Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greatest victory and worst loss
In your history of being Bengal fans what is the happiest you have been over a Bengals win and the most heartbreaking loss?
Reply/Quote
Best win: @ Pittsburgh 2005

Worst loss: 2006 wildcard playoff game
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2017, 08:44 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Best win: @ Pittsburgh 2005

Worst loss: 2006 wildcard playoff game

I'd second that. The Jets made us look terrible that year.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I don't know about wins, but the 88 Super Bowl was the worst loss of my lifetime.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2017, 08:38 PM)packerbacker Wrote: In your history of being Bengal fans what is the happiest you have been over a Bengals win and the most heartbreaking loss?

When the best win is something short of a Super Bowl and the heartbreaking loss list is longer than your arm, it's not worth talking about...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
4 failed attempts to cross the goal line in the 3rd quarter of Super Bowl XVI.... Bengals down 20 at the half, making a huge comeback, try three runs by Pete Johnson and a Kenny Anderson pass to Charles Alexander, who screwed up his route costing a score. That was the worst game for me, as it was our first Super Bowl.
The next Super Bowl, losing to the same team, this time with Boomer, sucked balls as well.......
Reply/Quote
Greatest win: Freezer Bowl

Worst Loss: SB XXIII
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2017, 09:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: When the best win is something short of a Super Bowl and the heartbreaking loss list is longer than your arm, it's not worth talking about...

This is exactly what I thought when reading this....no offense packerbacker but......pass.

Reply/Quote
Happiest win is anytime we beat the Steelers. Which unfortunately hasn't happened enough under Marvin. I also fondly remember that huge comeback win against the Seahawks a few years ago. What a game.

I was like 5 years old the last time they lost in the Superbowl and I don't really remember it. So the worst losses are a tie between the 05 & 15 playoff games against the Steelers. Not sure which is worse, Palmer going down or having the game won and giving it away. Both equally horrible.

Reply/Quote
The 2015 season playoff game was almost the greatest victory that turned into the worst loss. I lived through both Super Bowl loses and they were bad, but after all the "one and done's" when AJ hit AJ in the end zone I was so excited that we weren't just going to win, we were going to do it coming back against our biggest rival the poopsburg stoolers. I couldn't even stay seated and I was literally crying tears of joy. Poopsburg's next possession Burfict made the interception.....It's over!!!! Then along comes Jeremy Hill, aggressive Burfict, cheating Porter, and yellow flags. ON US???!!! Very few times in my life have gone from such an extreme high to complete disbelief in just a few minutes.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
(08-08-2017, 09:21 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: When the best win is something short of a Super Bowl and the heartbreaking loss list is longer than your arm, it's not worth talking about...

then why even comment .. what a waste
Reply/Quote
Best Win: Freezer Bowl

Worst Loss: First Super Bowl loss: We were the better team.. dominated but turnovers just killed us...
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2017, 01:43 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: then why even comment .. what a waste

Because i felt like it. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The 2009 1st game againt the Steelers was pretty good.

But 2015, the comeback against Seattle. Man. That game made me realize that we had a really special team that year. Such a shame we saw it get squandered, but I'll never forget watching that game and watching such an amazing comeback.

The worst loss is the 2015 playoff game. That defense held one of the best offenses in the NFL to under 20 points. We had our backup QB who only played 4 games. And yet, we were so close.

You have to remember, I'm 25 years old. I've NEVER witnessed a Bengals playoff win in my life. They've never won a playoff game since I've been born. And to almost FINALLY watch my favorite team win a playoff game (against my most hated team and hometown team) would have been one of the best sports moments of my life. But it all went to pieces.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Best game: beating the undefeated chiefs.

Worst game: 2015 playoff loss.
I had tears in my eyes, tears of joy as many others did. Then just like that it was over. That was a very dark night. I'm 37, to realize none of my sports teams had done jack crap for the past 27 of those years, it hit hard that night.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-08-2017, 08:38 PM)packerbacker Wrote: In your history of being Bengal fans what is the happiest you have been over a Bengals win and the most heartbreaking loss?

Best Victory is a Tie...Both AFC CHAMPIONSHIP WINS and knowing Bengals Going To Super Bowl.  Also after Bengals started so bad in 1970, my Dad a season ticket holder.  Watching them beat Patriots and QB Joe Kapp who year before had taken Vikings to Super Bowl. Outside Riverfront after the game, all the fans shocked and happy the Bengals of 1968 expansion in AFL and 1970 being first year in NFL, BENGALS GOING TO PLAY-OFFS IN JUST THEIR THIRD YEAR.  I was with my Dad, Brother, maybe my Mom. A GREAT FAMILY MOMENT.  My Brother soon to be drafted had already enlisted in Air Force and went in early in 1971. One Last, Great, Family Moment was Bengals beating Patriots to Win AFC Central in 1970. Those Family things priceless.

I CAN TELL YOU THE UGLIEST WAY TO LOSE EVER....The 2015 Season Play-Off Game in THE JUNGLE against Pittsburg Steelers.  When McCarron hit AJ Green for Touchdown with little time left on clock, Bengals SHOULD HAVE won first play-off game since 1990 season.  What Bengals did in the last 60 seconds is still the MOST STUPID football I have ever seen.  Bengals were STUPID, STUPID, STUPID.  ....NOTHING COMPARES TO IT as far as STUPID WAY TO LOSE.....NOTHING. ....I don't want to hear Pittsburg this, or Pittsburg that, or we were robbed.....Truth is, Bengals were DUMB and DUMBER......Most STUPID last 60 seconds of football I have ever seen. ....Too Bad, McCarron to AJ Green should have won the game and ended this NO PLAY-OFF WIN SINCE 1990 Season GARBAGE.   ....The Players, Coaches and Jungle Fans lost all focus in that game, ending in no focus last 60 seconds and Big Ben didn't even have to make a comeback. Bengals just gave them stupid penalty after stupid penalty in last seconds to give Steelers an easy Game Winning Field Goal......Most Out Of Control, Lack Of Focus, STUPID LOSS I have ever seen.....A Fumble is a physical mistake. Burfict and Pacman running around out of focus and those dumb penalties are mental mistakes. Physical mistakes happen, but those mental mistakes are the worst possible way to lose. Turning a 65 yard field goal into a 35 yard field on free penalty yards. Talk about lack of focus and forgetting the game situation. Most STUPID Bengal Loss EVER.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
In the years Iv been a fan I can truely say the highest and lowest moment for me was the playoff game with AJ McCarron where we almost beat Pittsburg
Reply/Quote
Best: erm...nothing all that notable...maybe the 2005 division clincher against Pittsburgh?

Worst: 2015 Wild Card Game
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2017, 02:34 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: 2015, the comeback against Seattle. Man. That game made me realize that we had a really special team that year. Such a shame we saw it get squandered, but I'll never forget watching that game and watching such an amazing comeback.

The worst loss is the 2015 playoff game. That defense held one of the best offenses in the NFL to under 20 points. We had our backup QB who only played 4 games. And yet, we were so close.

You have to remember, I'm 25 years old. I've NEVER witnessed a Bengals playoff win in my life. They've never won a playoff game since I've been born. And to almost FINALLY watch my favorite team win a playoff game (against my most hated team and hometown team) would have been one of the best sports moments of my life. But it all went to pieces.

These are my thoughts exactly. lol
Reply/Quote
Win: In 2003 we beat the 9-0 Chiefs and moved into first place. It was the latest we'd held a division lead in like 14 years or so. Plus it was just an amazing game.

Loss: 2015 vs Steelers without a doubt. 2005 sucked but we had all game to digest what happened. In 2015 they got all of our hopes up only to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory in the cruelest way possible. You could not have rigged that game to be any more heartbreaking.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote