Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Great win
(09-20-2015, 08:51 PM)Whacked Wrote: ......and Eifert when our WR's can't get open lol

..... and Fisher! :)
Reply/Quote
Don't get me wrong, I think the Bengals dominated the day, BUT, I do think we had a bit of luck to thank today.

~ Keenan Allen fumbling the ball away to give us the early lead. Thanks bud.

~ Then, Dalton fumbling the ball, but it technically being an incomplete pass, even though Rivers did something identical recently in the game that was called differently.
(not to mention this play was returned for a TD before half, how deflating!)

I'll take the calls, and I'm plenty happy with the win, but there was some luck involved for sure.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 01:54 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Don't get me wrong, I think the Bengals dominated the day, BUT, I do think we had a bit of luck to thank today.

~ Then, Dalton fumbling the ball, but it technically being an incomplete pass, even though Rivers did something identical recently in the game that was called differently.

I'll take the calls, and I'm plenty happy with the win, but there was some luck involved for sure.

There's a certain amount of luck in every game, for both teams.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I've seen the film on both Rivers and Andy, and both were called correctly.

Plus the zebras caused a Charger TD with bad calls and cost us one the same way.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 01:54 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Don't get me wrong, I think the Bengals dominated the day, BUT, I do think we had a bit of luck to thank today.

Rivers wasn't moving forward with the ball. He was clearly not making a passing motion. 

Luck is the only reason the Chargers were in it:
Hill was clearly down and his forward progress had long stopped. That should have been a scoring drive.
Their TD drive was manufactured by the refs giving a penalty to Dre (that never happened) and ignoring the OPI while also managing to not call TWO block in the back penalties on the actual TD. 
Throw in that their other TD was just Reggie blowing coverage.....
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:40 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Chargers are a really good team great win. It's nice to win when we are not clicking on all cylinders. Andy still needs to work on the deep ball a bit. Hill needs to work on ball security other than that great win.

Don't forget all the penalties AND the defensive front can't tackle worth a damn. How many missed tackles did the B's have. Rey M. looked slow at best. Peko just takes up space (maybe that's his job).  Gio played like a much bigger back than he is -- great game for him. Contrary to opinion, I think Dalton did quite well with decision making; missed on a couple passes, but there were several times when a DL burst through the OL untouched. I tried to watch Bodine, but unless he picked the wrong guy to block, it looked like the guards allowed the pressure. Also, Nugent missed his FG. Glad it didn't change the outcome.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:16 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I was looking at their message boards.  Many of them now think that they suck because they lost to a "Tier 2 team"  Bengals will be underestimated till we get that playoff win.  They were also talking about how bad their O Line is.  No, Geno Atkins is THAT good.  He disrupted them all day.

I'm really nitpicking here, but as good as Geno looks there needs to be better penetration from the NT position on passing downs.  They were awful stopping the run early, but I put a lot of that on the LBs.  I was surprised to see very little of AJ Hawk.  He may be on the back nine of his career, but he has the instincts and plays good assignment football. 

My point is that when they go "NASCAR", they might need another body to provide a pass rush in the NT position.  MJ isn't quite himself yet on the RDE side.  Gilberry is solid, but I think they need another body for NT and Gilberry can rotate with MJ.  I'm thinking Hardison.  Clarke gives absolutely nothing.  I know he is young, but why not give Hardison some snaps at NT on passing downs to see if he can capitalize on the other side of Atkins.

I'm not trying to be negative nancy, but I really want the absolute best lineup possible playing by the end of the season.  I'm hopeful with some game experience that Hardison can contribute by season's end.

Also, I saw Carter lined up at LDE for one snap which puzzled me.  I thought he was at his best on the right side.  If Dunlap needed a breather, this is where I thought Hunt would see action. 
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 09:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I'm really nitpicking here, but as good as Geno looks there needs to be better penetration from the NT position on passing downs.  They were awful stopping the run early, but I put a lot of that on the LBs.  I was surprised to see very little of AJ Hawk.  He may be on the back nine of his career, but he has the instincts and plays good assignment football. 

My point is that when they go "NASCAR", they might need another body to provide a pass rush in the NT position.  MJ isn't quite himself yet on the RDE side.  Gilberry is solid, but I think they need another body for NT and Gilberry can rotate with MJ.  I'm thinking Hardison.  Clarke gives absolutely nothing.  I know he is young, but why not give Hardison some snaps at NT on passing downs to see if he can capitalize on the other side of Atkins.

I'm not trying to be negative nancy, but I really want the absolute best lineup possible playing by the end of the season.  I'm hopeful with some game experience that Hardison can contribute by season's end.

Also, I saw Carter lined up at LDE for one snap which puzzled me.  I thought he was at his best on the right side.  If Dunlap needed a breather, this is where I thought Hunt would see action. 

Both hunt and hardison were inactive making this moot. Hardison is out with injury and hunt is basically a healthy scratch. Maybe hardison can contribute later in the season but it seems hunt is destined to be inactive unless we have some injuries.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:04 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Andy needs to work on hi deep ball a bit? Did you see the pass he made to Jones?

Andy has looked okay.

But just think what McCarron would be doing with all these weapons.

(runs away)
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 02:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Andy has looked okay.

But just think what McCarron would be doing with all these weapons.

You're kidding, right?

(runs away)
Reply/Quote