Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greater Disrespect: Bengals or Jags
(03-27-2022, 01:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: I just saw a stat…since 2016 the Jags have spent more than any other team in free agency and have had the worst record over that period.

Shows how important it is to get the right coach and the right guy under center.

Nothing else moves the needle like those two things.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2022, 07:19 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Shows how important it is to get the right coach and the right guy under center.

Pretty much. But honestly it all starts at the top (true for any business). And I knew that organization was an absolute dumpster fire after they ran Tom Coughlin out of town. He could have really help straighten that team out if given the proper chance (the 2 things you mentioned).

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2022, 07:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Pretty much. But honestly it all starts at the top (true for any business). And I knew that organization was an absolute dumpster fire after they ran Tom Coughlin out of town. He could have really help straighten that team out if given the proper chance (the 2 things you mentioned).

Makes me worry about Lawerence's career. He is going to be labeled a bust due to playing for that dumpster fire of a team.

Reply/Quote
Are the Browns also winning the Super Bowl or are they just winning the division? I’m hoping for super bowl favorites.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2022, 08:27 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Are the Browns also winning the Super Boel or are they just winning the division?  I’m hoping for super bowl favorites.

They won't have Watson for half the season, not sure how they are winning anything for a year.

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2022, 03:14 PM)Nepa Wrote: A lot of analysts were apoplectic over the Jags signing Christian Kirk for up to 84 million (37 million guaranteed) for 4 years, figuring he did not deserve such a lucrative contract. He's never been a number 1 receiver and never had high numbers, missed a lot of time for injury in three of his four seasons, and is 42nd of 55 qualified receivers in yards after catch.
The jags are getting judged on that contract, not on the basis of the players acquired in free agency.

I can't even imagine Mrs Blackburn making a deal like that or the Browns monumental fckup with Watson..They should be in cap hell for awhile unless they trade him to some unsuspecting sucker team.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2022, 08:27 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Are the Browns also winning the Super Bowl or are they just winning the division?  I’m hoping for super bowl favorites.

Nah..Watson doesn't even know it yet but Cleveland IS THE QB bone yard.. He'll either start the season under suspension or end it there, get his obligatory Browns QB injury and walk off into the sunset with all the browns cap money.. 

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2022, 03:14 PM)Nepa Wrote: A lot of analysts were apoplectic over the Jags signing Christian Kirk for up to 84 million (37 million guaranteed) for 4 years, figuring he did not deserve such a lucrative contract. He's never been a number 1 receiver and never had high numbers, missed a lot of time for injury in three of his four seasons, and is 42nd of 55 qualified receivers in yards after catch.
The jags are getting judged on that contract, not on the basis of the players acquired in free agency.

It was really just a sarcastic post about Cedric Ogbuehi...
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2022, 04:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They overpaid Kirk but those other signing are pretty great. Scherff if he stays healthy is an excellent addition to that squad.

Zay Jones is a good WR. Wanted Evan Engram but I think we got the better TE in Hayden Hurst.

I mean, I would of been somewhat happy if we did what the Jags did, but we did do much better in filling our needs IMO.

Cappa, Karras, Collins, Hurst and bringing back our own with BJ Hill and company was as good as I could of hoped for.

Might even add a CB or a WR before the Draft too, who knows? The La'el Collins contract was such a good deal we still have 
some dough. Would be nice to add one more player before the Draft, maybe a WR as this Draft is really deep at Corner.

Everything before the "but" is just BS, Nate....

BUT, they added Cedric Ogbuehi!   Hilarious  This post was really just sarcasm about him being added as a FA.  

I can hear their version of Hobson:  "He was a former first round pick"....  Cry
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 08:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Everything before the "but" is just BS, Nate....

BUT, they added Cedric Ogbuehi!   Hilarious  This post was really just sarcasm about him being added as a FA.  

I can hear their version of Hobson:  "He was a former first round pick"....  Cry

Except Cedric signed with the Jags in 2019...

This season he'll be playing for the Texans after a run with the Seahawks.

https://www.houstontexans.com/news/meet-texans-ol-cedric-ogbuehi

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/11/report-texans-signing-cedric-ogbuehi/

Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 08:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Everything before the "but" is just BS, Nate....

Man, I haven't been catching the sarcasm lately for some reason lol
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 04:22 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Except Cedric signed with the Jags in 2019...

This season he'll be playing for the Texans after a run with the Seahawks.

https://www.houstontexans.com/news/meet-texans-ol-cedric-ogbuehi

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/03/11/report-texans-signing-cedric-ogbuehi/

Really?  Ok, now I am 100% certain the Texans won't win a game.  I think I can wager on that... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-28-2022, 05:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Man, I haven't been catching the sarcasm lately for some reason lol

It was all the serious talk about women and divorce...This is supposed to be my escape from reality!  Haha...I don't like being serious on here.  My fault. 

I wondered if you were reading it really early before coffee or something.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Ogbuehi has managed to keep a spot on an NFL roster. He even started 5 games for the Seahawks over the last two years.

But he is just hanging on by his fingernails. With new linemen coming into the league in this years draft he might be finished.
Reply/Quote
Jags and Clowns will likely both end up in cap hell and even if they have good seasons this year they're still in cap hell going forward until they learn to quit paying out ridiculous stupid expensive contracts for just a handful of players.. We've made fun of the Bengals for years for being cheap, never signing FAs, etc., but it's put them in the position of having great flexibility to be able to sign the right players when they sense the opportunity to win it all is at hand. When you're in last place and going nowhere it doesn't make financial sense to pay a gazillion bucks for a few players and sign the remainder of the team with low ball, no name players who can't win. it only makes financial sense to pay out the big contracts if you have a strong shot at winning and can fill out the rest of the roster with good, bargain type players.. The penny pinching ways seem to have finally paid off for the Brown family.. We shall see though. 
The respect/disrespect stuff is just noise.. They either win or they don't. Media respect/disrespect is irrelevant as the media doesn't play the games. They don't win or lose games.

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2022, 10:27 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Ogbuehi has managed to keep a spot on an NFL roster.  He even started 5 games for the Seahawks over the last two years.

But he is just hanging on by his fingernails.  With new linemen coming into the league in this years draft he might be finished.

Usually if a 1st rounder busts, he'll get picked up by a GM or two that were high on him leading into that draft, just so they can see if they can get anything out of him. 

Most of the time they just get an up close view of how much they suck. LOL

Heck, even Akili Smith (Packers) and Dave Klingler (Raiders) got 2nd chances. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2022, 07:19 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Shows how important it is to get the right coach and the right guy under center.

[Image: Marvin-Lewis-lands-on-feet-1-GettyImages-1087269660.jpg][Image: Marvin-Lewis-lands-on-feet-1-GettyImages-1087269660.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 02:32 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Usually if a 1st rounder busts, he'll get picked up by a GM or two that were high on him leading into that draft, just so they can see if they can get anything out of him. 

Most of the time they just get an up close view of how much they suck. LOL

Heck, even Akili Smith (Packers) and Dave Klingler (Raiders) got 2nd chances. 

I sometimes wonder if he could have been a good NFL QB had he not been drafted by the Bengals and tossed to the wolves the way he was and taken all the hits. Didn't have a line and certainly wasn't ready but they ran him out there and led to him getting happy feet in the pocket. That mixed with the surgery that took his arm strength from him completely, makes me curious how his career looks elsewhere.

For a fun comparison look at his sack percentage versuses Burrow's.

In 1993, Klingler was sacked on 10.4% of his attempts to drop back and pass.

Burrow who took an absolute pounding last season was sacked on 8.9% of his pass attempts.

Really shows you how much Klingler was getting shelled.

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 01:03 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I sometimes wonder if he could have been a good NFL QB had he not been drafted by the Bengals and tossed to the wolves the way he was and taken all the hits. Didn't have a line and certainly wasn't ready but they ran him out there and led to him getting happy feet in the pocket. That mixed with the surgery that took his arm strength from him completely, makes me curious how his career looks elsewhere.

For a fun comparison look at his sack percentage versuses Burrow's.

In 1993, Klingler was sacked on 10.4% of his attempts to drop back and pass.

Burrow who took an absolute pounding last season was sacked on 8.9% of his pass attempts.

Really shows you how much Klingler was getting shelled.

Agree for the most part. I definitely don't look at Klingler the same way I do Akili. We had some weapons and blocking for Akili. He was just awful. Arguably the biggest bust in NFL history.

Tbh I don't think Klingler would've been a star by any stretch, but he was behind the 8ball with that line.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2022, 04:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agree for the most part. I definitely don't look at Klingler the same way I do Akili. We had some weapons and blocking for Akili. He was just awful. Arguably the biggest bust in NFL history.

Tbh I don't think Klingler would've been a star by any stretch, but he was behind the 8ball with that line.

Yes he was and I completely agree on Akili. Hands down the worst 1st round pick this team ever made, and not just for his lack of production and terrible on field results, that has to get added to the fact that the Saints offered their entire draft for that pick so they could take Williams.

No telling how much talent could have come from all those picks.

Reply/Quote