Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Greatness resides on the Bengals roster at 1 position:
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 01:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Can Huber kick FG? How hard would it be for him to be a better PK than Bullock?

Imagine Huber being a good kicker and we can cut Bullock and open a roster spot.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 03:00 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Can Huber kick FG? How hard would it be for him to be a better PK than Bullock?

Imagine Huber being a good kicker and we can cut Bullock and open a roster spot.

There are some guys in college that punt and kick.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 03:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There are some guys in college that punt and kick.

Bengals had one back in 2002, Travis Dorsch, 4th round pick. He only ever punted for them (and in one game at that) but he was a dual Kicker/Punter when he was drafted.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 03:00 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Can Huber kick FG? How hard would it be for him to be a better PK than Bullock?

I believe he has done so for us in a pinch when our kicker was hurt for a game or 2
Reply/Quote
I thought the Bengals also had the top rated Center in Hopkins?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So let me get this straight...we have a terrible o line, a defense that is just as bad, Randy Freaking Bullock as our kicker who has already missed two FG’s in two games, and someone is actually going out of their way to complain about Huber?!

What?!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 07:13 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: So let me get this straight...we have a terrible o line, a defense that is just as bad, Randy Freaking Bullock as our kicker who has already missed two FG’s in two games, and someone is actually going out of their way to complain about Huber?!

What?!

Yeah...you'd be totally wrong thinking anyone is complaining in this thread.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 08:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...you'd be totally wrong thinking anyone is complaining in this thread.

I think he is referring to the tweet that Goodberry responded to.
Reply/Quote
I have to say this, but I remember some guy by the name of Chad Johnson kicking a field goal successfully for us and he wasn't even a kicker.

Good times!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 08:35 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...you'd be totally wrong thinking anyone is complaining in this thread.

(09-18-2019, 08:39 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: I think he is referring to the tweet that Goodberry responded to.

Absolutely Goose...props to Goodberry for even taking the time to respond to that. I haven’t noticed a bad punt from Huber this year and even if I did he’d be about the last person/position I’d be concerned with on this team. Even if Huber wasn’t good, there’d still be about 100 bigger fish to fry
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 01:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

When I saw the thread title I instantly thought it must be the punter or the long snapper. LOL

Do long snappers even rate a grade? I wonder.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 09:02 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Absolutely Goose...props to Goodberry for even taking the time to respond to that. I haven’t noticed a bad punt from Huber this year and even if I did he’d be about the last person/position I’d be concerned with on this team. Even if Huber wasn’t good, there’d still be about 100 bigger fish to fry

Ha! I just saw the criticism in the tweet.

Your point is valid. It's like criticizing the wheels on a dumpster in a dumpster fire!
Reply/Quote

Yeah boi!!
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 09:26 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Ha! I just saw the criticism in the tweet.

Your point is valid. It's like criticizing the wheels on a dumpster in a dumpster fire!

I dont see it that way. A good punter can win games by consistently forcing bad field position on the opposing teams
Reply/Quote
Good for Huber that he takes such pride in what he does.  I do believe that his parents have a great peach picking patch.  The Bengals's punter's parents's peach picking patch.  Say THAT 69 times fast...
Reply/Quote
I've completely given up on complaining about the Bengals. Over a quarter of a century has taught me it's of absolutely no use. I'm almost to the point of hoping they'll trade any and all talent and have 7-8 first round picks just once...1-2-3-4-5-6 and number 7 first rounders chosen by...gird your loins first... TOBIN! I wonder if that's even possible.. Shocked That's right folks..7 1st round injured players to all be on injured reserve from day 1 just for shits n giggles.. Why not? At least fans of every team would be talking about the Bengals heading into the season..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 12:17 AM)TheUberHuber Wrote: I dont see it that way. A good punter can win games by consistently forcing bad field position on the opposing teams

No...the person said how bad Huber was. In reality, he's really good. And we have MANY problems. Why that guy picked Huber out to criticize, none of us realize.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 09:01 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: I have to say this, but I remember some guy by the name of Chad Johnson kicking a field goal successfully for us and he wasn't even a kicker.

Good times!

Was it a FG or an xtra point?

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2019, 12:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Was it a FG or an xtra point?

Xtra point I thought.
Reply/Quote