Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greatest Bengal Short Timer
Marvin Jones Jr.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2018, 11:57 AM)Stingray1931 Wrote: We got Coy Bacon for Joiner.

I think most of us who saw Gregg Cook would pick him.  A healty Cook would have been an all time great.

Before my time.....but the archival film says your correct.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-22-2018, 05:16 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is very true.  Not only was he a punishing back that opened up play action, but he had a bit of an attitude that I believe rubs off on a team.  When you have a tough RB, you become a tougher offense.  I am hoping Mixon can continue on his late season ascent.  

My fav short termer was the most dominant CB I have ever seen in stripes. Deltha O'Neal.  Teams would intentionally avoid his side of the field, then he would get one opportunity and he would pick it off.  Man, that guy was on fire when he joined Cincy.  

If the rest of the defense around him was better, we might have had something.  

For REALLY short termer, like in terms of playing time, etc, I would go with DeDe Dorsey.  Blocked a punt for a TD and was promptly benched.  Took a screen pass 80 yards and never saw another target that game.  I just didn't get it, but he was stunning whenever he had the ball.

This.   He was plowing at the end of the season.  Reminded me of Ced and Cory D.  That's the kind of attitude we need in the running game paired with enough time in the pocket for Andy.  I want this to be a punishing team.  The kind of team no one wants to play, and causes  teams to place bulk orders of hyperbaric chambers.

As long as he can stay healthy...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-20-2018, 08:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Odell Thurman.  What?  He was only here a short time, and he kicked butt.

He and Thomas Howard were going to be my honorable mentions, since they both only played about a season.

If 5 or less years is the cutoff, I would say the champion for that category would be Jonathan Joseph:
5 years, 67 games (58 starts), 272 tackles, 76 Pdef, 14 INT (3 for TD), 2 FF/3 FR (1 for TD)

Had to go up against Hines Ward, Santonio Holmes, Mike Wallace, Emmanuel Sanders, Derrick Mason, Anquan Boldin, Braylon Edwards.. and had to tackle Ray Rice, Jamal Lewis, and Willie Parker.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Did not read the entire thread, so I don’t know if these guys have been mentioned.

Garrison Hearst had a pretty decent year with us.

And Boomer’s second stint was pretty good too.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote