Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Green's trade value
He is not healthy, and he is only signed through the end of this year. I hear people talking about a first round pick, but I don't think any team would offer anything like that.

In fact, unless he comes back and plays really great this year we will be the team to sign him. Other teams will be spooked off by his injury history and will not pay him as much as we will offer.
Reply/Quote
AJ Green quote from today

Bengals WR A.J. Green had this to say when asked about how important the value of his next deal will be during negotiations: "It's not about the money," Green said. "Got enough money. I just want to make sure to I'm healthy and then everything else will take care of itself."

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 01:45 PM)pally Wrote: AJ Green quote from today

Bengals WR A.J. Green had this to say when asked about how important the value of his next deal will be during negotiations: "It's not about the money," Green said. "Got enough money. I just want to make sure to I'm healthy and then everything else will take care of itself."

Dude - What a thing for a player to say.  :andy:

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 02:42 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Dude - What a thing for a player to say.  :andy:

AJ is an oddity to be sure.  It's not about money and it's not about winning.  His motivation defies capitaistic and competitive logic.
Reply/Quote
We don't know what the team has offered before or after the recent injury but seeing how he has missed the last 13 games I think they are being cautious about guaranteed money. AJ has been the perfect teammate and totally professional while here but he hasn't been able to stay healthy the last two years. I don't think any other team would pay him more than the Bengals would but they have to have a way out if these injuries become chronic.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 02:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: AJ is an oddity to be sure.  It's not about money and it's not about winning.  His motivation defies capitaistic and competitive logic.

Perfect player for Mike Brown... Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 01:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is not healthy, and he is only signed through the end of this year. I hear people talking about a first round pick, but I don't think any team would offer anything like that.

In fact, unless he comes back and plays really great this year we will be the team to sign him. Other teams will be spooked off by his injury history and will not pay him as much as we will offer.

Wasn’t there an article recently that said an AFC exec told the reporter that a lot of teams would be interested in offering a 1st for Green?
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 01:45 PM)pally Wrote: AJ Green quote from today

I wish I were in a position to say "I've got enough money".  That's why I buy lottery tickets, and get up and go to work each day.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 01:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is not healthy, and he is only signed through the end of this year.  I hear people talking about a first round pick, but I don't think any team would offer anything like that.

In fact, unless he comes back and plays really great this year we will be the team to sign him.  Other teams will be spooked off by his injury history and will not pay him as much as we will offer.

You may be correct, but if so then why would Bengals agree to a trade for 2nd round or worse?

If I were Bengals, I would not give him away, he is our one guy who puts fans in the stands when healthy.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 03:56 PM)thillan Wrote: Wasn’t there an article recently that said an AFC exec told the reporter that a lot of teams would be interested in offering a 1st for Green?

Yes and there are multiple teams interested which will raise the price tag (Pats, 49ers, Chiefs, Bills)

We are an inept organization if we don't listen, with that said he doesn't leave unless its a 1st rounder and more which will happen with a bidding war among multiple teams.

The only other "star" WR who may be available is S Diggs
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2019, 02:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: AJ is an oddity to be sure.  It's not about money and it's not about winning.  His motivation defies capitaistic and competitive logic.

It's like he was bred in a laboratory to play for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
We are not trading him......
Reply/Quote
I find it hard to believe it isn't about the money. If it wasn't about money he would have already been signed. They have been talking for almost a year. I wonder what deal he and his agent have turned down? If he wants Julio or Thomas money or a large upfront guaranteed money you can probably say goodbye to AJ.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 09:08 AM)corpjet Wrote: Yes and there are multiple teams interested which will raise the price tag (Pats, 49ers, Chiefs, Bills)

We are an inept organization if we don't listen, with that said he doesn't leave unless its a 1st rounder and more which will happen with a bidding war among multiple teams.

The only other "star" WR who may be available is S Diggs

It is likely that 2 of these 4 (NE and KC) make deep playoff runs so a 1st rounder from them is really a 2nd rounder, except the contract costs more.

The other 2 are likely to make the playoffs too so you'd get 20-25 pick.

Now if the Cards  or Jets were interested, I'd pull the trigger in a heartbeat.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 09:08 AM)corpjet Wrote: Yes and there are multiple teams interested which will raise the price tag (Pats, 49ers, Chiefs, Bills)

Who exactly said these teams were offereing a first round pick for Green?

I can't see any team giving up a first round pick for just a few games from a guy that they don't even know is healthy.
Reply/Quote
AJ Green is one of the premier wide receivers in this league, but I cannot see any team offering up a first round pick or even a second round pick in exchange for an injured player. Any competent owner would want to see AJ play a full season without injury before even trying to make a deal with the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 11:16 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Who exactly said these teams were offereing a first round pick for Green?

I can't see any team giving up a first round pick for just a few games from a guy that they don't even know is healthy.

I also don't see anyone offering a first rounder for AJ but there are owners that will do whatever is needed to get a ring. Like someone else stated the contenders may trade a first rounder to win but those teams are picking late in the first round. If AJ plays the next two weeks and plays great I could see a team like Miami to trade one of their first rounders and take the chance for a cornerstone of their new offense.
Reply/Quote
Doesn't matter. Bengals aren't trading him. 

But no one needs to see him play healthy. They know what he can do and as long as the doctor says he will be good to go, or what percentage he's likely to be at from now...the checkbooks will come out. 

But he's not being traded. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 02:10 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Doesn't matter. Bengals aren't trading him. 

But no one needs to see him play healthy. They know what he can do and as long as the doctor says he will be good to go, or what percentage he's likely to be at from now...the checkbooks will come out. 

But he's not being traded. 

Exactly. The GM’s from some of the contenders couldn’t get on the phone fast enough if they thought they could get AJ Green for a late 1st or a 2nd. But it seems like we’re set on keeping him, which I’m actually happy about.

As far as his deal, I think he’s probably looking for around 3 years 50 million. Which I think is fair. Hopefully they get a deal done soon.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2019, 02:38 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Exactly. The GM’s from some of the contenders couldn’t get on the phone fast enough if they thought they could get AJ Green for a late 1st or a 2nd. But it seems like we’re set on keeping him, which I’m actually happy about.

As far as his deal, I think he’s probably looking for around 3 years 50 million. Which I think is fair. Hopefully they get a deal done soon.

Keeping him is expected and ok. They have a chance in FA and the draft to improve in critical areas. 

But the, as usual, word of the day is..."if" and their usual forays into FA and their recent draft record don't look too promising. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote