Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Green's trade value
(10-12-2019, 02:58 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Keeping him is expected and ok. They have a chance in FA and the draft to improve in critical areas. 

But the, as usual, word of the day is..."if" and their usual forays into FA and their recent draft record don't look too promising. 

[Image: DumpsterDive.jpg]

They got a picture of Mike during free agency last year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I could see the Bengals trading away Green to the Patriots for Rex Burkhead and a...... 5th round pick? lol
It just sounds like it would be something the Bengals would do.
[Image: 5Lx1vqY]
Reply/Quote
I'm almost of the belief that the Bengals should trade him to the Patriots for a 7th rounder just so he gets a good chance at a ring.
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 02:00 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I'm almost of the belief that the Bengals should trade him to the Patriots for a 7th rounder just so he gets a good chance at a ring.

But it sounds like that’s not what he wants. His idol is Larry Fitzgerald, and he wants to also spend his entire career with one team.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 06:14 PM)xEGDx Wrote: I could see the Bengals trading away Green to the Patriots for Rex Burkhead and a...... 5th round pick?  lol
It just sounds like it would be something the Bengals would do.

That actually sounds like nothing the Bengals would do. 
1. They hardly ever make a trade.
2. If they do, someone would have to absolutely wow them with an offer like the Raiders did for Carson Palmer.
Reply/Quote
I wonder how everyone here would feel about AJ if he left in free agency after making quotes like this. I wouldn't mind...what team would want a WR that trash talks his team and QB. That's our jerb
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 03:08 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: [Image: DumpsterDive.jpg]

They got a picture of Mike during free agency last year.

My neighbor informed me the restaurant I ate at last week dumpster dives the drug mart grocery store right next to them for ingredients. She said "don't worry, drug mart throws out their bread on the expiration date, it's still good for a bit after that".
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 12:04 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I cannot see any team offering up a first round pick or even a second round pick in exchange for an injured player.  

Especially an injured player who will be a free agent at the end of the year.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 01:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is not healthy, and he is only signed through the end of this year.  I hear people talking about a first round pick, but I don't think any team would offer anything like that.

In fact, unless he comes back and plays really great this year we will be the team to sign him.  Other teams will be spooked off by his injury history and will not pay him as much as we will offer.

There is no point in us keeping him either.  We are not close to anything right now.  I say we get what we can for him regardless.  Even though he has been injured, I have to believe that Green still remains in high regard throughout the league.  Green represents potential to another team that is 'close'.  So, I happen to think he fits the late 1st round narrative.  We wont get an early 1st for him.  Teams in rebuild are there...er...like us.
Reply/Quote
AJ Green has not played an NFL game since October 2018!
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2019, 12:17 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: AJ Green has not played an NFL game since October 2018!

And we’ve won exactly 1 game in that time...

You think he’s pretty important to this team or what?

Reply/Quote