Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greatest game in franchise history ?
I got to watch Boomer and the 1988 Bengals in the Superbowl when I was 16 - It has been ONE LONG FREAKING ROAD - both personally and with this team
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 08:23 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Just asking ?

Yes, yes it is.  Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 08:45 PM)StripesEarned Wrote: You're not the only one. Can't believe they did it they actually did it. When I saw Mike brown get the trophy my girl must have started cooking and had to cut some onions up 

I really like Mike Brown getting to enjoy this. I know he has done things that drive us all crazy. But with all his dad did for the game of football I know how much this has to mean to him.
Reply/Quote
In a couple weeks we'll have the definitive answer for greatest game in franchise history after Burrow and team brings us a Super Bowl victory.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It was tied for the biggest comeback in a championship game right?

At 21-3 down, it was an incredibly unlikely comeback.

It is definitely the best game in our history imo. But only for two weeks.
Reply/Quote
Fan since 1993 or so. Prior to this year, the 2003 Chiefs game was my favorite.

Now it's 4th behind each of these playoff games. Especially the WC and this one.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Fabulous game !!!! Watching in England and after the first quarter it was like " ok, let's just keep it respectable and lose by about 20 " . Then we grew into it, the stop of Tyreek Hill just before half time, the big guys interception, Mahomes goes missing as our defense steps up, but I think where we won it mentally was when we gave up nothing when Joe got intercepted. After that I knew we'd win it. Once we got anywhere near the posts Evan was never going to miss. Man I am so pleased to be going to the Superbowl but for you real true fans over there who've been through the shitty lean years when it's been torture being a Bengals fan, that win is for you. Nobody and I mean nobody is stopping us now !!!! Let's go get some rings, from England, a very happy Cuzz.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 08:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Fan since 1993 or so. Prior to this year, the 2003 Chiefs game was my favorite.

Now it's 4th behind each of these playoff games. Especially the WC and this one.

Congratulations Shake! Love you bud, so happy for you!
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 09:01 PM)packerbacker Wrote: Congratulations Shake! Love you bud, so happy for you!

Love you too, bud. Here's hoping we can avenge the Packers loss for ya! ThumbsUp
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 09:03 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Love you too, bud. Here's hoping we can avenge the Packers loss for ya! ThumbsUp

Yes, hope we get the 49ers.Joe

Help out Packerbacker here and ourselves at the same time. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 08:23 PM)Arturo Bandini Wrote: Just asking ?

Just an incredible win and a game I’ll remember forever.
Reply/Quote
Who-dey forever! What an amazing day and team! The best game I’ve ever seen. I’m 65 and have been a fan since I was 15. I’ve literally been in tears since the final kick. This Bengals team has the most heart of any NFL team.
One of the happiest days of my life.
It’s our time!
Reply/Quote
Right at the top & going to get better.
Reply/Quote
The Freezer Bowl is a legend just because of the weather. This was a much more "incredible" victory.

7 point underdog
on the road
against a team that had won 2 straight conference championships
comes back from 18 points down
wins in OVERTIME.

This was one for the ages
Reply/Quote
Been a fan for almost 50 years. This is the pinnacle, so far.
Reply/Quote
Yes and it will be for a total of 2 more weeks until we see Burrow and Zac holding that SB Trophy!!!!
Reply/Quote
I’m 67 years old, been a fan since 1968. Hell ya, this is absolutely the greatest game in franchise history.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 08:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I can tell you I enjoyed this one more here in my den with food and drinks. I was freaking miserable at the Freezer Bowl. Didn't think I'd ever warm up

I hear ya! I spent most of the Freezer Bowl in the yellow level bar watching it on TV. I would go out to my seat until my beer froze and then would head back to the bar.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2022, 08:52 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I really like Mike Brown getting to enjoy this. I know he has done things that drive us all crazy. But with all his dad did for the game of football I know how much this has to mean to him.

Dude, his dad kicked out Bill Walsh instead of making him HC.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-31-2022, 10:54 AM)Interceptor Wrote: Dude, his dad kicked out Bill Walsh instead of making him HC.

Yeah, some who weren't around at the time seem to be under the impression everything was cake and roses with Paul Brown running things. It wasn't always great.... in fact, they made their own soap opera..... "Alll My Bengals" The story of a football team that doesn't know the meaning of the word quit, but should.

Reply/Quote