Poll: Greatest Bengals RB: Dillon or Brooks?
Dillon
Brooks
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greatest Bengals RB: Dillon or Brooks?
(07-19-2017, 02:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Or Chad or Pickens or Housh etc.

I might not agree with those who put Palmer on a pedestal, but I don't hold a grudge for the trade demand.

LMAO....just teasin' you.

Dillon was the best runner, Brooks was the better all around player.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Corey Dillon is a top 5 all time Bengal.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2017, 02:27 PM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO....just teasin' you.

I know you were, ya turd.  Smirk

...and we'll have to disagree on Brooks being better. All-around or any other way you want to put it. I know you're big on that SB team though. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2017, 02:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I know you were, ya turd.  Smirk

...and we'll have to disagree on Brooks being better. All-around or any other way you want to put it. I know you're big on that SB team though. 

LMAO

Of course I'm big on the SB team.....but having watched both in person, I think Brooks was the more....how should I put it....dynamic player.  Corey Dillon was a straight up bruiser, and the best pure runner the team has ever had.  It's hard for me to pick between the two, but Dillon was indeed the lone bright spot on some horrific teams.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(07-19-2017, 11:13 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yup, plus Brooks played with a good QB that led to less carries, as well as sharing the backfield with Woods for a year plus.

One season with Woods really.. Woods had a total of like 500 yards for the 3 seasons after his rookie year.... I loved Brooks but Dillion is HOF level.. Brooks is not. 
Reply/Quote
Both very productive players. My vote went to Brooks. Not an easy choice. Brooks was a rare bird...a small guy who could play physical. He could deliver that shoulder hit to a helmet.
Reply/Quote
I followed this debate yesterday on Twitter. In my opinion, Dillon is easily the best RB we've ever had. There's no denying that Brooks was an amazing player, but we had a dynamic offense at the time so teams weren't always game planning around him. Dillon was the lone bright spot on a crap offense. Teams knew he was getting the ball and he was still able to have great numbers.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Two completely different backs, kinda like Hill and Gio. Dillon has to be considered the best RB we have ever had, pure power and virtually unstoppable. Brooks the best "scatback" multi-purpose back. Never thought about it until this "debate", but can you imagine these two guys on the same team?? I guess it's kinda what I hoped we had with Hill and Gio, but that hasn't quite panned out. Maybe Mixon can bring something to the table that can evoke memories of both these guys, one can only hope. Still, it's real nostalgic to look back at memories of Brooks and Dillon both awesome players in their time for us.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2017, 01:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Loved Brooks to death, but Dillon is a sure fire Hall of Famer on a better team. 

Everything he did, he did it on pretty much crap teams with little to no air support. They knew he was coming and still couldn't stop him. 

At one point, held the rookie and all-time single game rushing records simultaneously. 

On a better team, for his entire career...he's easily a top 10 all time rusher. 

In that record setting game,  if I remember right, the Bengals didn't complete  pass in the second half.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(07-19-2017, 04:39 PM)McC Wrote: In that record setting game,  if I remember right, the Bengals didn't complete  pass in the second half.

I still remember the stat line. Akili and Mitchell combined to go 2/14 for 34 yards all game. Kinda hard to forget numbers that bad.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2017, 04:39 PM)McC Wrote: In that record setting game,  if I remember right, the Bengals didn't complete  pass in the second half.

(07-19-2017, 05:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I still remember the stat line. Akili and Mitchell combined to go 2/14 for 34 yards all game. Kinda hard to forget numbers that bad.

Ugh. Yes.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2017, 02:27 PM)Wyche Wrote: LMAO....just teasin' you.

This is how I see it as well. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Dillon without a doubt.
[img]http://[Image: power-rangers-dinozords-ranking-tigerzor...mhpcjr.jpg][/img]
Reply/Quote
Brooks was a game changer in so many ways. But Dillon is the best RB I have seen, I do not remember Pete Johnson enough to compare.
Reply/Quote
Dillon did it with pretty much no help and an 8 man front! I love Brooks but no way could he have done what Dillon did without Boomer and the rest of the offensive weapons the Bengals had when he was here. Dillon hands down...
Reply/Quote
Tough call. Dillon was a really tough runner who could do a lot of the stuff Peterson did.

Brooks just had a really awesome speed game and could catch and do so many things.

Dillon was over 1100 yards in each of his 1st 6 seasons as a Bengals. Brooks only had 3 1000 yard seasons in his entire career. So I lean towards Dillon.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2017, 09:27 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Lance McAlister and James Rapien debated yesterday regarding which Bengals RB was the best in team history - James Brooks vs Corey Dillon.
https://twitter.com/LanceMcAlister/status/887407509656526848

They were quite split, as McAlister was very adamant that Brooks was better because he could run, catch, block, and return.
Rapien was adamant that it was Dillon because he was the superb rusher and played on a team with little else, so everyone knew what was coming and still couldn't stop him.

For reference, here are their stats with the Bengals:
Brooks (8 years)
1344 rush attempts for 6447 ruYd (4.8 YPC)and 37 ruTD
+ 297 rec for 3012 recYd (10.1 YPR) and 27 recTD
---------------------------------------------------
1641 touches for 9459 yards and 64 TDs (1182 yards and 8 TD per year)

Dillon (7 years)
1865 rush attempts for 8061 ruYd (4.3 YPC) and 45 ruTD
+ 192 rec for 1482 recYd (7.7 YPR) and 5 TD
---------------------------------------------
2057 touches for 9543 yards and 50 TDs (1363 yards and 7.14 TD per year)

So I bring you all the same poll...which is the greatest Bengals RB? Dillon or Brooks?

Given Brooks played with a Superbowl caliber Team  and Dillon the scrubs of the league..

DILLON  as best overall Running back...

Brooks might have been a better overall player/teammate  with his kick returns and such but from an RB standpoint Dillon wins for me
Reply/Quote
Count me in the Dillon camp. I never saw Brooks play, so maybe not the best person to chime in here, but looking at how Brooks was not the workhorse and also played on better teams, I have to give Dillon the props. If he hadn't played on sorry teams, he would easily have been voted as a HOF.

Consider this stat for whatever it's worth:
The Baltimore Ravens defense of the early 2000's which pretty much won a super bowl by itself, and was considered in the running for the best defense in NFL history, had a streak ( I don't remember the number but I think it was like 50), of games without allowing a 100 yard rusher, which IIRC, is still an NFL record. Guess who broke that streak, while playing on a sorry team where he was essentially the whole Offense.
Reply/Quote
Loved JB. Still love to watch his highlights, but I have to go Dillon. Made more hay with way less help around him imo.
Reply/Quote
Dillon and it's not even close.

When thinking of Brooks, you think of the people around him.

Can you name 8 QBs that Dillon has played under with the Bengals?

Brooks was talented. Don't get me wrong. But Dillon WAS our offense.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote