarious

Im sure the ghost of fred still haunts us.

Oh and yes.  Good interview.  Didn't watch the post chatter, so might have to go back.
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 09:30 AM)Sled21 Wrote: When McAfee asked Lou about momentum, and Lou said it's definitely a thing, for some reason I pictured a certain Fred of ours banging on his keyboard yelling "Momentum doesn't exist." Hilarious

Yep

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Lou actually has more personality than I expected.

As for the momentum comment...it doesn't exist but the placebo effect is a thing for a reason. We only talk about momentum when the outcome aligns with the belief not the substantially more times when a "momentum" changing play occurs then no one scores and it goes against the narrative. It's a very much so result driven phenomenon.
Reply/Quote

And who could forget that halftime adjustments are all in your head..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 12:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And who could forget that halftime adjustments are all in your head..

Journalistic Jargon

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 01:02 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Journalistic Jargon

That's right, I knew that I was forgetting something..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Love that, Joey B is a steely eyed killer lol

Lou is awesome, hope we can keep him around. Going to have to pay him some big dough.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 05:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Love that, Joey B is a steely eyed killer lol

Lou is awesome, hope we can keep him around. Going to have to pay him some big dough.

I'm not sure that money is the issue with a coach like Lou.  I think that his longevity with the Bengals all hangs upon weather he has the urge to try his hand at being a HC.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 06:34 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not sure that money is the issue with a coach like Lou.  I think that his longevity with the Bengals all hangs upon weather he has the urge to try his hand at being a HC.

Probably right. Sure seems like he is happy as a DC, but if his Defense keeps playing like this and we win the SB he will be on 
quite a few team's minds for HC. Dude is a genius DC. Have said this before that Betcher was brought in to replace Lou if he 
does leave. Really like Betcher and was surprised he wasn't a DC somewhere else with his resume' and he has done a great 
job with the Linebackers.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 06:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Probably right. Sure seems like he is happy as a DC, but if his Defense keeps playing like this and we win the SB he will be on 
quite a few team's minds for HC. Dude is a genius DC. Have said this before that Betcher was brought in to replace Lou if he 
does leave. Really like Betcher and was surprised he wasn't a DC somewhere else with his resume' and he has done a great 

Weather as an independent unit, or as part of Lou's defensive machine, the LB corps has definitely been an improved area of play in the past two years.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 06:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Probably right. Sure seems like he is happy as a DC, but if his Defense keeps playing like this and we win the SB he will be on 

Zac’s first call will be Vince Fangio IMO. He’s consulting for the Eagles now. He’s done wonders for their defense and Zac loves his defenses
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Oklahoma at WVU was a great game this year. All year WVU had been terrible they end up benching JT Daniels and the Mountaineers 5'9 180lb back up quarterback Garrett Greene runs all over Oklahoma. It reminded me of that Ryan Finley vs Steelers game lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote