Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green Bay fan takes wife’s last name so he can be a Packer, too
https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/6/19/15834818/green-bay-fan-takes-wifes-last-name-so-he-can-be-a-packer-too

Quote:Imagine loving a football team so much you change your name to match it. That’s kind of what Ryan Holtan-Murphy did when he married Marie Packer, by taking her last name.

[Image: Screen_Shot_2017_06_19_at_8.47.59_PM.png]Ryan Holtan-Murphy and Marie Packer

The two got married June 17 in Chicago. The wedding’s theme was, of course, Packers. Holtan-Murphy even wore a suit patterned with the GB logo for the reception, plus he put together most of the Packer-themed decorations.

Holtan-Murphy is a diehard Green Bay fan, who grew up in Wisconsin and met his now-wife in Madison. According to ABC, Holtan-Murphy didn’t believe Packer about her name when they first met in a karaoke bar, and made her show him two forms of ID and a credit card as proof.

Packer said she planned to keep her last name anyway, as she is a doctor. She told ABC when the two got engaged, “...I love that he wants to take it. ‘The Packer Family’ has a nice ring to it.”

Holtan-Murphy proposed to Packer while wearing an Aaron Rodgers jersey, of course. The couple was at the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago and Holtan-Murphy had a baby beluga whale swim up to Packer holding the ring while they were in a water tank.
[Image: 0b561e50_666c_40e8_91b2_b298fb31380d_rt_auto.png]Ryan Holton-Murphy and Marie Packer

Props to him for what must be some incredible planning skills! First, this crazy proposal, then he planned out most of the wedding decorations? Amazing.

Congratulations to the Packer family!
[Image: giphy.gif]
I will be taking no further questions at this time.
Reply/Quote
Thank god they aren't stealer fans.   I don't think its legal for brother's to marry sisters......yet.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
On hearing that their daughter married a man from Green Bay who changed his last name to Packer, at first the Chicago family just couldn't Bear the thought of it. Instead of the normal wedding vows, the minister simply said, " Hut One, Hut Two, You're Married ". They hope to soon have little Packers about the house and are ready to face The Bills much more than once every four years.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
'Cause, when you' meet a complete stranger in a bar, as a single woman, by all means make sure to show them your photo IDs and credit card Mellow

Thinking he probably didn't want to miss a chance to ditch his own hyphenated name, either.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2017, 11:55 AM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/6/19/15834818/green-bay-fan-takes-wifes-last-name-so-he-can-be-a-packer-too

Your a Packer too! It's ok. Whatever

Reply/Quote
Lifelong friends at the reception recalled as a child Ryan's passion for sweets earned him the nickname "Fudge." They insist, however, their tradition of calling him Fudge to this day had no bearing on his decision.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Reply/Quote
He knows he could have changed his name at any time right? He didn't have to wait until he met a woman named Packer.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I hope his nickname isn't fudge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(06-26-2017, 12:04 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: I hope his nickname isn't fudge

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's what I was thinking except I really hope they don't have the brilliant idea of naming their first born son Fudge.. 

Now admit it..how many of you have given serious thought to changing your names to Bengals? 
A more fitting name change would be to be renamed Oneanddone.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Dear lord what the heck is wrong with men these days.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2017, 10:44 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Dear lord what the heck is wrong with men these days.

Supports the packers, and is taking his wife's last name....he wasn't a man to begin with. I bet she didn't even realize she was getting into a same sex marriage.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2017, 12:05 PM)Beaker Wrote: Supports the packers, and is taking his wife's last name....he wasn't a man to begin with. I bet she didn't even realize she was getting into a same sex marriage.

I don't blame someone for whom the cheer. Everyone knows you get your team from your father. However slapping his father and family in the face is quite another story. If this was my daughter I would probably tell her that this guy isn't husband matieral.
Reply/Quote
(06-30-2017, 06:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I don't blame someone for whom the cheer. Everyone knows you get your team from your father. However slapping his father and family in the face is quite another story. If this was my daughter I would probably tell her that this guy isn't husband matieral.

I'd tell him that he's not husband material for her.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2017, 02:56 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Thank god they aren't stealer fans.   I don't think its legal for brother's to marry sisters......yet.

I heard their last name was Rapist.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
I'm guessing he doesn't have a good relationship with his father. Otherwise, why would you insult him by not carrying on the family name? Plus he did have a hyphenated name, so it's possible he bounced around as a kid and doesn't really care to carry on a name.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
He looks like a combination of that guy who makes Family Guy and Walter Mondale.
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2017, 07:18 PM)Nately120 Wrote: He looks like a combination of that guy who makes Family Guy and Walter Mondale.

That would be one butt-ugly baby right there.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
ouch not a good representative of our football team lol.
Reply/Quote
(07-05-2017, 09:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm guessing he doesn't have a good relationship with his father. Otherwise, why would you insult him by not carrying on the family name? Plus he did have a hyphenated name, so it's possible he bounced around as a kid and doesn't really care to carry on a name.

Hyphenated name is just a sign he comes from a weird family. Outside of him being British and posh he just sounds weird.
Reply/Quote
(06-29-2017, 10:44 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Dear lord what the heck is wrong with men these days.

Immediately thought the exact same thing.

I am sure Packerbacker don't like this story.
Reply/Quote