Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Green is Back Sunday
This is foolish and negligent on their part. Our best player with a chronic toe issue. Why play him for this lost season with all backups left to play? He needs to be shut down for the season, he reinsures his foot and for what exactly?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 04:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Good news, want him to have another good year regardless, great man, great player that deserves more.

Build on the Boyd, Ross chemistry and i have always liked Driskel as our backup, liked him over AJM last year.

Driskel has a nice throwing motion with fantastic athleticism. I picked the Broncos to beat us cause of our terrible
Defense but wouldn't surprise me if we pulled out a win with Green back. Still the O-line needs to play better but
with Driskel he can escape the pocket and make teams pay big time. Also hit AJ and the other talent when the
play breaks down.

Good Defense in Denver though.
Another category where Driskel is better than Dalton,is when a play breaks down.He’s much better at extending plays,and making plays when things don’t go perfect,Dalton is not.I think he gives us a much better chance to win.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 05:12 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Another category where Driskel is better than Dalton,is when a play breaks down.He’s much better at extending plays,and making plays when things don’t go perfect,Dalton is not.I think he gives us a much better chance to win.

That's not true lol. Dalton the last year or two has actually been pretty good at taking off and not just chucking it out of bounds. He is one of the best QB's under pressure in general. We can have the Dalton vs Driskel debate, but let's not create things that aren't there. If anything Driskel takes off a bit too much when he could step up and stay in the pocket. The issue is once teams realize that they will force him to stay in the pocket and it'll make him hold it and eat the sack. 

..again I am not opposed to replacing Dalton but we don't have to try and make negative things up about the guy.
Reply/Quote
One thing about it.....you know Jeff Driskel is happy, his job got a bit easier with this news.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 05:25 PM)Wyche Wrote: One thing about it.....you know Jeff Driskel is happy, his job got a bit easier with this news.

I'd say it'll make Mixin's job easier too.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 05:17 PM)Au165 Wrote: That's not true lol. Dalton the last year or two has actually been pretty good at taking off and not just chucking it out of bounds. He is one of the best QB's under pressure in general. We can have the Dalton vs Driskel debate, but let's not create things that aren't there. If anything Driskel takes off a bit too much when he could step up and stay in the pocket. The issue is once teams realize that they will force him to stay in the pocket and it'll make him hold it and eat the sack. 

..again I am not opposed to replacing Dalton but we don't have to try and make negative things up about the guy.

This is all true, but Driskel does have good "escapability" talent.  He showed it twice against Cleveland that I remember.

As to the topic of the thread, I was reading on the Enquirer that Marvin and AJ had planned for him to return in 2016 after his hamstring tear for the last game, but MB overruled them both. 

Quote:"Not happening. Not happening," said Green when the idea was floated. "Not happening. Not happening this year. Not happening. Not happening."

Quote:Owner Mike Brown made the call to shelve Green. That's a move that Green indicated better not happen again. 

"I’m not going to handle that very well," Green said. "I’m going to leave that there."

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2018/11/28/j-green-toe-injury-cincinnati-bengals-playing-denver-broncos/2138447002/

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 05:35 PM)Wyche Wrote: This is all true, but Driskel does have good "escapability" talent.  He showed it twice against Cleveland that I remember.

Yea, but he had a habit in college of trying to escape when he shouldn't. That is my concern, when you get out of the pocket throwing lanes change and guys who would be open in the pocket are covered out. You got to stay in the pocket when possible and I think he gets happy feet. We will see this week for sure because the edge rushers for Denver are no joke. 
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 04:04 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: No one should give up. As sad as this sounds , the Bengals could easily still make the playoffs.

I don't know about easily. But IF we finish 4-1 we have a chance. 3-2 probably not so much.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 05:36 PM)Au165 Wrote: Yea, but he had a habit in college of trying to escape when he shouldn't. That is my concern, when you get out of the pocket throwing lanes change and guys who would be open in the pocket are covered out. You got to stay in the pocket when possible and I think he gets happy feet. We will see this week for sure because the edge rushers for Denver are no joke. 

He did do that....and with Og starting LT, he better have eyes in the back of his head!  He had a lot of INTs his last season in Gainesville too.

Reply/Quote
I see some are hung up on a word I used in the OP, so I will adapt so we don't get hung up on Green tanking as not close to the point of the thread...……...some felt Green would tank some in here and some in my everyday life....Is that better???????????

My point was I am glad Driskel will get the opportunity to throw to Green, Boyd and Ross and glad he will have Mixon too so hopefully we can see his talents. I hope he is the next Tom Brady, but we would have never known probably if Green was out the rest of the year.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 07:24 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I see some are hung up on a word I used in the OP, so I will adapt so we don't get hung up on Green tanking as not close to the point of the thread...……...some felt Green would tank some in here and some in my everyday life....Is that better???????????

My point was I am glad Driskel will get the opportunity to throw to Green, Boyd and Ross and glad he will have Mixon too so hopefully we can see his talents. I hope he is the next Tom Brady, but we would have never known probably if Green was out the rest of the year.

Meh, I think it was just cognitive dissonance on some folk's part that they jumped on it.

They want to give up on the season because they're mad; although we're only one game out of a playoff spot. When AJ states he's going to give all he has; it makes them question their stance. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 07:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Meh, I think it was just cognitive dissonance on some folk's part that they jumped on it.

They want to give up on the season because they're mad; although we're only one game out of a playoff spot. When AJ states he's going to give all he has; it makes them question their stance. 

Or maybe one or two just don't qualify as many.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 04:27 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Mike Brown doesn't deserve AJ Green.

And aj doesn’t deserve ebenezer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
It’s good to have AJ back. Let’s hope that these doctors aren’t sending him back too soon and it screws up next years season.
Reply/Quote
(11-28-2018, 04:04 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: No one should give up. As sad as this sounds , the Bengals could easily still make the playoffs.

I'm not sure winning out is considered easy. Going 4-1 the rest of the way is no guarantee of a playoff spot. Ravens hold the tie breaker at this point. In fact, if Cleveland wins this weekend and the Bengals lose, we're in last place in the division. Let that sink in.

Reply/Quote
Driskell must be thrilled knowing that he'll have AJ freaking Green to throw to. I'm serious. It wouldn't surprise me if this kid pushes Andy out the door with Marvin.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I won't say it can't happen...but odds that Driskell comes in and becomes a star are fairly low.

His mobility will help. As will the fact that he's not shell-shocked from playing behind this line.
Reply/Quote
AJ says he's loyal to the Bengals:

"When I got drafted, (the idea) was always to stay in one place the whole time, no matter what the situation is. I want to win. I want to bring something to this city. I don't want it to be 'Oh, A.J. left because he wasn't winning."

Such a class act all the way around.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 01:07 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: AJ says he's loyal to the Bengals:

"When I got drafted, (the idea) was always to stay in one place the whole time, no matter what the situation is. I want to win. I want to bring something to this city. I don't want it to be 'Oh, A.J. left because he wasn't winning."

Without a doubt.

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2018, 01:07 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: AJ says he's loyal to the Bengals:

It's pretty wacky that a guy with his skill would be so loyal to a franchise that doesn't give a crap about winning and doesn't even bother to honor former players.  The Bengals really hit the lottery by picking this guy.  I mean it, he's right up there with Larry Fitzgerald if he actually sticks it out in Cincy.
Reply/Quote